MLS - March 12 - Montreal (Home)

Looking forward to the game and hope the rain just misses us or is light.

As much as I'd want to see us crush Montreal, I wouldn't hate it if we see a heavily rotated squad.

But my gut tells me Ronny will probably send out a very strong xi and rotate maybe 2 players at most?

Good lord We need to clone Maxi.
I’ve just been so impressed with him early on this season. It seemed to me that the team looked messy when he subbed out last Night. I think it was only about 10 minutes of game but oh boy…

Same here. In other leagues pundits say that a classic 10 is outdated, but Maxi is a classic 10 IMHO, and there are only 2 or 3 in MLS who are equal or better than him: Gil, Pozuelo (when fit) maybe Lodeiro. A guy like Zelarayan scores bangers but doesn't improve those around him. He won't be easy to replace.

Same here. In other leagues pundits say that a classic 10 is outdated, but Maxi is a classic 10 IMHO, and there are only 2 or 3 in MLS who are equal or better than him: Gil, Pozuelo (when fit) maybe Lodeiro. A guy like Zelarayan scores bangers but doesn't improve those around him. He won't be easy to replace.
Put me down on the "took maxi for granted list of shame". I've Always liked Maxi (aside from the penalty kicks, which it looks like he may have put behind him) but something about how he performed last year and the way he's playing this year and learning more about the game... I'm gonna have faith that Rony and David have some plans in place moving forward cause right now I can't stop gushing about Maxi. Also, the rest of the team needs to PUT HIS ABSOLUTE GEM DELIVERY'S IN THE BACK OF THE FRICKIN NET!

Reactions: Sabo and moogoo

Maxi has been exceptional he's almost single-handedly covering a number of holes right now. Without Tinnerholm we don't have any players capable of shuttling the ball up the wings. None of our midfielders can replace the line-breaking passes we used to get from James Sands. Keaton understandably still seems to have a ways to go to get back to full speed and as a result he isn't carrying the ball through the midfield the way we have seen him do in the past. Yet Maxi just keeps everything moving seamlessly it's really amazing.

we have played without maxi before and had some success. but it would be crazy to say we look as good without him. it will be a tall task for Lee to find a replacement for him. We figured Santi would be the heir apparent, but his loan is over after this season. Even assuming we extend the loan or sign him permanently, he's not the same type of player.

Maxi brings ball retention and wisdom to control the pace of the game. He's constantly telling people where to go.

He is the conductor to our team orchestra. Without him, we might be able to get through a game but it won't be as synchronized and it won't be as beautiful.
Can this team evolve into a modern team that doesn't rely on a classic #10? Maybe. Next year will be very interesting because we (1) won't very likely have Maxi and (2) Ronny might not renew his contract either. A new coach, new thinking? Maybe Cushing will take over?

Anyway - while we still have him, I look forward to enjoying all the magic he weaves but I do hope he gets a solid rest on saturday. For me, CCL is more important than the first few games of the league season.

Be aware of planned service changes for the 4 train on Saturday

No 4 train in Brooklyn and it runs local as well? Arrrggghhhh

giphy.gif