New York Based Agent Say Xavi To Nyc Is A Done Deal

The difference is one still has the legs to give you 100%, run all over the field and help out defensively and the other couldn't if he wanted to, will start moaning because he's used to a higher standard of play and now that he's less mobile, he'll get hacked because MLS. It's more of a headache catering to a players deficiencies instead of slotting a player that fits into our system especially when said player will only be around for 2 years and whose decline will only get worse. If we spend 15 mil on two players, I expect them to start and finish every game.
The difference is one still has the legs to give you 100%, run all over the field and help out defensively and the other couldn't if he wanted to, will start moaning because he's used to a higher standard of play and now that he's less mobile, he'll get hacked because MLS. It's more of a headache catering to a players deficiencies instead of slotting a player that fits into our system especially when said player will only be around for 2 years and whose decline will only get worse. If we spend 15 mil on two players, I expect them to start and finish every game.

What are you talking about? We don't even have a system yet. How do you know he wouldn't fit into a system here?

I have the legs to run all over the field. Maybe they should sign me.

Both.

People forget that 50% of our games will be played on a very narrow, by any metric, field. The dimensions of Yankee stadium may allow us to play Xavi and Lampard together because teams won't be able to pack the midfield against us at home. Then maybe those guys are used one or the other in some away games. They play together at home and half the time on the road.

Having Xavi is still better than not having Xavi.
Hold on. If the field is narrow, and it is, doesn't that mean the clubs CAN pack the midfield against the run of play?

Reactions: Paul
Hold on. If the field is narrow, and it is, doesn't that mean the clubs CAN pack the midfield against the run of play?

I was thinking the opposite. I was thinking from a defensive point of view they couldn't impose their will on us.

And concurrently, having a guy like Xavi who can put the ball anywhere he wants like Vince Vaughn in Wedding Crashers - that only helps when we can't play from wide.

Will be a good signing not only for what he does on the patch but for his experience and influence off the field.

Reactions: Kjbert
With Xavi and Frank , it'll be the walk of play.
Completely serious question Midas: Are you sure you support NYCFC? I mean, have you really explored your thoughts and feelings?

I've been trying to find a positive comment you've made about the club, management, CFG, DP choices, or really anything and I keep coming up short.

Be happy to be proven wrong.

Completely serious question Midas: Are you sure you support NYCFC? I mean, have you really explored your thoughts and feelings?

I've been trying to find a positive comment you've made about the club, management, CFG, DP choices, or really anything and I keep coming up short.

Be happy to be proven wrong.
Not that I owe anyone anyone an explanation, but I have two season ticket packages waiting on me at home and an away kit. And I orgasm for Mix.

So yeah, I'm sure. They are MLS team for now. Whether they become my team is yet to be determined. I think that how most people feel.

Not that I owe anyone anyone an explanation, but I have two season ticket packages waiting on me at home and an away kit. And I orgasm for Mix.

So yeah, I'm sure. They are MLS team for now. Whether they become my team is yet to be determined. I think that how most people feel.
Fair enough.

You obviously don't owe me an explanation or answer but I thought I would ask the question all the same. I am a fairly realistic supporter—and in no way appreciate blind faith or stupid optimism, although I have supported a generally frustrating club since I was old enough to understand what it was I was watching—but you just seem to be very unhappy with nearly every aspect of the club so I wanted to get a better understanding of your perspective.

Everyone has their own style, though, and we're all here to back the team. Maybe I will see you at the stadium next weekend.

Fair enough.

You obviously don't owe me an explanation or answer but I thought I would ask the question all the same. I am a fairly realistic supporter—and in no way appreciate blind faith or stupid optimism, although I have supported a generally frustrating club since I was old enough to understand what it was I was watching—but you just seem to be very unhappy with nearly every aspect of the club so I wanted to get a better understanding of your perspective.

Everyone has their own style, though, and we're all here to back the team. Maybe I will see you at the stadium next weekend.
If you're here, I'm buying you a beer. PM me your email.

If you're here, I'm buying you a beer. PM me your email.
giphy.gif

Reactions: Midas Mulligan
There is another option, however, which would be to play in the United States. New York City declared their interest in signing the Barcelona midfielder last year, although Xavi could not bring himself to leave his beloved 'Azulgranas' at the time. The transfer window has just closed for MLS clubs and, although it will open again in the summer, the New York outfit no longer seem interested in the veteran midfielder.

Wow... next time on AS THE BALL TURNS