MLS - May 13 - Red Bulls (Away)

The only time Unkel refereed a Hudson River Derby was the 9 man NYCFC draw at home in 2018.

what I'm tryin to say is if we lose, it's our own fault. it's not some new coach bounce juju at work.

unlucky tv show GIF

Does the game chat just say "private conversation" for anyone else. It's been like that for the last games for me.

I wouldn't put Ted Unkel's 2 red card match in the list of most controversial Hudson River Derby matches (all of which have favored Red Bulls). The ranking goes:

1. Throw-In Gate featuring Alan Kelly, Corey Rockweel, and Drew Fiscsher

2. Goal-line Gate featuring Allen Chapman and Jose Carlos Rivero

3. Really? That's a PK? featuring Ismail Elfath and Jorge Gonzalez

Reactions: Shwafta
I wouldn't put Ted Unkel's 2 red card match in the list of most controversial Hudson River Derby matches (all of which have favored Red Bulls). The ranking goes:

I don't like feeding the conspiracy theory stuff, BUT if you remove these controversial items and assume game states remain the same (probably a bad assumption), the all time Hudson River Derby record for NYCFC (excluding USOC) is:

9 wins
8 losses
4 draws
-7 goal differential

Reactions: Shwafta
I don't like feeding the conspiracy theory stuff, BUT if you remove these controversial items and assume game states remain the same (probably a bad assumption), the all time Hudson River Derby record for NYCFC (excluding USOC) is:

9 wins
8 losses
4 draws
-7 goal differential
And if you throw out the outlier of the 7-0, it's an almost even series. So it's taken away US Open Cup matches and away controversy for the Red Bulls to be leading at this point.

Let me guess: the throw in that was signaled as a corner, the ball that didn’t cross the line, and the ridiculously long stoppage time with a questionable PK right at the end. All at RBA. And Ted Unkel is our ref. Buckle up folks.

If you are going to throw out results for some semblance of fair comparison, I think the only reasonable option is to omit year 1. Expansion year vs a veteran club. If you do that, you get to the same slightly winning record SoupInNYC SoupInNYC offered.

9 wins
8 losses
4 draws

By the way, the underlying MLS narrative (Doyle cough cough) is that RBNJ has actually been good by the underlying statistics even though they are in last place. Getting ready to explain why RBNJ wins tomorrow. Ugh.

By the way, the underlying MLS narrative (Doyle cough cough) is that RBNJ has actually been good by the underlying statistics even though they are in last place. Getting ready to explain why RBNJ wins tomorrow. Ugh.
I think he's not wrong tbh. Their defense is very stout and they have some good players (also some bad ones). I think they've been unlucky not to win a couple more games. Plus their new coach seems competent, at least at the USL level.

I still think if we can get two we'll win.

Reactions: canchon and moogoo