MLS - July 17 - Red Bulls (Away)

In 2015 I would usually wait until other people posted in the post-game threads, not to copy them, but to make it at least somewhat less likely I said something obviously ignorant. If I knew you all were as dumb as me I wouldn't have bothered.

We also did that thing where we ranked every player after the games and it gave you a report of how far your rankings deviated from the average. I would rewatch games taking those deviations into consideration, plus what people wrote, and try to figure out what I missed or got wrong. Sometimes I even tentatively decided I was right and the consensus was wrong. Was I? Who knows?!

Ha. Did you dial WE6-1212 for the weather?
I don't remember any of the other paid numbers, but Sports Phone was always the main one. Cangiolosi was still in college when he started doing it. Weather you could get every 10 minutes on 1010 or 880 AM radio, but occasionally you might have access to a pay phone and not a radio and it came in handy. I never understood who TF called a paid number to check the time unless you were synchronizing for a heist or something. Where would you be that nobody is wearing a watch and no clocks are visible?

Reactions: JayH
He started 8 of the 10 shutouts. He also did not play in the only two games we conceded more than 2 goals, and missed 3 of the recent games where we conceded 10 times in 4 games. To be fair, that stretch also coincided with the start of Keaton's injury.
Exactly right. (I was being a little cheeky.)

I expected him to be good once he got adjusted, but I have to admit, I didn't see the leadership coming. That aspect of his game didn't really get discussed much, and of course it doesn't show up in highlight reels. But he's been all that and more.

Best gang photo in MLS.

ilz6lunbhpcsrtv8aokb.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: KevinJRogers
I can’t find it again, did someone mention a potential Luis Suarez signing with Taty leaving?

nah, no way. i think people are just saying that because its nycfc and want to link a big name just to link them. ever since the big names are gone they always try to link someone.

i know he said MLS teams were interested in him but perhaps most likely he goes back to Uruguay with Nacional.

Lurked on their forums for a little bit of the old Schadenfreude . They mostly seem to be mad at their mother ship for not providing them with a decent striker. They also call us the Blue poseurs, which is pretty weak as far as shade goes IMO.
They also call us smurfs. Which is… weird?

Smurfs are the leading, good guy characters, on a multi-million dollar franchise that had a movie with Neil Patrick Harris. Call me that all you want.

• Haha
Reactions: canchon and Kenny
i like that teams are doing these kinds of videos more. adds to the entertainment, drama, and fan engagement. the look on cow supporter faces when taty scores... classic.

and more... taty fined by disco. don't remember this at all?

It's for when he casually touched and tapped an opponent on the face. Nothing malicious, serious, or endangering the safety of an opponent. It could be like when someone sees a close family member.

Reactions: moogoo
It's for when he casually touched and tapped an opponent on the face. Nothing malicious, serious, or endangering the safety of an opponent. It could be like when someone sees a close family member.
If I'm remembering the moment correctly, it did not seem well received.

Like, it's that close family remember you've been wanting to kick out of the house at every gathering, but you don't want the year long fight with your wife that would ensue.

Reactions: Schwallacus
If I'm remembering the moment correctly, it did not seem well received.

Like, it's that close family remember you've been wanting to kick out of the house at every gathering, but you don't want the year long fight with your wife that would ensue.
This^. In real time I was concerned it would result in a review/red. It was close - I would never trust the officials to deliberate on intent.