MLS - September 18 - Cincinnati (Away)

I was so genuinely pleased to have seen the evolution of Taty from "guy who flops embarrassingly badly" in his first season to "guy who can buy a legit game-winning PK from a defender". Given how his striker game has gone Super Saiyan this season (cold finishing streak aside), I agree with Doyle:

I thought Cincy was the better team with the exception of losing it at the end. The tackle on Maxi was Horrendous.
We were lucky tonight. Cincy were unlucky.
I will say Props to Keaton and also… Taty getting close to MVP candidate.

Do you really? I mean really? This is FCC we're talking about. From the 5th to the 60th minute there was only 1 team in the field. Cincy had barely crossed midfield, IMHO. The Barreal offside goal was the first time they put us in any danger after their opening goal, and it only happened because we had been so high on the pitch for so long we were open for a counter. It was a shame we let them back and ended up time wasting, and yes, they had some clear chances in the last 30 but so did we. They will never ever outplay us. Besides Acosta and Brenner they have nothing.

Do you really? I mean really? This is FCC we're talking about. From the 5th to the 60th minute there was only 1 team in the field. Cincy had barely crossed midfield, IMHO. The Barreal offside goal was the first time they put us in any danger after their opening goal, and it only happened because we had been so high on the pitch for so long we were open for a counter. It was a shame we let them back and ended up time wasting, and yes, they had some clear chances in the last 30 but so did we. They will never ever outplay us. Besides Acosta and Brenner they have nothing.

I sort of agree with vernon. I thought we were getting outplayed for good portions of the game. We had some control over the game at times, but there was also a good portion where it was just frantic both ways.

The thing is, as you said, this is FCC. Should the game really have been that hard fought? It was an ugly game and there will always be ugly games and I am proud of the team for coming back from behind on the road and getting the 3 points. That shows great character, but we didn't play anything like we are capable of.

EDIT:

Just watching the press conf today and the way ronny talks about jasson drawing fouls with a smirk on his face.. HILARIOUS.

also, sad that gloster got injured on his first start. that's gotta suck. he had a pretty decent game considering he played out of position, his first ever start, and from the sound of it, last minute notice.

Last edited:
Hey, That’s the way it felt to me.
I figured there would be pushback.
I was more afraid of a number of chances FCC
had and felt we were very lucky to dodge at least 3 bullets.
When the score was 1-1, I think the shot count was FCC 1 - NYCFC 10? Final stats were 9-13.
Seems like FCC did okay after the 37’ in creating chances and relates to how I felt about who had more dangerous opportunity.
I guess we just disagree cause you think the only danger was the off disallowed (off side) goal and I clearly do not.
Tomato tomatoe.
Yeah, it’s FCC we are talking about but NYCFC is lucky to walk away from a match against FCC with 3 points by the skin of their teeth.

Reactions: Marito
We did win that one by a razor’s edge. We needed an amazing, inch perfect header by Parks and a fortunate penalty to win, and even that would have been different had Barreal been 3 inches closer to his own goal on that second half counter.

Yes, we were controlling play, but they were happy to give that to us.

I was rather negative coming out of this one, so I am glad Mark pointed out how tough they’ve been at home.

We did win that one by a razor’s edge. We needed an amazing, inch perfect header by Parks and a fortunate penalty to win, and even that would have been different had Barreal been 3 inches closer to his own goal on that second half counter.

Yes, we were controlling play, but they were happy to give that to us.

I was rather negative coming out of this one, so I am glad Mark pointed out how tough they’ve been at home.

incredible how Cincy plays that tough at home but is kind of a punching bag on the road. But then again this is MLS.

I'm absolutely baffled at how salty, ignorant, and angry the FCC fans were, particularly online. I admit that I got a bit heated in the Reddit match thread, but they were just delusional. They think Unkel was hard on them! They should have been down to 10 in the 10' when Maxi got a studs-up tackle to the knee. After that, they were actually trying to say that Cameron didn't touch Taty and that Jasson flopped around. Absolutely unreal.

On a side note, r/MLS hates us so much it's actually kind of funny. Idk what we did to piss off the entire league's fanbases, but there's so much salt out there. Think I'll stay away from there from now on.

I'm absolutely baffled at how salty, ignorant, and angry the FCC fans were, particularly online. I admit that I got a bit heated in the Reddit match thread, but they were just delusional. They think Unkel was hard on them! They should have been down to 10 in the 10' when Maxi got a studs-up tackle to the knee. After that, they were actually trying to say that Cameron didn't touch Taty and that Jasson flopped around. Absolutely unreal.

On a side note, r/MLS hates us so much it's actually kind of funny. Idk what we did to piss off the entire league's fanbases, but there's so much salt out there. Think I'll stay away from there from now on.

Where you been? Nycfc is notoriously hated in mls Reddit. When it’s something good like community outreach and stuff no one really replies just other Nycfc fans.

Nycfc has been hated the day it was announced back in 2013.

1. We play in a baseball stadium.
2. We're owned and operated for sports washing purposes by an oil state.
3. Most people still think the nazis fans issue is large in number and ongoing.