MLS - October 17 - Red Bulls (Away)

Oh my god how was that not overturned?

-edit-
AND the fact that the other one was made with VAR to be a red, and then overturned by the committee is absolutely ridiculous
Yeah, I didn't want to comment on the second one since that particular video didn't show a closer view and honestly, from the video, I could see a red being given.

BUT, as you mentioned, it was given via VAR, which is supposed to require a "clear and obvious error". If something like that is being overturned, then I think it's fair to say there wasn't a "clear and obvious error". I would feel better had it been given a red, gone to VAR, not overturned then and there, and now overturned.

Reactions: Shwafta
Yeah, I didn't want to comment on the second one since that particular video didn't show a closer view and honestly, from the video, I could see a red being given.

BUT, as you mentioned, it was given via VAR, which is supposed to require a "clear and obvious error". If something like that is being overturned, then I think it's fair to say there wasn't a "clear and obvious error". I would feel better had it been given a red, gone to VAR, not overturned then and there, and now overturned.
Right. I'm not commenting on if it was actually a red card or not, just the fact that the committee is overriding a VAR call. That's just absolutely ridiculous. The case you said at the end would make me feel better too. This just screams incompetence, and clearly at the highest levels.

Reactions: SoupInNYC
6. NYCFC 28 GP, 40 points, 11 wins, 12+ GD
9. Red Bulls 28 GP, 37 points, 10 wins, 4+ GD

We really need 3 points for this match now...

Reactions: moogoo and canchon
Hey look at that, RBNJ and the Union both play clubs below the playoff line and both win.

All clubs are now at 28 games played (except the Revs and Chicago with 29). NYCFC is 7 points behind Nashville for 2nd and 5 points behind the Union for 3rd. Good luck getting a home playoff game if they even make it in.

Hurry! Hurry!

Step right up and spin the wheel!

See which Pro Referee gets to be the next guy to fuck NYCFC at Red Bull Arena!

giphy.gif
my prediction is penso.
Ted Unkel baby!
Give me Nima Saghafi

It's Jair Marrufo

Now that we know which ref will inevitably make a game-changing call against NYCFC, it’s about time for the DisCo to wake up and suspend Taty for Sunday’s game

Reactions: Marito and JCMore
Callens is starting for Peru in their WCQ (which literally is scheduled outside the int’l window which ended yesterday).

He’s not playing Sunday for us, get ready for “we had to rotate our back line because of int’l break” excuses when NYCFC gives up a cheap goal.

• Angry
Reactions: LionNYC
Callens is starting for Peru in their WCQ (which literally is scheduled outside the int’l window which ended yesterday).

He’s not playing Sunday for us, get ready for “we had to rotate our back line because of int’l break” excuses when NYCFC gives up a cheap goal.

That game after an international break last month came on a Saturday. Not saying you're wrong, but hopefully the extra day means Callens has a chance to play this time.

That game after an international break last month came on a Saturday. Not saying you're wrong, but hopefully the extra day means Callens has a chance to play this time.

During the USMNT game on Wed the announcers mentioned that there was literally a private plane waiting to take all the European-based players back to Europe (Frankfurt) the night the game ended, paid for by USSF and the players clubs.

Somehow I doubt that NYCFC and the Peruvian FA are doing the same for Callens.

During the USMNT game on Wed the announcers mentioned that there was literally a private plane waiting to take all the European-based players back to Europe (Frankfurt) the night the game ended, paid for by USSF and the players clubs.

There are a bunch of MLS'ers there, including Callens/Gallese, and a few others. I wonder if they will do it.

I think the concern was playing 180 minutes in 48 hours moreso than travel. And I actually thought they were trying to fly charters if they could for international duty during the pandemic. At least I thought I heard that all the guys in south america would be able to get to a certain flight together back into the US, at the very least.

This game is on ESPN2 and not on ESPN+? Does anybody know? I was counting on ESPN+ and my VPN

This game is on ESPN2 and not on ESPN+? Does anybody know? I was counting on ESPN+ and my VPN
I believe if it’s on ESPN you won’t need a VPN because it’s a national broadcast. You would need to just login to espn+ and it should be there

Reactions: NYCFC_Dan
I believe if it’s on ESPN you won’t need a VPN because it’s a national broadcast. You would need to just login to espn+ and it should be there
I could be wrong here but since it’s on ESPN you have to use the ESPN feed, not ESPN+ so you’d need your provider login. I don’t think they show nationally televised games on ESPN+.

I could be wrong here but since it’s on ESPN you have to use the ESPN feed, not ESPN+ so you’d need your provider login. I don’t think they show nationally televised games on ESPN+.

Yeah, that's my concern. Then again, they've been doing unexpected things like with the USMNT away games, which were not supposed to be on + but were.

Reactions: JCMore
Yeah, that's my concern. Then again, they've been doing unexpected things like with the USMNT away games, which were not supposed to be on + but were.
The USMNT games were the basis of my logic so you know as much as I do

I think usmnt was an exception. More than likely you will need a provider sign in to watch on ESPN+. That's how they usually handle games on espn.

I haven't seen anywhere about Taty being suspended for this match...unless DisCo is having an 11th hour meeting

Reactions: canchon
I haven't seen anywhere about Taty being suspended for this match...unless DisCo is having an 11th hour meeting
Are we in the clear?

Notice of Suspension
As of October 15, 2021
Daniel Pereira (ATX) - Suspended: Yellow Card Accumulation
  • Suspended for Oct. 16 vs. MIN
Edgar Castllo (CIN) - Suspended: Yellow Card Accumulation
  • Suspended for Oct. 16 vs. ORL
Daniel Wilson (COL) - Suspended: Red Card - DOGSO
  • Suspended for Oct. 16 vs. RSL
Yeimar Andrade (SEA) - Suspended: Yellow Card Accumulation
  • Suspended for Oct. 16 vs. HOU
Eric Remedi (SJ) - Suspended: Yellow Card Accumulation