MLS - September 22 - Red Bulls (Away) [Rescheduled]

Elfath has a howler of a game and what does the DisCo do? Fine NYCFC players for not leaving the field fast enough after those red cards! MLS never fails to amaze in its tone deafness.

Elfath has a howler of a game and what does the DisCo do? Fine NYCFC players for not leaving the field fast enough after those red cards! MLS never fails to amaze in its tone deafness.

To be fair, I think those rules are pretty cut-and-dry and those fines are extremely commonplace for red cards.

Honestly Fuck PRO. You hear Elfath saying it's too close to the body and no time to react. Then the VAR gets in his ear. The hand moves to the ball? If his hand moved away from the ball it would have been in a more unnatural position.

And of course they don't talk about the Keaton Parks red card because Elfath didn't go to the monitor.

Honestly Fuck PRO. You hear Elfath saying it's too close to the body and no time to react. Then the VAR gets in his ear. The hand moves to the ball? If his hand moved away from the ball it would have been in a more unnatural position.

And of course they don't talk about the Keaton Parks red card because Elfath didn't go to the monitor.
I’m no bio mechanical expert but my initial thought was that if a ball is fired into the upper part of your arm, the natural involuntary reaction would probably be that the arm below the elbow propels upwards. It can’t hinge backwards and most likely not stay stationary. Any body mechanic experts have a thought?

That's fucking bullshit. There are a couple of pieces of guidance that it violates. First, IFAB says a movement to bring your arm inward should not be considered a movement of hand toward the ball. Second, the decision on whether the hand is moving toward the ball needs to be made based on full speed, and not slow motion, which can make things seem more intentional than they really are.

Bad job by PRO.

That's fucking bullshit. There are a couple of pieces of guidance that it violates. First, IFAB says a movement to bring your arm inward should not be considered a movement of hand toward the ball. Second, the decision on whether the hand is moving toward the ball needs to be made based on full speed, and not slow motion, which can make things seem more intentional than they really are.

Bad job by PRO.
They really didn't discuss the ball hitting Chanot's chest first at all.
Exactly, another PRO screw job. This is nearly as bad as the Medina goal vs. Toronto whistle blowing too early. If the playoffs are decided by the margin they are looking now...the referees honestly could have been the deciding factor on why we miss the playoffs (yes, I know we're playing terribly but let me have my narrative)

They really didn't discuss the ball hitting Chanot's chest first at all.
I think one reason why their analysis was so one sided is that they most closely reviewed the angle from behind the goal, which puts everything in the worst possible light, including not being able to see the ball deflect off Chanot's chest.

Reactions: SoupInNYC
Exactly, another PRO screw job. This is nearly as bad as the Medina goal vs. Toronto whistle blowing too early. If the playoffs are decided by the margin they are looking now...the referees honestly could have been the deciding factor on why we miss the playoffs (yes, I know we're playing terribly but let me have my narrative)

yep. Four clear points lost (two vs Tor and two vs RBNJ) where the ref decision directly changed the result. (You could question the TOR game given there was about 20 minutes left but that would have put NYCFC up by two goals and Toronto only scored one goal the rest of the game).

this will probably be the reason NYCFC either misses hosting a game or misses the playoffs entirely.

RBNJ has a match at home this weekend against inter Miami that literally is so decimated by injuries/absences that they will need to call up “extreme hardship” replacements just to field 18 players. Expect a RBNJ win.

if this happens, it puts RBNJ within 3 points of NYCFC with the possibility to tie NYCFC with a win in the Oct 17th game. And people still think we’re making the playoffs.

• Sad
Reactions: LionNYC
RBNJ has a match at home this weekend against inter Miami that literally is so decimated by injuries/absences that they will need to call up “extreme hardship” replacements just to field 18 players. Expect a RBNJ win.

if this happens, it puts RBNJ within 3 points of NYCFC with the possibility to tie NYCFC with a win in the Oct 17th game. And people still think we’re making the playoffs.
We're still making the playoffs.

Reactions: mgarbowski