MLS - September 29 - Chicago (Away)

MLS really doesn't want us to have a home playoff game this year.

At least we scored 3 last time Taty was out. Hope Magno can step up and get another goal from the 9 spot.

Reactions: LionNYC and moogoo
hey LionNYC LionNYC you probably know this, does a team have to initiate the red card review or is it automatic by the DisCo?

We know that Ronny/NYCFC had to ask for a review to rescind the Parks red card but Ronny/NYCFC didn’t ask for it, so there was no review.

is it the same going the other way? Did RBNJ have to ask for a review to give Taty a red card or did the league review it automatically?

Yes, a team need to appeal a red card (has 2 appeals during a season). MLS DisCo doesn't automatically review red cards but only gives suspensions without notices.

I went and watched the video of the foul on the MLS site. Taty got ball on the foul but then went studs up into the leg of the defender on the follow through. A red seems harsh, but it has to be a unanimous decision to award the suspension, so what do I know.

Reactions: SoupInNYC
I went and watched the video of the foul on the MLS site. Taty got ball on the foul but then went studs up into the leg of the defender on the follow through. A red seems harsh, but it has to be a unanimous decision to award the suspension, so what do I know.

I think the suspension is fair here.

The issue I have with it is we've seen several other challenges just the same on some of our players without this same suspension. The studs to Maxi's knee against Cincy is one (though the contact wasn't as much as Taty's). I can think of challenges to Maxi's knee and Tajouri-Shradi's shin at RBA (the exact games are escaping me at the moment) with full on studs contact with nothing happening.

i'm ok with talles getting the start at the #9. he's got the hold up play and physicality to play there. just needs to improve his runs and pressing IQ. I think looking ahead, he's more of a #9 than a winger anyway.
His progressive passing could use improvement as well. Which is better for him at the 9, since most of his passing will be slightly back or wide coming from his holdup play rather than as a winger finding the overlapping fullback, finding the 9, or any other runs Maxi or someone else may make forward.

Reactions: JCMore and moogoo

The issue I have with it is we've seen several other challenges just the same on some of our players without this same suspension. The studs to Maxi's knee against Cincy is one (though the contact wasn't as much as Taty's). I can think of challenges to Maxi's knee and Tajouri-Shradi's shin at RBA (the exact games are escaping me at the moment) with full on studs contact with nothing happening.

The sunny-side-up argument here would be that since Taty has pretty much played every single minute of every single game thus far, it isn´t bad for his long-term fitness to miss a game now, and have more in the tank for the playoffs.

Exactly. Consistency is all we want.

Maybe our players (and social media team) should milk the tackles against us more

Maybe our players (and social media team) should milk the tackles against us more

I 100% believe RB social media making a big deal about this tackle led to the red card review.

also - what’s the record for most red cards given out in an MLS season? We’re at 7 now and that probably doesn’t include Taty’s. Next leading team has 4.

I 100% believe RB social media making a big deal about this tackle led to the red card review.

also - what’s the record for most red cards given out in an MLS season? We’re at 7 now and that probably doesn’t include Taty’s. Next leading team has 4.

Orlando 2015 had 10. That's the most in a season since NYCFC came into the league.

get the feeling amundsen gets the start tonight. really down on that kid. after a decent first few games, he's really gone down hill very rapidly. i'd love for him to improve and get back in form. he's young after all... but I dunno. I don't really see the potential?

Also thinking Ronny sticks with medina tonight despite a couple poor performances. Hope isi does get the start and light things up. he was extremely well contained vs RBNJ .. so much so, rumor is he went to get himself a snack and just didn't come back after halftime.

• Wow
Reactions: JCMore
Nothing to say. Bounce back against Nashville. I bought a ticket to that game, I'm thinking I might not go anymore.

Reactions: moogoo
It feels like a problem that the closer we get to the playoffs the worse the team plays, I dunno. Kinda maybe the opposite of how MLS is supposed to work. Seems bad.

Horrendous. There's just no leadership, no grit, absolutely no mental fortitude at all. While Ronny definitely bears the lion's share of blame, where the hell are the vets?? Where's SJ, Chanot, Callens, Tinnerholm, Maxi, ITS, Heber even? Who's giving the Ray Lewis speech in the locker room telling the guys to get off their asses and play like the talented professionals they are? I feel like that was Ring in years past, and we don't have that any more.

I don't care what the advanced analytics guys say, there's a good chance we miss playoffs entirely. We've been playing like ass the past 2 months and it's getting worse. I hope I'm wrong, but Nashville's gonna rinse us at RBA.

I really hate it when people say “so and so is trash.” It’s disrespectful and usually not accurate.

Tonight we were trash.

Can’t blame the ref.
Can’t blame injuries.
Can’t blame unjustified reds.
Can’t blame fixture congestion.
Can’t blame international call ups.
Can’t blame the field surface.
Can’t blame the weather.

Outworked, outthought, outplayed. by an inferior roster. It’s now a pattern.