Elite Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
New York, NY
Philadelphia Union vs. New York City FC
Saturday, July 15 7:30 PM ET
Subaru Park
Apple TV (MLS Season Pass)

will blake be out for this game with national team duty? that should help us on the attack. lol.

Jamaica is probably the favorite for tonight’s game against Guatemala, if they win it means they play mid-week in the semis (and then on the weekend if Jamaica would beat Mexico in the semis).

Blake is definitely out if Jamaica goes to the final, and probably (??) out if Jamaica goes to the semis. Not sure if Blake would come straight out of nat’l team duty and play in Philly 3 days later.

So, as a NYCFC and USMNT fan, you should root root root for dem Reggae Boyz.

Also, color me shocked that for once NYCFC has a favorable match schedule where we are resting and the other team is playing is playing an away match mid-week. Always seemed to be the other way around.

Not sure if Blake would come straight out of nat’l team duty and play in Philly 3 days later.
I have to think there’s at least a chance. Keepers need less rest and after Sunday the schedule lightens plus it’s just the LC. Only thing giving me pause is the Wednesday game is in Vegas.

Reactions: Gotham Gator
Jamaica is probably the favorite for tonight’s game against Guatemala, if they win it means they play mid-week in the semis (and then on the weekend if Jamaica would beat Mexico in the semis).

Blake is definitely out if Jamaica goes to the final, and probably (??) out if Jamaica goes to the semis. Not sure if Blake would come straight out of nat’l team duty and play in Philly 3 days later.

So, as a NYCFC and USMNT fan, you should root root root for dem Reggae Boyz.

Also, color me shocked that for once NYCFC has a favorable match schedule where we are resting and the other team is playing is playing an away match mid-week. Always seemed to be the other way around.
I have to think there’s at least a chance. Keepers need less rest and after Sunday the schedule lightens plus it’s just the LC. Only thing giving me pause is the Wednesday game is in Vegas.

i think he did exactly this last year? he left international duty and was playing for the union just a day or two later after a jamaica friendly or qualification game that was in the states.

Jamaica is in the semis and they are the late game on Wednesday. So Blake would have to lose Wednesday late night, travel back to Philly on Thursday and then play Saturday night.

If he was a field player no way, but there is a chance he plays Saturday because he’s a keeper. Hopefully Jamaica pulls the upset against a mediocre Mexico team.

Honestly, the way NYCFC has been with opposing keepers this year, Joe effing Bendik will have 9 saves on Saturday night if Bendik is the starter.

Carranza got a red card in the 95' in their match tonight. Bit of a break for us.

Oh btw, Nashville got 2 reds in the match.

Anyone want to take a guess who the ref was?

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: moogoo
welp. looks likely blake will be in the net for this one. unless he takes his time getting back to the union for some reason or is carrying a knock

And maybe Jimmy Sands on the bench? Or will he start

My favorite thing about Union fans is that they have a chant that’s basically boo-hoo no one likes us. But they also start out the games like this:
IMG_8653.jpeg

And maybe Jimmy Sands on the bench? Or will he start

i'm ok with him on the bench. he needs a break. but i wouldn't be surprised if he starts considering leagues cup is coming and we might/should phone it in..

I'd be pretty surprised if Sands played in this game. He's played 240 minutes in the last 4 days.

Either give sands the time off or if he insists put him on the bench to (hopefully) put in a 15-20 minute shift if needed to protect a lead

Reactions: SoupInNYC