MLS - September 21 - Miami (Home - YS)

Pleased with the draw, pleased for Sands - but belatedly noting that Nick -has- to subsitute sooner on a hot day against an older team. Miami may have still scored, but it was clear that certain players were dragging at 60 minutes and he waited until the 81st minute for the first set of changes.

Why?

Pleased with the draw, pleased for Sands - but belatedly noting that Nick -has- to subsitute sooner on a hot day against an older team. Miami may have still scored, but it was clear that certain players were dragging at 60 minutes and he waited until the 81st minute for the first set of changes.

Why?
I thought O'Toole especially looked gassed the last 20 or so.

Reactions: Vallos

Why?
I believe your answer lies in many other pages of the forum. Our Starters aren’t always good enough, so our subs are surely not enough to compete in meaningful ways against Alba, Suarez, and Messi.

I believe your answer lies in many other pages of the forum. Our Starters aren’t always good enough, so our subs are surely not enough to compete in meaningful ways against Alba, Suarez, and Messi.

I agree with most of our players, but I think it's legitimate to question why it took him so long to put McFarlane on. I know he is young but he's proven himself more than capable at every opportunity. I don't understand why Cushing is still overly cautious with him. We played Wolf and Gray out of position for the first half of the season when OT was out to avoid playing McFarlane. Then when MacFalane was forced into action Cushing completely tilted our formation because he said he wanted to give him extra defensive support in his debut. At this point, he's shown himself to be at least equal and possibly better than OT, it's time to take the kid gloves off.

It's not specifically related to McFarlane but, I remember watching a Miami Leagues Cup game last year and one of the commentators saying the coach had to decide which players wouldn't be star-struck by playing with Messi. Who knows if it's a real thing or just commentator nonsense but I could see the team trying to sort out which players could handle the Messi moment and by far the biggest crowd of the year and which of the young guys weren't ready.