MLS - September 14 - Dallas (RBA) [Relocated]

I found the language in the latest email to be interesting. They said it was subject to being moved, but didn’t say for sure or where. Makes me wonder if they are trying to find a more convenient venue than Red Bull Arena. Not sure where that would be, though, as the Mets are at home.
Given the likely attendance at RBA, they'd be better off filling Belson with $10 tickets.

I found the language in the latest email to be interesting. They said it was subject to being moved, but didn’t say for sure or where. Makes me wonder if they are trying to find a more convenient venue than Red Bull Arena. Not sure where that would be, though, as the Mets are at home.

anyone check to see if Hartford is open on that date?

Reactions: Kjbert
At this point just set up a couple of cones in Central Park and play the game... ‍♂
I always wondered if the city would let someone play a match in a temporary field in Central Park. Would be a breathtaking place for a World Cup match

Reactions: Schwallacus
I always wondered if the city would let someone play a match in a temporary field in Central Park. Would be a breathtaking place for a World Cup match
Crowds gathered around the endlines and sidelines, just like how football used to be!

Reactions: Kjbert

thing is dont think there is a big enough space in Central park though (trees, boulders, lakes, roads). The "great lawn" may be only area big enough but its full of baseball fields so we back to where we started.

Reactions: Gotham Gator
I used 2 vouchers for this game. So far I have no emails and the tickets are in my NYCFC account, but I have no illusions that won't change.

Not sure how the club will handle. Auto switch to new date and location? Cancel the tix and reissue vouchers? Also there are no other games for me to use voucher in. I already have tix to 9/25 Red Bulls, no interest in going to RBA, and likely to be out of town for 11/7 decision day.

thing is dont think there is a big enough space in Central park though (trees, boulders, lakes, roads). The "great lawn" may be only area big enough but its full of baseball fields so we back to where we started.
The sheep meadow could fit a regulation soccer field + bleachers, easy.

Reactions: moogoo
The sheep meadow could fit a regulation soccer field + bleachers, easy.

i havent been to sheep meadow in years but arent some areas more elevated than others.Its not flat from what i recall.

This game is officially moved to RBA now. If you spent money to upgrade tickets, it will be reapplied to your account. if you traded in this game, then nothing changes.

This kind of feels like NYCFC wanted to change the date and MLS refused to let them. (Also, the only date they could have moved it to would have been November 3rd or so, which is Game 7 of the World Series -- and while it's not likely to be an issue, it could have created the same issue then)

We know this venue change is far from ideal and have done everything we can to try to find an alternative date at Yankee Stadium. Ultimately, rescheduling at Yankee Stadium was not possible and the Club is disappointed to have to change plans, especially for our City Members.

As a partial plan voucher holder, my tickets to this game were withdrawn from my account, and I had 2 vouchers restored. But I received no email on the topic yet.

As previously mentioned, this likely means I will have 2 vouchers left over and might be willing to just give them away. I need a bit of time to reconsider all options but stay tuned.

This is kinda disappointing because I really want to go see Pepi play. I'll have to think long and hard if i want to go now.

Going to be straight up rolling in tokens and ticket bank money in the spring