MLS - July 13 - Dallas (Away)

I'm of the opinion to play the reserves and kids for this one. Full rotation. Have the best possible and rested squad for New Jersey, where I desperately want a win.

0 points in Dallas. 3 points in New Jersey. I'm happy.

3 points in Dallas. 0 points in New Jersey. I'm pissed.
Stand by my opinion (though tonight I'm a bit pleased)

It was a good three points. Good rotation, I think. Some fresh tactics. Tonight really felt like we broke out of a rut. Things could get really interesting with a full squad available.
Just leaving work I’ll have to check highlights when they’re up. I was able to listen to the 2nd half and Dallas commentators praised our defense but also critiqued us for not really doing much. We need that killer instinct to finish teams off and put games away. Still a great result and 2 wins under our belt going into a rivalry match with yet another new coach.

Reactions: KevinJRogers
This was a HUGE 3 points and I agree it felt like the first expression of the Cushing era. It felt a little different. The team needed a shake up for sure. Let’s hope we see a continued fresh approach and not same old same old on Sunday.

Reactions: KevinJRogers
Just leaving work I’ll have to check highlights when they’re up. I was able to listen to the 2nd half and Dallas commentators praised our defense but also critiqued us for not really doing much. We need that killer instinct to finish teams off and put games away. Still a great result and 2 wins under our belt going into a rivalry match with yet another new coach.

We played smart. Exerting any killer instinct tonight would have put us in more trouble since Dallas plays on the counter. We conserved energy on a very hot night and managed the game.

That was a really professional performance. 100 degree night, five starters out of the lineup, and while we didn't dominate, we saw it out and kept Dallas to very few good chances. Just a really professional performance. Super impressed with that one. Maybe they're now turning the corner after their little slump. This team was too good to play that way for much longer.

Haak had some struggles, and he's clearly not there yet, but I agree with everyone that he'll be a player. Still needs seasoning and time on the field.

1 3 2 4 2 2 0

You could tell watching Cushing's postgame speech after New England that he did not like how many goals the team has conceded since he took over. That was clearly the emphasis last night, not just because of that but also the reasons mentioned previously: the schedule, heat, roster etc. Job done.

All business this time... except for morales, who I can never tell is really smiling or just nervous?

rczynurlxh6eo7qhiqdh.jpg

https://www.fox4news.com/sports/fc-dallas-new-york-city-fc
I saw this and I was like "Araujo Dos Santos ?" LOL
The worst is the MLS game center Player stats page. A certain Talles Magno Bacelar Martins is listed as T. Bacelar Martins some games and Talles Magno in others and it goes back and forth without rhyme or reason.

It's bad enough we have a Morales and a Moralez, 2 Thiagos, 2 Martins, a Thiago Martins, Brazilians who use their first names, Brazilians who use their last names, and a Texan who uses his first name because he briefly lived in Portugal.
I'll keep all of the above straight. I'll gladly call Talles Magno Bacelar Martins whatever he wants, and I'm pretty sure that's Talles Magno. Why can't MLS Game Center do the same? Just be consistent.
Please?

Last edited:
Anyone else have problems with the YES App? I couldn't watch the game FFS. Usual login didn't work. Usual password didn't work. Email to remind/reset password was allegedly sent but never received. I gave up and watched the WSOP. F' the YES App.

Only saw the highlights of this game and the take away from that perspective is wow we were really lucky. What the heck was going on with the Johnson to Haak to Ferreira to how did that not end up in the net?
Sometimes luck is on your side. Hope it continues.

Reactions: canchon
Only saw the highlights of this game and the take away from that perspective is wow we were really lucky. What the heck was going on with the Johnson to Haak to Ferreira to how did that not end up in the net?
Sometimes luck is on your side. Hope it continues.
If the person who Ferreira was passing the ball to had come back to the ball, it would have been a goal. But he sat passively waiting for it, and that gave Perreira the time he needed to get to the ball.

Reactions: SoupInNYC
Anyone else have problems with the YES App? I couldn't watch the game FFS. Usual login didn't work. Usual password didn't work. Email to remind/reset password was allegedly sent but never received. I gave up and watched the WSOP. F' the YES App.
I tried watching the 1st half on my phone in bed. The app was terrible, but in different ways than you experienced.

But I also set the YES overnight delayed broadcast to DVR. It was scheduled to come on after the Yankee postgame, with a 1/2 hour Yankee magazine as a time buffer. I set it to record for 3.5 hours. The post game used up the entire magazine show buffer, and continued through the first 1 hour and 40 minutes of the soccer telecast. Then they showed the entire pregame, and my recording shuts off in minute 89 of the game. So I have 2H10M of stuff I don't want, and part of a game. F' YES.

Yup. The app was spazzing out and wouldn’t allow me to enter the authorization code for worked my tv or my computer. However, eventually it worked on my phone, weirdly. So I watched/listened there. So trash.

• Angry
Reactions: JayH
I just kept doing the same thing over and over.

Sign in. Activation code. Game won't open.
Sign in. Activation code. Game won't open. Shut down app. Restart app.
Sign in. Activation code. Game won't open.Shut down app. Restart app.
Sign in. Activation code. Game opens at 30 seconds into match.

Remind me again, please. This is the last season of this. Yes?

I just kept doing the same thing over and over.

Sign in. Activation code. Game won't open. Shut down app. Restart app.
Sign in. Activation code. Game won't open.Shut down app. Restart app.
Sign in. Activation code. Game opens at 30 seconds into match.

Remind me again, please. This is the last season of this. Yes?
I had three or four of those - Sign in. Activation code. Game won't open. - then tried the Yankee game next to it, which worked fine, which then let me open the NYCFC game.

Reactions: FootyLovin