MLS - October 17 - Red Bulls (Away)

Orlando playing a team currently below the playoff line on the road…they won.

Atlanta playing a team currently below the playoff line on the road…they won.

NYCFC now in 8th place. Better win tomorrow or it’s going to get really ugly.

at Red Bulls, at Atlanta, vs DC, vs CHI, at MIA, vs PHI -- six games left. No excuses. Have to win at least four of these games.

Three of the games are six-pointers against teams they're battling with for a playoff spot, two of the games are against teams who are or will be eliminated at the time of the game, and the last game is against Philly at home.

At least four wins is a must. It starts now. This is a must-win.

welp we are officially below the playoff line, don't see us really coming together for a final push. this season has been awful, starting with those many games where we played well and far too many times failed to turn those performances into points, the highs of when we actually played well and won games in convincing fashion where we all thought we were going to put it together and challenge New England (lol). and then ever since the gold cup just nose diving and potentially (probably) crashing out of the playoffs. At least we don;t have to see us crash out the first game of the playoffs. Fuck this sucks, we had;t been held scoreless for half of the season and now we can;t seem to score at all. this suuuucks at least make it dynamic and show we have a plan and not this nothingball that we have seen the past like 10 games

Last edited:
I think we can say that this team officially stinks.
I don’t care how much talent may be on the roster, as a team they are bad. Forget xG’s blah blah blah… This is a true collapse.
I feel bad for the players cause this must feel awful. It’s insanity.
Maybe the whole organization needs a shake up cause the last two and a half months has been absolute shite.

Well this team has brought me towards the level of apathy I have towards the Jets. I didn't watch today, because honestly I've lost my enthusiasm for this team.

Who does CFG have on payroll that can step right in and try to salvage something for this season? Ronny should be dismissed by midnight tonight.

Either way, im going to spend my energy elsewhere. I'll check back in with y'all next season if we've made some positive organizational changes. It's also possible that this club is doing exactly what the Revs did to me, drive me away with a terrible game day product. The Revs kept me around due to successful teams. Once they were no longer good, it wasn't worth my time anymore.

There is plenty of other soccer to watch. Maybe I'm just not destined to follow MLS.

Well this team has brought me towards the level of apathy I have towards the Jets. I didn't watch today, because honestly I've lost my enthusiasm for this team.

Who does CFG have on payroll that can step right in and try to salvage something for this season? Ronny should be dismissed by midnight tonight.

Either way, im going to spend my energy elsewhere. I'll check back in with y'all next season if we've made some positive organizational changes. It's also possible that this club is doing exactly what the Revs did to me, drive me away with a terrible game day product. The Revs kept me around due to successful teams. Once they were no longer good, it wasn't worth my time anymore.

There is plenty of other soccer to watch. Maybe I'm just not destined to follow MLS.

cushing coached a championship women's man city team. he'd be our stand in if ronny is sacked.

RONNY OUT.

I've been at every home game (including all of the RBA games) and traveled to Nashville this year. I'll be at the three remaining games at YS.

I'm at the point now where I hope we don't make the playoffs, just so there is some impetus to get this joke of a manager out and refresh this squad. Every single player, with the possible exception of Taty, has regressed. There's so much attacking talent here, and we haven't scored in four matches. We have a bad habit of falling asleep and giving up multiple goals throughout the season. It's not acceptable.

Make the change, David. NOW.

What the hell has happened to this team? Like, what has happened? This is unbelievable. NYCFC is so much better than this. Where did they go? It's so bizarre. We know this team is better than this; we've seen it. But where is it? 419 minute scoreless streak. With this roster, how is that even possible?

Medina early on when he just let the ball hit his foot 3 feet from goal. 0 shots for the first 30 minutes of the 2nd half. Playing with your season on the line, and that's the effort you give. I just don't get it.

What the hell has happened to this team? Like, what has happened? This is unbelievable. NYCFC is so much better than this. Where did they go? It's so bizarre. We know this team is better than this; we've seen it. But where is it? 419 minute scoreless streak. With this roster, how is that even possible?

Medina early on when he just let the ball hit his foot 3 feet from goal. 0 shots for the first 30 minutes of the 2nd half. Playing with your season on the line, and that's the effort you give. I just don't get it.
The only way to know if this TEAM is any good is if they can win games. No points for being unlucky, no points for generating more chances.
The only real marker is wins against losses and draws. This team is bad.
I think not firing Ronny right now would mean that the front office doesn’t give a hoot and are okay drifting further into irrelevance. Even with a slim chance of getting into the playoffs, you shake it up now and see what kind of roll comes up. When a team is talked about as maybe being the best in the league and then nosedives right out of playoff contention WHILE PLAYING THE WORST TEAMS IN MLS you have to make a change. Seriously. How could you not? The fire fired their coach after a win fer chreis sake.

What the hell has happened to this team? Like, what has happened? This is unbelievable. NYCFC is so much better than this. Where did they go?
There's reason to think our little engine that could no longer can:

The team played great through July, but underperformed in results. Since August it became apparent that the quality of play has gone downhill, and Maxi is a substantial part of that. As Egan noted in his next tweet, an injury to Santi made it hard to rotate Maxi as much as he should have been. I think we would have been better off going a game here and there without either if we had to. But Maxi just had 2 weeks off and still added little and the team did nothing.

Regardless of whether we get a new coach, the biggest replacement decision this coming off-season will be replacing Maxi.

Last edited: