Modell's Jersey Debut - 12/5/14 - Discussion Thread

On a different thread we had a link to the live stream they ran of the Q&A session and it really wasn't much of anything.

Judging by a few posts on the teams official FB page it looks as if the event was another clusterf***.
I went down all the way from upstate and frankly I was upset cause it was. They didn't even have jerseys pre customized or a machine there you could buy a plain jersey, and maybe 1 or 2 t shirts. no scarves, hats, etc. disappointing to say the least

Reactions: Kjbert
While I agree a lot of theories can come out of that statement, my guess is that history says not all expansion draft picks will actually play for the team. Maybe he was just rounding down. :shrug:

Reactions: mgarbowski
Lampard makes sense, as he'll still be in Manchester in a week

Wanted to go to this but had to work. For anyone who went, were the players signing autographs? I know this wasn't a formal signing, but I'm assuming some people in store tried to get their graphs

Reactions: USAfan6

I liked Villa's remarks regarding understanding the project and the primary kit. I agree - either you get it - or you don't. Villa strikes me as someone who doesn't have an inferiority complex about our relations to MC and neither do I and I am thankful for them bringing association football to the five boroughs. All the talk about Man City Jr. and Chivas can only bother you if you're small enough to let it. I'm sure we will put together a legit squad and have all we need to contend and probably be the best pro New York team.

In other Modells news, I went to Modells near City Hall and they had not a single NYCFC item. I'm wondering if it is only at select Modells until closer to the season - or if stuff is rolling out slowly.

I liked Villa's remarks regarding understanding the project and the primary kit. I agree - either you get it - or you don't. Villa strikes me as someone who doesn't have an inferiority complex about our relations to MC and neither do I and I am thankful for them bringing association football to the five boroughs. All the talk about Man City Jr. and Chivas can only bother you if you're small enough to let it. I'm sure we will put together a legit squad and have all we need to contend and probably be the best pro New York team.

In other Modells news, I went to Modells near City Hall and they had not a single NYCFC item. I'm wondering if it is only at select Modells until closer to the season - or if stuff is rolling out slowly.

I agree with you 100%. What I found weird was a lot of people being totally okay with the mcfc tie until they released the jersey and everyone went into complete shock. Not that I want to bring that up again and hopefully everyone is finally over it but really? Did you really think it was going to be different.

I also called 3 Modells and only 1 had the jersey's and merch and that was Queens Center Mall. Store in Ozone Park, Queens had nothing, told me to go to Queens Center and stopped in at Pennsylvania Ave in East New York and they didn't even know what I was talking about...maybe only at a "major location". Support local and go for Upper90.