MLS - September 21 - Miami (Home - YS)

Where did Sands find those hops? The guy jumped out of the building for that header. Maybe he can build on this and be our new target on corners, instead of Martins and Risa.

ha i even commented in the chat i missed when we had actual aerial threats. maybe sands will be that guy if he can work on it. i'm all for it! parks usually gets to a bunch of headers at the near post, but this time it was all sands.

unfortunately, the reason sands usually isn't in the box challenging for a corner is he's the one usually left back to defend the counter while the CBs are in the box. perhaps we should get sands in there instead of risa? honestly don't know who is the strongest header of those guys... no one really stands out in my mind.

One of my pet issues is who on the team is playing for a tie and who is playing for a win. After the goal most of the team went to the corner to celebrate. Bakrar was the player who immediately grabbed the ball out of the net to bring it back to the midline.

Bakrar has done this before as well. We need more players to step into leadership thinking. Sands, Santi, Maxi, Martins, at home on a tying goal they should all be barking at the team to get back to position to go for the win. Kudos to Bakrar.

This guy has been more endearing in a week than all other reps of team ownership have been for a decade.

I’m curious to know why he left inter Miami ownership and now why he bought into NYCFC. Hopefully this is a guy who loves football and is a much more involved partner than the Yankees. (And yes, we know the Yankees are still around with 10% ownership).

With NYC being only 10 years old, anyone old enough to write or podcast for MLS could not have grown up rooting for NYCFC. So any NYC fan who complains about the RB presence is basically complaining about NY/Eastern/Media bias, which NYers traditionally roll their eyes at.

Last edited:
its funny how that bus taunting video has gone viral. im more surprised at some of the reaction to it. like people really dont expect anyone to boo or flip off the team bus. im sure messi in his career has gotten this reaction in europe in his barca days or the NT and probably a much worse reaction, so im surprised people dont expect it.

Last edited:
Well he was the one who informed the league of the violations
Did he buy in to be a mole for the Man City violations?

That's satire above, but honestly, I'd wonder selling an equity stake to someone who rats on their ownership group and operations.

Did he buy in to be a mole for the Man City violations?

That's satire above, but honestly, I'd wonder selling an equity stake to someone who rats on their ownership group and operations.
Well he has been a part owner of Girona and Club Bolivar, so he's been very familiar with CFG long before this purchase