New Jersey (Away) - Postmatch

Oh, it's definitely not because LAFC has a ridiculously good team, or anything.

...Also, for the same thing you have:
NYCFC, Orlando, Minnesota, Cincinatti who has been horrific in their (at least) 1st year onwards.. NYCFC being the only one to make the playoffs and yet still not get too far after that.
MLS expansion model validation? Two out of 6. great numbers.

Don't forget that the league has changed the rules for expansion teams considerably between NYCFC/Orlando and ATL/LAFC with the later teams entering on more favorable terms. One could argue they made things a bit too favorable for ATL/LAFC based on how quickly both were able to rise to the top of the tables. Then again LAFC and Atlanta have both spent and spent wisely so the credit resides with them for maxing out their resources. Cincinnati and Minn have both shown that you can completely bungle the execution even when given the same favorable terms.

Alan Kelly lied. NYCFC were fucked. PRO is still silent.

This is a quote from Howard Webb, likely as a human being, not as the Head of PRO.
Howard Webb is probably embarrassed by his organization’s policies on commenting/taking responsibility, and more embarrassed by the glaring level of talent in the ranks.

Was Alan Kelly suspended? No. He was on VAR last night and has an assignment for the weekend. Joke.
For a game altering mistake, the guy should be suspended for multiple matches.

Reactions: moogoo
Head GM of PRO says such things, whether as PRO's official response or as an "off the record" quote, and if there is no suspension or punishment/accountability for Kelly et al., just shows that PRO and Webb are all talk, no substance. Can't make an admission like that and do nothing. Have some integrity.

PRO is definitely the biggest thing holding MLS back. Not the salary caps and such, definitely PRO.

Leave it to a lawyer to ignore the portion in italics.
And on that point I considered including them under a PPG standard. But besides being more work, it would not have measured what I wanted to measure, which was how good has NYCFC been in regular season excluding that first crappy year against everyone else in the same time period. It was a cherry-picked time period, not for the usual purpose of generating a certain result, but to find out the result in that particular time period. It's also a time period that's meaningless to everyone except Orlando maybe, except they didn't even have such a change between the first and second year so maybe not even them.

And on that point I considered including them under a PPG standard. But besides being more work, it would not have measured what I wanted to measure, which was how good has NYCFC been in regular season excluding that first crappy year against everyone else in the same time period. It was a cherry-picked time period, not for the usual purpose of generating a certain result, but to find out the result in that particular time period. It's also a time period that's meaningless to everyone except Orlando maybe, except they didn't even have such a change between the first and second year so maybe not even them.
Wouldn't have made sense to use a PPG for them. One of the things you are measuring is consistency over 3.5 seasons, and they've been around for 2.5 and 1.5, respectively.

Reactions: mgarbowski
As he should be. It's as Dome put it.. Kelly and Rockwell were "not brave".

Wonder if the NJRB fans will continue calling us whiners or if they'll accept that the ref royally screwed us and it wasn't a fair derby.. who am i kidding? of course they'll continue calling us whiners..

lol. that will never happen. i'd be happy if kelly is simply suspended from the rest of his MLS games for the rest of the season without pay.

oh yea

what are the odds on whether the "experts" at MLSsoccer who blamed our lack of defensive awareness as the reason we got scored upon and said the whole scenario was fair, will report on what Webb said and admit they, themselves were wrong for criticizing the players?

I would also like to know why the AR removed his mic when the whole discussion with Kelly was going on.
Are those used for anything other than communication among the refs working the game? Are the transmissions recorded and used for evaluation? Even if they are, their main purpose is to facilitate coms between the refs and if 2 are talking face to face I can see how you might remove it as a distraction.

Are those used for anything other than communication among the refs working the game? Are the transmissions recorded and used for evaluation? Even if they are, their main purpose is to facilitate coms between the refs and if 2 are talking face to face I can see how you might remove it as a distraction.
That is very plausible, but I don't know the answer to the question. Would be a good question for someone to ask.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
I know if you watch the "inside MLS Pro" videos, they use the mics to show what happened behind the scenes- so I'm pretty sure it's also to know what the refs are doing for evaluations.