MLS - March 23 - Cincinnati (Away)

Unless I've missed it, Jovan has not been called up by Serbia as rumored and will be available.

Unless I've missed it, Jovan has not been called up by Serbia as rumored and will be available.

cushing mentioned it in the press conf too... here's confirmation in the summary writeup:

1710977357288.png

cushing mentioned it in the press conf too... here's confirmation in the summary writeup:

View attachment 13239

I know I'm the sunny optimist rah-rah guy, but I like what Nick said in the presser about guys knocking on his door for a chance to play. We could be a little bouncy in this one. I mean, in a good way. Energetic.

FC Cincinnati sits at 2W-2D-0L through 4 games with a 1.61 xG and 1.17 xGA. Compared to NYCFCs 1.33 xG and 1.23 xGA Cincinnati creates more chances and allows fewer chances than us. Cincinnati also averages under 49% possession so I expect they will let us have as much of the ball as we want.

Given that we are on the road and missing several key players, any result or even a decent showing will be an accomplishment.

Probably the lowest expectation I’ve had for a match, ever. I can’t remember a match when we have had two positions completely depleted. A scoreless draw would be a respectable result.

View attachment 13241

and this seems related...

A little insurance. He was good against FC Motown, too. Not that it means too much at this level right now, but he's someone to keep an eye on.

View attachment 13241

and this seems related...

We're not good at parking the bus, but if we get a result tonight with such a reduced squad it'll be positively heroic

We're not good at parking the bus, but if we get a result tonight with such a reduced squad it'll be positively heroic

with that long list, it SEEMS like we are greatly reduced, but i don't think we are.

malachi jones in at the #9 or santi at false 9 with jones on the left wing.

perea in for parks. jasson in at right back.

i think we're not that bad off. If we keep acosta under control and not let him run the show and I think we have a chance to get 3 points. Just depends on what kind of energy we have. If we play to win the chance is there. If we play scared, it's not happening.

Reactions: KevinJRogers
This seems like a decent situation for Cushing. Given how short-handed we are you can't really pin a loss on Cushing as it's almost expected in this one. A gritty win on the other hand will show that the team is together and ready to fight and could abe seen as a positive for Cushing.

with that long list, it SEEMS like we are greatly reduced, but i don't think we are.

malachi jones in at the #9 or santi at false 9 with jones on the left wing.

perea in for parks. jasson in at right back.

i think we're not that bad off. If we keep acosta under control and not let him run the show and I think we have a chance to get 3 points. Just depends on what kind of energy we have. If we play to win the chance is there. If we play scared, it's not happening.

Santi at the 9.

Ojeda and Fernandez on the wings. Wolf at the 10.

Perea and Sands D-mids.

O-Toole-Risa-Martins-Jasson or Strahinja.

We can still put out a really solid XI without Jones starting and have a chance to win. We're not going to have a bench tonight, but we can put an XI out there.

Santi at the 9.

Ojeda and Fernandez on the wings. Wolf at the 10.

Perea and Sands D-mids.

O-Toole-Risa-Martins-Jasson or Strahinja.

We can still put out a really solid XI without Jones starting and have a chance to win. We're not going to have a bench tonight, but we can put an XI out there.

forgot about ojeda.