Elite Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
New York, NY
Houston Dynamo FC vs. New York City FC
Saturday, March 25 8:30 PM ET
PNC Stadium
Apple TV (MLS Season Pass)

I wonder why they called him up? As I've been spluging all over the net, how far down has Malte fallen that he's not even getting mentions anywhere when it comes to discussing tonight's defensive formations? And now they bring in Turnbull?

I wonder why they called him up? As I've been spluging all over the net, how far down has Malte fallen that he's not even getting mentions anywhere when it comes to discussing tonight's defensive formations? And now they bring in Turnbull?

It's bizarre what's happened there. He was good when he played under Deila, but Cushing just doesn't seem to have any use for him. So strange considering the players getting minutes ahead of him.

It's bizarre what's happened there. He was good when he played under Deila, but Cushing just doesn't seem to have any use for him. So strange considering the players getting minutes ahead of him.
And we paid a $1.4M transfer fee for him. Like, what's going on with him? Loan him out or something.

Reactions: Kjbert

I knew Chanot was away, but I totally forgot that Ilenic is on international duty as well. Add to that, Sands and Morales most likely are both less than 100% and we are clearly lacking depth defensively.
This doesn't explain Malte's surprising obscurity, but it does explain the call up.

I knew Chanot was away, but I totally forgot that Ilenic is on international duty as well. Add to that, Sands and Morales most likely are both less than 100% and we are clearly lacking depth defensively.
This doesn't explain Malte's surprising obscurity, but it does explain the call up.

why are sands and morales less than 100%?

Morales is an ACE bandage ad, and Sands hasn't looked totally match fit yet yet.

i see. thought there was a new injury. morales has had his ankles taped and his knee k-taped since pre-season lol... don't think he'll ever be 100% the way he wants to be.

good thing we don't have to rely on him.

sands ... needs a few more games.

Maybe Malte just can't play on the right.