MLS - September 14 - Dallas (RBA) [Relocated]

I'd prefer Thiago over there I think. Medina on the left isn't very good.

Talles Magno's best trait so far has seemed to be his holdup play, so I think him at striker makes a ton of sense. The other option IMO would be Medina up there. Magno's off ball movement isn't great, but Medina's is decent.

I think it would just depend on what Ronny wants, Magno's holdup play to feed runners off him, or Medina moving around to open up space for others. I could go either way I think.
Who is better at pressure D? I assume Medina.

Reactions: SoupInNYC
Taty’s pressing and hold up play is extremely important to the team’s attacking momentum, so try to replace that like for like as much as possible. I think this means Talles plays the 9 with a 10 min cameo from air bear at the end.

2 points definitely dropped.

defensive lapses did us in tonight. let's hope we can get that fixed soon.

Talles - great game. got his first goal. he looks fantastic at the #9 and possibly could work well with taty or heber as a double striker? great to see him get some significant minutes and see him perform so well.

Zalelem - looked pretty good with his final 10 mins. he had good vision and made some nice passes. wouldn't mind seeing him more in the future as a parks backup.

heber - back on the field and looked dynamic and hungry. his runs were great and almost created chances for himself. we really missed that guy up top!

thiago - tough break.

gudi - 2 assists. definitely superior to amundsen. neither of them can defend very well 1v1 though. but i'd take gudi over malte any day.

i think we would have a lot less problems if we defended better in our final third. we let crosses come into the box way too easily and it just shouldn't happen. there's no excuse for us to be 5 yards off a player with the ball. it's just lazy defending.

overall - thought we played pretty good soccer tonight. the defensive lapses really overshadow that though.

Reactions: Marito
1. Was that a red? I didn't see the play.
2. What the hell was up with our defense? Three awful defensive errors and three goals. None of the back four + defensive subs were good. At all.
3. Johnson was very good today, shame the defense let him down multiple times.
4. Magno up front was amazing. So strong, like Taty. I'd ever venture to say he could be a 1-1 replacement in the future!
5. Heber 20210914_211714.jpg
6. Empty stadium means empty morale. You could feel it in the players. Literally belson or whatever it's called was better than this shit.
7. With that, we are now three behind Orlando tied on games played. I think we stay here or slip, not gain. Of we keep playing like this, even though we have really easy games. And the three RB games are approaching.... Oh god.

Someone please give me confidence. Not the "well our xG is..." type of confidence though, because as much as that's nice, we are now 1 point in three games. 4 in 5. Not good enough, at all.

Reactions: Schwallacus
While this game feels more like a loss than a tie, I think the attack was a big positive on the night. Having talles, Maxi, and Jesus score is really good for all of their confidence. With Taty coming back next game having all those players playing with a goal of confidence should be really good. I’d be really interested to see a 2 striker system with Magno and Taty. Although maybe they would just trip over each other being that they would play a very similar role.

literally what the hell happened to our solid defense? It was like the wheels fell off tonight. Very frustrating.

Reactions: mgarbowski
The guy who scored two goals tonight was literally crapped on by Dallas fans because he is so bad. It’s one thing for Pepi to go supernova and score 2 but NYCFC let literally what might be the worst player on their team score 2 goals.

this team is fatally flawed. If this is NE or Seattle or one of the top teams this game is a 3-1 win.

I don’t know what was worse: our terrible defensive lapses or Joe Dickerson giving a red card that took that long to review on video review.

Luckily, all can atone for their sins on Thursday

I don’t know what was worse: our terrible defensive lapses or Joe Dickerson giving a red card that took that long to review on video review.

Luckily, all can atone for their sins on Thursday

what's on thursday?

1. Was that a red? I didn't see the play.
2. What the hell was up with our defense? Three awful defensive errors and three goals. None of the back four + defensive subs were good. At all.
3. Johnson was very good today, shame the defense let him down multiple times.
4. Magno up front was amazing. So strong, like Taty. I'd ever venture to say he could be a 1-1 replacement in the future!
5. Heber View attachment 11425
6. Empty stadium means empty morale. You could feel it in the players. Literally belson or whatever it's called was better than this shit.
7. With that, we are now three behind Orlando tied on games played. I think we stay here or slip, not gain. Of we keep playing like this, even though we have really easy games. And the three RB games are approaching.... Oh god.

Someone please give me confidence. Not the "well our xG is..." type of confidence though, because as much as that's nice, we are now 1 point in three games. 4 in 5. Not good enough, at all.
I’ve been throwing my crap on the forum quite a bit and I’m going to say nothing that encouraging or confidence building… This team is good but- it still does not have the instinct to close out games. There is a lot of talent and heart and I love this team but it has not acquired the X Factor or whatever you want to call it. The ReVs have it, the Sounders have it, Nashville probably has it… you find a way to win games. This team is finding ways to not win games. You can analyze numbers all you want but what makes sport great is that Championship Teams very often do something you cannot glean from stats. Special things happen for some incalculable reason. It’s a vibe.
NYCFC still does not have that.
If they had it, Tinnerholm doesn’t squib that ball that leads to a goal. Or if he does, the team responds and does everything to secure walking of the field with 3 points. We are still in many ways that 2019 team where balls are headed directly to the opponent inside the 16 for easy goals or shoveled into the net with the outside of the foot by the keeper on a back pass for an own goal. At this point I’m wondering if an exorcism needs to be performed.

Reactions: canchon