MLS - June 28 - Orlando (Home - YS)

I'm not going to take too much out of the 2nd half -- when we're up 3-0, the job is done until Hannes just inexplicably forgets how to play soccer with two minutes left. Easy to understand why we took the foot off the gas. And as soon as they made it 3-2, we put the game away.

That first half was incredible. We were playing with so much passion, so much conviction, and so much swagger. Haven't seen them play like that since Ronny Deila was the coach. The way we were just slicing them open in that first half was incredible to watch. That's the best we've looked since 2021. It started 30 seconds in and never really stopped until it was game over at 3-0.

The Stajduhar-Jones play happened right in front of me. I was scared Malachi broke his leg, too, but obviously Stajduhar suffered a gruesome leg break. Best wishes to him on his recovery and hopefully Malachi won't be out too long. I was pretty upset the supporters' section was still singing while the goalie was being worked on. When a guy is being worked on for 10 minutes, just be quiet and respectful for a few minutes. No need to sing through the injury.

what happened?
A dominant first half pressing led to Nick returning to his turtle block roots in the second half, making that game far more intersting than it should have been. After Orlando scored their first, the team started pressing again and essentially shut them down (weird second goal aside).

I understand that the injuries had an effect on both teams, but that game could have been put to bed between minutes 45 and 55 if they maintained the same defensive strucrture, allowing significant rest before a midweek game. Instead, passive play = lifeline for Orlando.

Nick has shown improvement this season, but that was a regression that was a mess.

Went to see my town’s fireworks last night sounds like I missed some fireworks on the field look forward to watching replay soon.

Happy for Bakrar scoring that goal (even though he should have just taken it to the corner to end the game, but we’ll give him a pass hehe). Until that goal it was a classic Bakrar performance where he does half the things right, I.e. gets into great space but doesn’t control the ball.

The giveaway for Orlando’s second goal was nightmare stuff. Duncan McGuire should send a fruit basket of appreciation for his stat padding.

Reactions: LionNYC
Ah what a game! Had a splendid time and all my guests were vibing with the win too! Just saying both times I’ve gone to games Bakrar scores. Coincidence? I think not! Went to the “Yankee twin eatery bar” next to Billy’s and danced with other fans till midnight. It was a great night and a great win!

Bakrar's finish featured an especially sweet curl. I was very disappointed to hear audible groans and boos when he subbed on.
Just before his goal, the guy behind me started shouting “Don’t pass it to Bakrar.”

Once the ball was in the net, I grinned at him and asked if he could repeat himself. He said “he only scores when you criticize him.” It was all in good fun, but I think I made my point.

Any word on Malachi? I haven't seen anything official yet. Not even anything unofficial.

PS I'm watching MLS 360 but I missed the early show while watching the Mets game. Anyone catch anything?

Any word on Malachi? I haven't seen anything official yet. Not even anything unofficial.

PS I'm watching MLS 360 but I missed the early show while watching the Mets game. Anyone catch anything?

I have to assume the moment I paused on is not a digital anomaly.

It is bad.

I hope he recovers for our 2025 cup run.

Also, AppleTV screenshots on my Mac are blacked out. Maybe for the best....