Modell's Sporting Good's Named Retail Partners Of Nycfc.

Didn't think this was worth it's own thread, so I figured putting it here was just as good as anywhere else.......
10363082_367425293430933_7943768845016007971_n.jpg

cool, i got two locations near me, guess I should visit both to see if there are any merchandise already in stock.

Actually Modell's is THE sports good store in the city and most of the Northeast in general. This is a pretty big deal because they are everywhere.

More to the point, the reason for this sponsorship is that it's serving to create the dedicated NYCFC stores in the city. I'm guessing this means that NYCFC won't have their own merchandise store, at least in the short term.

Reactions: Across the Pond
Dick's is more of a newcomer to North Jersey. Modell's has been THE place to grab sports gear for the last 20 years. Doubt this will be an area exclusive deal (pretty sure Dick's had a nationwide MLS deal) but it should make it easier to get NYCFC gear.

pretty sure the only Mo's in orange county is by me in middletown....lots of dicks sporting goods though

pretty sure the only Mo's in orange county is by me in middletown....lots of dicks sporting goods though

Yeah, I think that's the only one in Orange county. There's also one in Poughkeepsie and I'm pretty sure there's one in Kingston.

For those interested, the Modells on 42nd Street near Times Square has the new David Villa player tees (with Etihad sponsor and new MLS logo on the 7) as well as the Inaugural Season logo shirts.

Reactions: Kjbert
Makes sense. They've gotten a ton of Man City stuff at their stores over the summer.