• Win

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Loss

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's going to be sooooo great reading on Instagram all the NYCFC players with their photos from the match about "going back the grind" "will do better" etc. etc. etc. all week

We were defending so deep, you knew Columbus would f*** us

Columbus' goals had an xG of 5.3% and 7.4%

xG: NYCFC 1.1 Columbus 0.5 Yeah...

Finished 80% of a bottle of wine. It's not going to be a good night

It's going to be sooooo great reading on Instagram all the NYCFC players with their photos from the match about "going back the grind" "will do better" etc. etc. etc. all week

We were defending so deep, you knew Columbus would f*** us

i mean tbf this is the same for almost every player everywhere, win/lose/draw

Reactions: Kjbert
stats can only tell you part of the picture. the eye test tells you the rest.

our front line just isn't good enough and our creativity through the middle of the field is severely lacking in speed and creativity. take away our wingback attacks and we don't have much left.

defending deep was our biggest killer today and i think this was due to being tired. ronny should have subbed sooner.

Another winnable game given away by sloppy mistakes. Should have 6 points from the last 2 games, not 1. Given that we're getting so many new guys in, it's gonna take them a while to jel together. I anticipate a first-round playoff exit and making a real run at the cup next year.

Another winnable game given away by sloppy mistakes. Should have 6 points from the last 2 games, not 1. Given that we're getting so many new guys in, it's gonna take them a while to jel together. I anticipate a first-round playoff exit and making a real run at the cup next year.

its waaaaay to early to talk about playoffs. After the LAFC game next week there is a three week break where they will have time to heal injuries and train a lot together.

Reactions: Vallos and Kjbert
its waaaaay to early to talk about playoffs. After the LAFC game next week there is a three week break where they will have time to heal injuries and train a lot together.

how many people will we be missing during that time? Callens will be gone as far as we know so far.

also

if we play like this vs LAFC we are going to get slaughtered. their midfield is going to run ours ragged.

I was one of the 275 people that seemed to be there, and to my eyes, we have a major problem in the MF with players who are too timid and end up moving the ball side-to-side or backwards. Everyone seemed a second slow today and Maxi was horrendous in his cameo.
Also, from the stands it seemed ridiculous that Santos didn’t get a simulation yellow and get tossed on the play where he ran after the ball after the whistle. Did it look any better on tv?

Deila lost that game.

Quibble about the referee, or Johnson, or missed chances, but watching the team in person it was obvious that they were out of gas at 70:00 - with Gudi suffering the most. Before the first Columbus goal, Gudi had a series of fouls where he stabbed at the ball rather than playing positional defense. If Deila had subbed on Amundsen and Gloster at the same time as Maxi, NYCFC would have had all three points. No one can convince me otherwise.

Also, beyond fatigue, it should have been abundantly clear that Jasson needed to be removed for Gloster after he lost the ball two or three times trying the same move that worked in the first half. Santos drives me crazy with his whining, but he is a veteran MLS midfielder, and he adapted to Jasson after having his lunch stolen in the first part of the game. I will need to rewatch, but I am fairly sure one of the wins Santos had on Jasson led directly to the pass before the first free kick goal. I like Jasson and find him a promising homegrown player, but he has been left to the wolves as a right (wing) back to his detriment the past two weeks.

I accept that the team is shorthanded, but the ONE position we have depth at currently is left back, and Columbus abused the tired left side of the defense repeatedly after the 60th minute.

What. Was. He. Doing.

Deila lost that game.

Quibble about the referee, or Johnson, or missed chances, but watching the team in person it was obvious that they were out of gas at 70:00 - with Gudi suffering the most. Before the first Columbus goal, Gudi had a series of fouls where he stabbed at the ball rather than playing positional defense. If Deila had subbed on Amundsen and Gloster at the same time as Maxi, NYCFC would have had all three points. No one can convince me otherwise.

Also, beyond fatigue, it should have been abundantly clear that Jasson needed to be removed for Gloster after he lost the ball two or three times trying the same move that worked in the first half. Santos drives me crazy with his whining, but he is a veteran MLS midfielder, and he adapted to Jasson after having his lunch stolen in the first part of the game. I will need to rewatch, but I am fairly sure one of the wins Santos had on Jasson led directly to the pass before the first free kick goal. I like Jasson and find him a promising homegrown player, but he has been left to the wolves as a right (wing) back to his detriment the past two weeks.

I accept that the team is shorthanded, but the ONE position we have depth at currently is left back, and Columbus abused the tired left side of the defense repeatedly after the 60th minute.

What. Was. He. Doing.

I was halfway through a post that was very similar to this, so I'll just like and quote your post instead :thumbsup:

I have no problem with Deila trying Jasson at RWB for injured Tinnerholm. LAST game. It didn't work, anyone could see that. Repeating the experiment was a terrible decision.

Reactions: moogoo and Kjbert
how many people will we be missing during that time? Callens will be gone as far as we know so far.

also

if we play like this vs LAFC we are going to get slaughtered. their midfield is going to run ours ragged.

copa America May not even happen with Colombia pulling out and Argentina closing up again due to covid.

Is vela back? Because I saw a couple of the vela less lafc games and they were meh. I’m sure it will be difficult but they really rely on the guy

Reactions: moogoo and Kjbert
This is why the playoffs suck. Our team can be shit for half the season and yet our club expects us to support them and pay money.

Reactions: Rimil
This is why the playoffs suck. Our team can be shit for half the season and yet our club expects us to support them and pay money.

playoffs in general? Pfft tell that to columbus, Portland and I think Seattle’s first title. The years they won they were not doing well and got hot In the end and in playoffs and won.

i think only Atlanta and Toronto wins were expected as they were good teams all season.

From where I sat in the stands I really thought the outside backs hard a horrible night which really is how this team seemed to try to transition from midfield to attack. I think I counted 4 times in 3 minutes Gudi turned over the ball or mishandled it and had it go over the end line. But I do think Parks had a decent game and Cacha had a strong showing. I really enjoyed watching Taty do his thing during the first half, it was very fun. At the 70th minute mark we needed an attacking sub and it showed.

I’ll check highlights tomorrow I’m not gonna stay past midnight for another team.

Don't check it. It would make you hate everything. Just got to sleep.

Soccer is just a game, right? Right? There are more important things in life that sports and games.

• Haha
Reactions: moogoo
From where I sat in the stands I really thought the outside backs hard a horrible night which really is how this team seemed to try to transition from midfield to attack. I think I counted 4 times in 3 minutes Gudi turned over the ball or mishandled it and had it go over the end line. But I do think Parks had a decent game and Cacha had a strong showing. I really enjoyed watching Taty do his thing during the first half, it was very fun. At the 70th minute mark we needed an attacking sub and it showed.

i didn't need to be in the stands to see the same thing. As Brooklyn Blue Brooklyn Blue said above, the team was gassed. I'm sure i said this multiple times in the chat tonight. Parks was moving in slow motion and while it's one of his better games so far this season, he was pretty useless after about 60 minutes. Gudi was worse and used a light tap on the face as an excuse to take a 5 minute breather. gimme a break. we are what.. 5 games in and we don't have players who can go a full 90 without dying? This also probably has a lot to do with our inability to dominate possession against a good team. Sure, we can do it against FCC but against a good team who likes to possess the ball too, we end up conceding possession and sitting deep to our own detriment. Had it not been for monster games from sands, chanot, and ibby and some horrible crosses from CLB wing backs, we would have been buried in goals cause johnson wasn't going to save anything.

Taty worked hard and so did Isi when he was on. Medina was meh tonight. All three were horrendous taking shots. Our xG may have been 1.whatever but come on... we can't even hit a ball cleanly when given the space to take a shot. get it on frame at least?

Biggest problem for me is still fitness and Ronny's jasson at RWB experiment. Gray or even gloster would have been much better and we would have been more defensively sound. It's not like jasson gave us much offensively either and the kid can't stay on his feet! Let him fall over in the attacking third.

Maxi was meh but that's expected. He's out of rhythm.

This team needs to get fit. Ronny needs to stop thinking every player can play any position. Johnson needs to live up to the captain tag and stop looking like a clueless rookie. i mean damn, how many games before Barrazza gets his chance? If not for our mostly solid defense limiting the shots on goal, johnson would look a lot worse than he already does.

Reactions: JCMore
This team needs to get fit. Ronny needs to stop thinking every player can play any position. Johnson needs to live up to the captain tag and stop looking like a clueless rookie. i mean damn, how many games before Barrazza gets his chance? If not for our mostly solid defense limiting the shots on goal, johnson would look a lot worse than he already does.
I hope a good night's sleep has you rethinking this last part, at least. Johnson was a top 5 keeper in MLS for the last 3 years under the exact same measure (G-xG) that he is doing poorly in this year -- in 6 games. I think I started the whole Johnson is not having a good year discussion, but losing his job for conceding 6 goals in 6 games when he probably should have conceded 4 is not right, nor is it going to happen.