New Swag

I understand the frustration but I have a feeling they only made maybe half a dozen of each item beforehand just as a test, and probably for both teams so they'd be ready. But I don't think they would have started manufacturing until the winner was determined. And that was on a Saturday, so might not have actually started until that Monday morning. That was only 12 days ago. Figure two days to make the item maybe, then they have to be boxed and shipped from whatever country they're being made in, probably by boat, then individually packed, addressed, and shipped from the warehouse here in the US. All these things take time.
And worldwide supply chain issues. The star thing is a fiasco; the delays are just how things are right now.

I wish my 2021 MLS Champs hoodie wasn’t shipping January 7th smh.

Ordered right after the match 3-7 business days. January 7th would be 19 business days, what a joke Fanatics and the MLS Store is.
My 2021 champions jersey shipping date just moved from Dec 24 to Jan 21 yesterday.

Just to pile on I was going to complain about the four champions hats that arrived yesterday and the misplaced blue logo on each but my kids haven’t taken them off (my littlest literally hasn’t taken it off as he slept in it) so I can’t complain!

it's a shame the mistakes on these merch items don't raise the value of them like they would on coins or collector cards. lol.

Reactions: 413Blue
My MLS Cup Champions jacket just arrived. Not quite as warm as I was thinking but with layers or in early spring will be perfect. Was expecting it to have a star but that may only have been because of all the jersey talk lately. Insulated on the thin side, raglan sleeves made out of some sort of knit fabric, pretty happy with it. Comes in grey/silver as well. Sorry, looked it up and it’s “steel.” Said on the web site that it would not arrive until after Christmas, sometime in the new year, so was a bit of a surprise to get it today!

View attachment 11770

ETA: Here's a link to the page on the store
Well, in a shocking new twist to the story I just got an email from the MLS Store/Fanatics saying the jacket I just wore today for the first time is expected to arrive on Jan 21. Further reports as events warrant.

Screen Shot 2021-12-26 at 4.15.46 PM.png

So many fans on Twitter who ordered the championship jerseys getting all kinds of messed up star placements. Absolutely terrible job from the team to not have any quality control on stuff like that.

So many fans on Twitter who ordered the championship jerseys getting all kinds of messed up star placements. Absolutely terrible job from the team to not have any quality control on stuff like that.

This is not the team. This is fanatics. The team has no control over that. In fact, I'm sure they're just as outraged as you are -- especially over the fact that fanatics sold out of those specialty jerseys within hours of the game ending and despite huge demand are apparently not making more, even to correct the mistakes. Team is losing out on potentially lots of revenue, because a lot of fans who wanted those jerseys cant get them, and the fans that did get them are overwhelmingly going to be asking for refunds.

My shipment has now been delayed as well. I’m hoping they’ve pushed it back to correct the star issues.

I’ve received at least four emails about shipping dates going forward and back on the championship kit. I just hope it’s right.

Reactions: Mkdaman1818
I ordered the championship kit from adidas.com but it did not have the sleeve patch. Double checked the pictures on the adidas website. No patch. Maybe that's why it was $10 cheaper than from fanatics. At least the star was placed correctly.

Did anyone else buy from adidas and can confirm this?

Reactions: Amon
Mine came is messed up too. Fanatics. Not sure what to do as there’s no replacement. Maybe just file it away and see what commemorative kit they release in 2022. Maybe it’s a good story in a few years.

View attachment 11764View attachment 11765

UPDATE: I sent it back. It was going to peeve me. I'll wait till authentic kits with the star are more readily available.

Reactions: moogoo
I'll wait till authentic kits with the star are more readily available.
Yeah, I think I'm just going to wait until they're at the Adidas store, or Upper 90. Or maybe at Yankee Stadium.

UPDATE: I sent it back. It was going to peeve me. I'll wait till authentic kits with the star are more readily available.
They gave out refunds today. Could’ve had a free jersey. With an error like that could’ve been worth something down the line.

I received an email today from fanatics saying the championship jersey had shipped. An hour later I received an email saying “sorry there was a problem with your order, we have refunded it.”

so no chance of getting a correct jersey. Wtf.

I ordered the championship kit from adidas.com but it did not have the sleeve patch. Double checked the pictures on the adidas website. No patch. Maybe that's why it was $10 cheaper than from fanatics. At least the star was placed correctly.

Did anyone else buy from adidas and can confirm this?
I can confirm adidas no longer sells authentic jerseys with the patches on them. Started doing that since 2019/20 I believe. Patches are a $10 add on now.

I received an email today from fanatics saying the championship jersey had shipped. An hour later I received an email saying “sorry there was a problem with your order, we have refunded it.”

so no chance of getting a correct jersey. Wtf.
It shipped? Is there a tracking number? If so then you might be getting a free jersey even if there is an issue with it you’ll get the jersey and refund.

so i was going to ship back the jersey to them today ( they gave me the return label) but now i got the refund....so i guess i get a free jersey? albeit an error jersey.