MLS - March 12 - Montreal (Home)

Would like to see Taty and Maxi get 60 minutes of rest.

I know it's the home opener and everything, but how do you play Maxi on Saturday? Give Santi the start and have Maxi on the bench. I'm OK playing Taty, he's young enough and he's probably gone in June anyway. But Maxi? Get him on the bench, and play him in the final 30 if you need him.

Reactions: Kjbert and 413Blue
Can one of you positive outlook guys, maybe ZYanksRule ZYanksRule?, put a positive spin on the current weather forecast for Saturday's game? Bonus points for any forecasting models that show any sign of hope.

Can one of you positive outlook guys, maybe ZYanksRule ZYanksRule?, put a positive spin on the current weather forecast for Saturday's game? Bonus points for any forecasting models that show any sign of hope.
Per darksky.net, on Saturday expect light rain/rain throughout the day with the temperature in the 40s until the 2nd half, drops to high 30s around 3PM:
1646833892459.png

Per weather.com, similar to darksky in it being nice in the morning (high 40s to 50), then getting colder/windier as day goes on.
1646834174602.png
Accuweather is showing this (similar to the others.
1646834313385.png

Attachments

• 1646834092874.png
    1646834092874.png
    27.7 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: Vallos and JayH
Hourly forecast from the National Weather Service.

43, windy and rainy at kickoff - wind chill 36 - dropping to 40 and 30 by game’s end.

6FB218C7-0EA2-4CD7-830E-D1F12D32AC2E.jpeg

• Angry
Reactions: JayH

Soccer is meant to be played in the rain? At least it's not snow? At least we'll be celebrating a championship?

Rain in the summer isn't so bad, but rain and 40's is pretty miserable. I don't have much LOL.

Reactions: JayH and mgarbowski
It was arguably (and probably IMO) unplayable conditions, but the officials can suspend even if the home team wants to go forward.

i always thought it went ahead because its YS. there is no way they can reschedule it , not even the following day since Yankees want the field converted ASAP.

I had planned to bring the full brood (4 kids) for this one, but am going to scale down and do that the following week.
Yea, we were going to do the whole family but now it looks like just me...

Yea, we were going to do the whole family but now it looks like just me...

looking at the weather forecast, going to be hard to convince the fam to come out.

the supporters pregame march is going to be Portland redux - in the pouring rain haha

Reactions: SoupInNYC