MLS - September 21 - Miami (Home - YS)

tough game from the boys. we were the better team overall but it was a game of few chances and we didn't capitalize on the ones we had. wolf scores, santi scores, and it's 3-1. but 1-1 is a fair result, imo.

we controlled alba and messi was not as influential as he usually is. hoping this game is a turning point for the rest of the season and into the playoffs.

HRD will be tough w/o santi and who knows if Risa will be back to play with Tanis also suspended. a HRD win would be fantastic.

Reactions: Vallos and Gene
The noise of your can hitting the floor might have been the noise that distracted a Miami player enough for Sands to crash the net like that. Thank you for your service.
I wouldn’t want to take anything away from our home grown. He did that on his own no matter how hard I slammed (lightly tossed) that can in frustration!!!

Ok. You are committed to that going forward.
Anything for the distinguished gentleman of the forums!

The funniest thing of all time is the fact that the tying goal came from a corner. After the whole set piece discussion last time.

Reactions: FootyLovin
So I missed this game because I was in Michigan watching them beat USC but 2 rows in front of me was an obnoxious USC fan who for some reason was wearing a teal and pink Miami F1 Grand Prix shirt and it’s like the universe was determined that I be annoyed in a very specific way no matter what I did or where I was.
Great finishes to both games.

So I missed this game because I was in Michigan watching them beat USC but 2 rows in front of me was an obnoxious USC fan who for some reason was wearing a teal and pink Miami F1 Grand Prix shirt and it’s like the universe was determined that I be annoyed in a very specific way no matter what I did or where I was.
Great finishes to both games.
I caught the 4th quarter and I don’t know how you survived listening to that USC fight song every 30 seconds. I’d lose it for a full 4 quarters in person.

Where did Sands find those hops? The guy jumped out of the building for that header. Maybe he can build on this and be our new target on corners, instead of Martins and Risa.

Thought the crowd today was incredible. Loud and passionate. When Messi fans tried starting to chant for him, NYCFC fans booed and started their own chants. Even on the non-supporters side, we were clapping along to the chants and songs. Really felt like an atmosphere from the early seasons.

Also was impressed by the security staff. My seats are in the third row on the corner flag, I was a little worried about fans crowding and creating issues. They were very strict about keeping fans from being in the aisles or coming down to the field. They're usually a little more laid back about it, but I think with the Messi craziness, they were smartly very on top of things and had guards everywhere. I was happily impressed with the Yankee Stadium staff today.

Great performance from the team. This game proves that when we're on our day, we can play with anyone. Really hoping this propels us forward into these final four games. The defensive performance was sublime. To hold Messi and Suarez down like that is incredible. I know we're all looking for wins at this point of the season, but this was a damn good tie. Really proud of the way the boys buckled down and got the job done, and how they fought at the end.