MLS Week 29 - 2017

Again, you've changed the narrative from whether it's legal to whether it's effective.

But because you're waffling on the first, I'll address your second. Evidently you've never played short side soccer that doesn't have offsides. Even in that sort of league, where everybody knows a poacher is possible, offensive players are routinely forgotten about by the defense. To even propose that the scenario is ineffective or unrealistic is just naive ignorance because you're taking a false position that hasn't been tested. I'm saying it's possible per the your interpretation of the rules you said put the responsibility on the defense.

No, I didn't change it. I said all along that it wasn't offside, either what happened or your hypo. After your hypo that I supposed was intended as a counter-factual that proved that it must be against the rules or teams would or should attack that way, I addressed that by pointing out that it would not be advantageous to implement such a strategy.

In nicer words, I was saying that the reason teams don't attack that way is that it would be stupid and ineffective, not that it is against the laws of the game.

Thanks to mgarbowski mgarbowski, I consider this matter closed. I guess you could say you got the forum-equivalent of "poster-ized" (blue-mooned, maybe?). Just like old times.
giphy.gif

Reactions: Christopher Jee
No, I didn't change it. I said all along that it wasn't offside, either what happened or your hypo. After your hypo that I supposed was intended as a counter-factual that proved that it must be against the rules or teams would or should attack that way, I addressed that by pointing out that it would not be advantageous to implement such a strategy.

In nicer words, I was saying that the reason teams don't attack that way is that it would be stupid and ineffective, not that it is against the laws of the game.

Thanks to mgarbowski mgarbowski, I consider this matter closed. I guess you could say you got the forum-equivalent of "poster-ized" (blue-mooned, maybe?). Just like old times.
giphy.gif
That's fair, I guess, and I even liked Mark's post. But since mgarbowski mgarbowski had to carry your water to make an effective argument and close this (you with the glitz of a video and overly wordy prose and he with FIFA diagram), I guess that makes you the forum-equivalent of 2017 "Pirlo" ?

Cheers Midas!

Reactions: adam and mgarbowski
That's fair, I guess, and I even liked Mark's post. But since mgarbowski mgarbowski had to carry your water to make an effective argument and close this (you with the glitz of a video and overly wordy prose and he with FIFA diagram), I guess that makes you the forum-equivalent of 2017 "Pirlo" ?

Cheers Midas!
Faulty logic. I'm the only person who challenged your weird strategy hypo. Pirlo doesn't challenge anything.

But I won't quibble. I'm not the sort of person who gets upset at someone slamming it in at the back post, even if my shot was on frame.

For the record I had no idea what the answer was until I looked it up, and I was enjoying the discussion. But it was also time for an answer.
I especially like it when they start the move in an offside position.

Looks like the "tripleheader" on the Fox networks is a more interesting doubleheader of regional coverage on Big Fox followed by a national game on FS1. Basically, Fox is only broadcasting one NFL game this Sunday and it will put an MLS game on in local markets during whatever time period isn't showing oblong football.

So, markets that don't have an NFL game at 1pm ET will get the 2pm ET MLS game (LA at SKC); then, markets that don't have an NFL game at 4:15 ET will get the 5pm ET MLS game (MTL at ATL).

What's kind of odd is that in both LA and KC, their game is not going to be on the Fox Network. It will show on another local station in LA and on a Fox cable channel in KC.

MLSonFOX-v5.jpg

Reactions: adam and SoupInNYC
Looks like the "tripleheader" on the Fox networks is a more interesting doubleheader of regional coverage on Big Fox followed by a national game on FS1. Basically, Fox is only broadcasting one NFL game this Sunday and it will put an MLS game on in local markets during whatever time period isn't showing oblong football.

So, markets that don't have an NFL game at 1pm ET will get the 2pm ET MLS game (LA at SKC); then, markets that don't have an NFL game at 4:15 ET will get the 5pm ET MLS game (MTL at ATL).

What's kind of odd is that in both LA and KC, their game is not going to be on the Fox Network. It will show on another local station in LA and on a Fox cable channel in KC.

MLSonFOX-v5.jpg

MLSonFOX-v5.jpg
And what about those grey spots in Houston? What do they get? (I know the further southeast portion is the bay, but looking at the map, I can't figure out what the northwest one is.

Spent way too much time checking in on the Philly-Chicago game. But Philly did us a solid and got the 3 points (and they kept Nikolic off the scoresheet). Cushion is 4 points on Chicago.

Doubt it would happen, but how crazy would it be if the Red Bulls missed the playoffs? I know they are playing on short rest, but thought they would come out fired up after losing the Open Cup

Seeing NJ in shambles confirms Curtis was the one pulling the strings and not Marsch. So why the fuck has he not been hired yet?

Reactions: LionNYC
Seeing NJ in shambles confirms Curtis was the one pulling the strings and not Marsch. So why the fuck has he not been hired yet?
Curtis was smarter than Marsch, and he made the personnel moves, but the team's play was all Dax. Lose both Curtis and Dax and their ship is rudderless.

Curtis was smarter than Marsch, and he made the personnel moves, but the team's play was all Dax. Lose both Curtis and Dax and their ship is rudderless.
The rumor is that Curtis wanted to sell Felipe instead of Dax but the higher uppers wanted the extra garber bucks so they fired Curtis and sold Dax.

Well our draw was a disappointment, but could the rest of the games have gone any better?

If you had told me we would draw this game but all the teams we are competing with would drop points, I would have taken that trade.

Hopefully, that trade includes Atlanta failing to win against the snails today.

Well our draw was a disappointment, but could the rest of the games have gone any better?

If you had told me we would draw this game but all the teams we are competing with would drop points, I would have taken that trade.

Hopefully, that trade includes Atlanta failing to win against the snails today.
If Atlanta wins this week was horrible. It makes even the Chicago loss a bad thing, because it makes it rather likely Atlanta will finish at least third (if it doesn’t overtake us for second) and that means our first matchup is against the Five Stripes.

Reactions: Midas Mulligan
Does anyone know what happens with the FOX game we don't get locally? Can we watch it on Fox Sports Go? MLSlive? Simply not available?