Jan 2, 2015
New York, NY
Red Bulls vs. New York City FC
Sunday, October 17 1 PM ET
Red Bull Arena
ESPN

Hurry! Hurry!

Step right up and spin the wheel!

See which Pro Referee gets to be the next guy to fuck NYCFC at Red Bull Arena!

giphy.gif

Once again CONMEBOL is playing games two days after the international window ends, this time on Thursday October 15. Our game is Sunday, not Saturday, so maybe Callens can be back and available, depending on how much he plays in Peru's 3 games. Other Confederations playing 3 games manage to wrap up on Wednesday at the latest. CONMEBOL's games are on pay-per-view and I suspect they just want a TV night to themselves.

Once again CONMEBOL is playing games two days after the international window ends, this time on Thursday October 15. Our game is Sunday, not Saturday, so maybe Callens can be back and available, depending on how much he plays in Peru's 3 games. Other Confederations playing 3 games manage to wrap up on Wednesday at the latest. CONMEBOL's games are on pay-per-view and I suspect they just want a TV night to themselves.

book it, Callens plays Thursday and is not available for the RBNJ game. Ronny preparing his “we have to rotate because of international break” excuse.

I wonder if it has to do with giving their stars an extra day for rest/travel. A lot of the CONMEBOL stars play over in Europe's major leagues, such as Messi, Neymar, Suarez, Cavani, James, Agüero, etc. A lot of travel to do, so an extra day would be welcome if I were a player. Does the schedule start the same day as UEFA/CONCACAF/etc or is that also shifted back one or two days? Definitely screws over the club teams, but I'm sure FIFA would prefer one of their most successful regions to have stars battling at their best for qualification to the WC and such.

Could just be an extra money grab as you say though.

book it, Callens plays Thursday and is not available for the RBNJ game. Ronny preparing his “we have to rotate because of international break” excuse.
And Taty out because of a DisCo suspension. Don’t even bother watching this game either.

Reactions: canchon
I wonder if it has to do with giving their stars an extra day for rest/travel. A lot of the CONMEBOL stars play over in Europe's major leagues, such as Messi, Neymar, Suarez, Cavani, James, Agüero, etc. A lot of travel to do, so an extra day would be welcome if I were a player. Does the schedule start the same day as UEFA/CONCACAF/etc or is that also shifted back one or two days? Definitely screws over the club teams, but I'm sure FIFA would prefer one of their most successful regions to have stars battling at their best for qualification to the WC and such.

Could just be an extra money grab as you say though.
Fair point (bastard). They do start a day later on Thursday this week, which could be for added rest or again for TV. Thing is, they play the middle games on Sunday like almost everyone else -- so they could play Game 3 on Wednesday. As I expect you know, Europe has just 2 games per team this window, in a very compressed schedule. Thursday/Friday then Monday/Tuesday

Last edited:
Reactions: Schwallacus
Next Thursday 8 pm sounds about right.
Nah, more like Saturday night. And, in fairness, it was definitely a red card worthy offense. His foot hits Willis's upper thigh and was absolutely nowhere near the ball. Surprised (not surprised) that VAR didn't tell the ref to go to the monitor.

Nah, more like Saturday night. And, in fairness, it was definitely a red card worthy offense. His foot hits Willis's upper thigh and was absolutely nowhere near the ball. Surprised (not surprised) that VAR didn't tell the ref to go to the monitor.

If VAR doesn't see it, it shouldn't be a DisCo suspension. DisCo should only be for offenses resulting in a multi-game suspension or appealing red cards.

If VAR doesn't see it, it shouldn't be a DisCo suspension. DisCo should only be for offenses resulting in a multi-game suspension or appealing red cards.
So referee mistakes shouldn't be corrected if there is the ability to do so?

Reactions: Shwafta
I mostly agree with the first part, but I think it can be argued that Taty's foul warrants a multi-game suspension. He really wasn't anywhere near the ball. Imagine if someone did that to Johnson; we'd be losing our minds. Plus, he literally just came back from a suspension, so the attention's already there. Just a real bone-headed move on Taty's part.

Still a lot of time before the game, but it seems that Taty may have slipped under the radar of DisCo and gets to play this match

Last edited:
Reactions: LionNYC and moogoo

Still a lot of time before the game, but it seems that Taty may have slipped under the radar of DisCo and gets the play this match
Note that the announced overturned red card effect a game this weekend. So maybe DisCo is just holding out for a “Surprise! You’re suspended!”

• Sad
Reactions: JCMore

Still a lot of time before the game, but it seems that Taty may have slipped under the radar of DisCo and gets to play this match
That red given to Esteves was a massive joke.