Montreal - Postmatch

An away point shouldn’t be a bad thing, but it has been so long that the team put together a good performance it doesn’t feel good.

I’m just sad how boring Dome has made this team.

I just think they're one-dimensional. Every attack now is "cross it into the box, hope that someone might actually get a head on it." Where did our creativity go?

Reactions: Jock and mgarbowski
Game somewhat sucked but Montreal was a lot of fun. Away trips do cost money and time but I've always had a phenomenal time, non dependent on the results of the game. Maybe I'm weird but even if our team sucked ass I would still look forward to going on one or two away days each season. Hanging out with friends, meeting fellow supporters, exploring cities for the first (or fourth) time, and drinking beers. Sounds like an awesome weekend or handful of days to me.

As for the game, I think we would've looked much better with Ofori in place for Amagat. The game has passed Amagat by, and it shows. Hopefully things start to click. Very bad game for Tinny as well, passing and tackling looked off.

Of note, my body is very happy that I've consumed something other than poutine and beer. I enjoyed it, but the poutine &beer-only life kicked my ass. Never thought I'd look forward to having a salad with lunch, but here I am.

Even the BTS for this game is boring. There is a full 25 seconds of Rodney Wallace drinking from a sippy cup after Castellanos pours it for him. That's a whole scene.
I wasn't able to watch the game on Saturday, but figured it was really boring based on the MLS website highlight video. They had several extended fan shots throughout that really don't need to be in a highlight video.

Reactions: mgarbowski
Yeah the walk up the steps was killer

And what was with the lack of a path to the stadium , seemed weird walking through the tree area to get to the east gate and also the porta potty’s under the stand? They didn’t feel like building permanent bathrooms

Think I am almost ready for some Poutine again

Reactions: Schwallacus
Thinking about a Montreal away trip if there is a good weekend next year.

Sounds like it is worth it - despite the high school stadium. Agree?
Totally agree.

I know where the good croissant shops are. And where the synthesizer shops are. Just ask if you need either one. Heck, I might even know where to go if you need to pick up a telescope.

Miiigghht think twice about an early season winter weekend trip, but apart from that it's a lovely city with disproportionally high cultural output, warm, beautiful people and enthusiastic nightlife.

Eta - and hey, if we end up playing there in the playoffs at some point, they tend to move their games to the completely covered and much more impressive Olympic stadium!

Reactions: adam
Miiigghht think twice about an early season winter weekend trip, but apart from that it's a lovely city with disproportionally high cultural output, warm, beautiful people and enthusiastic nightlife.

Eta - and hey, if we end up playing there in the playoffs at some point, they tend to move their games to the completely covered and much more impressive Olympic stadium!

Wouldn’t mind combining an early trip with a day skiing at Mt. Tremblant though!

Reactions: adam

Agree. Montreal is a great city, and perfect for weekend trips too. You can probably see much of the city walking around/taking the subway one or two stops, as it isn't a city with many things spread all over. I find that to be better, especially when I only have a day or two to explore a new city, less time on transit=more time eating/drinking/walking. It was also my first time up in Canada, and I've got nothing to say but great things about the city. Definitely agree with what Christopher Jee Christopher Jee said. Only thing that caught me by surprise was how windy it was. Makes sense, being that it is right net to a large body of water, but it's got a small similarity to Chicago in wind output. I also think if you brought your family, Dr. Mrs. G and the kids would love hiking up the trails and I think there is a theme park right next to the main city as well.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
Agree. Montreal is a great city, and perfect for weekend trips too. You can probably see much of the city walking around/taking the subway one or two stops, as it isn't a city with many things spread all over. I find that to be better, especially when I only have a day or two to explore a new city, less time on transit=more time eating/drinking/walking. It was also my first time up in Canada, and I've got nothing to say but great things about the city. Definitely agree with what Christopher Jee Christopher Jee said. Only thing that caught me by surprise was how windy it was. Makes sense, being that it is right net to a large body of water, but it's got a small similarity to Chicago in wind output. I also think if you brought your family, Dr. Mrs. G and the kids would love hiking up the trails and I think there is a theme park right next to the main city as well.
Thanks. Montreal is on the family trip list as it is. Dr. Mrs. G is descended from French Canadians, which helps drive the agenda in that regard.