MLS Cup Playoffs - October 30 - Philadelphia (Away)

Austin is a great city and would make for a great storyline
I have respect for their fanbase and what they've been able to accomplish in two years.

Frankly, the only team I would be annoyed with winning here is Philly. My order would be:
NYCFC > Austin > LAFC >>>>>> Philly

lol

Reactions: Joe_Cos and moogoo
I have respect for their fanbase and what they've been able to accomplish in two years.

Frankly, the only team I would be annoyed with winning here is Philly. My order would be:
NYCFC > Austin > LAFC >>>>>> Philly

lol

my order is the same! god help us all if philly wins MLS cup. their fans will be the absolute worst.

Reactions: KevinJRogers
Looking like it’ll be 8 pm then. Austin up 2-0, 30 minutes in.
Per the clubs (according to Larry Henry Jr. on Twitter) we go at 8 p.m. on FS1. Austin and LA go at 3 p.m., broadcast on ESPN.

Works for me. I was drinking coffee for today's game and didn't have the traditional frozen pizza until 5 p.m., which I think may have been primarily responsible for us being statistically smoked today. Doubly true since I won't pour wine before dark. Don't want to take that kind of chance with Philadelphia, no no no.

Reactions: Kjbert
And like that my friends, I will not be going to Philly. Definitely would have considered the day trip, there and back but no way is that a day trip anymore :/

Without knowing where you live, it’s a really simple drive down.

And a really good tailgate setup potentially

We clinched Champions League spot, no? All the teams left other than us already qualified, so I think we get the MLS Cup winner spot.

What moron decided that the NYCFC vs. Philly game would be at 8 p.m. local time and the Austin vs. LAFC would be at noon local time?

I told that fuck down at the league office... Who's in charge of scheduling?

Reactions: Keith Putnam

It is an easy drive down. I've done it a few times.
It's the drive back at that hour. Best case you're on the road by 11pm and home at 1:15-1:30am, and that's only if NYC loses in regulation. Extra time and/or a NYC win and you're hanging around a lot later.

I really hope we win this game.

If we do, I have no idea if I have it in me to do another one of those quick trips across the country.
Really rooting to go to Texas instead of LA for just that reason. Although right now, flights to LA are cheaper than Austin right now so 🤷🏾‍♂️
I'll see how I feel in a week, but I'm also going to find it tough to drag myself even to Texas. Just this month I've been to Colorado/Utah for a week, and a weekend in Michigan, and I'm in Michigan again next weekend. It's not even the travel as much as not having the weekends either to get stuff done or relax/recharge.
We might need to count on some new blood to uphold the forum presence.
But one step at a time.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shwafta
We clinched Champions League spot, no? All the teams left other than us already qualified, so I think we get the MLS Cup winner spot.
Austin fans on Reddit don't think so. They seem to think they qualify only if Philly beats us next week (and presumably also if we lost MLC Cup final). So they are all rooting for the Union for that reason.
I myself don't know. They change the rules every year.

Yeah - I’m wrong. Forgot about the Orlando spot.

It’s basically what mgarbowski mgarbowski said, driving back to northern Westchester starting at 10:30/11pm at the earliest with work at 7am the next day. Would have been fine if the game was at 3pm local time. And if there is extra time/penalties, forget it.

...Doubly true since I won't pour wine before dark....

You must be so glad winter is coming.

Paul Giamatti Wine GIF

Austin fans on Reddit don't think so. They seem to think they qualify only if Philly beats us next week (and presumably also if we lost MLC Cup final). So they are all rooting for the Union for that reason.
I myself don't know. They change the rules every year.

Philly and LAFC (and Orlando via Open Cup) have already qualified for CCL, leaving the MLS Cup winner. If an already qualified team wins MLS cup, it goes to the US team with the next highest points. This means:

Philly wins MLS Cup, Austin gets CCL spot
LAFC wins MLS Cup, Austin gets CCL spot
Austin wins MLS Cup…duh
NYCFC wins MLS Cup, NYCFC gets CCL spot