New York Based Agent Say Xavi To Nyc Is A Done Deal

To K Kjbert's point, right now no one knows what fits best for the team. They haven't played much. I'm sure Kreis knows what he's doing, and if they did indeed sign Xavi, he already has a plan on how to play Lamp, Mix and Xavi in the midfield.
Yeah I agree. I trust Kreis. Its not that I wouldn't want Xavi here, I'd rather him than Frank. I'm just thinking that the midfield will be too slow without offering enough protection to the defense. I would love to be proven wrong and have the defense click and the midfield dominate teams, but from what I've seen so far thats my guess. I'm also not a coach, so Kreis would know a whole lot better than me.

Last edited by a moderator:
He sat the bench when Yaya was away. My point isnt that if a player doesnt play for man city or barcelona they aren't good enough to play here. Its that a midfield of Xavi, Mix, and Lampard will be extremely over run- regardless of how good they are, still were, or used to be.

He played every game when Yaya was away. You're not basing anything you say on fact. Lampard was replaced in Chelsea by a way better player, just like why he doesn't start for City. They have their creators and goal scorers and need more a defensive minded player to let Nasri and Silva free roam, especially when Yaya plays. How would you know what fits our team? There's nothing to show a 4 man midfield wouldn't work other than you saying so.

Reactions: Kjbert
He played every game when Yaya was away. You're not basing anything you say on fact. Lampard was replaced in Chelsea by a way better player, just like why he doesn't start for City. They have their creators and goal scorers and need more a defensive minded player to let Nasri and Silva free roam, especially when Yaya plays. How would you know what fits our team? There's nothing to show a 4 man midfield wouldn't work other than you saying so.
Everyone is just offering their opinions and thoughts and having fun with it, no need to get worked up.

- HullFeb 7, 2015PremD 1-1Unused Substitute
A - ChelseaJan 31, 2015PremD 1-1Sub-On 76 min00000000
H - MiddlesboroJan 24, 2015FACL 0-2Sub-On 66 min00100000
H - ArsenalJan 18, 2015PremL 0-2Sub-On 62 min

70 minutes while yaya was gone

He also only started 2 games (one he was subbed at half time) the month before Chelsea got Matic, so clearly P PeteDahhSneak uses his own fachts.

I think Frank Lampard has played more than 45 minutes only once this year-against Bayern Munich at home in the UCL when Silva was out and Yaya suspended. If one of those is in the lineup, Lampard either gets subbed @ half or has been the sub.

Everyone is just offering their opinions and thoughts and having fun with it, no need to get worked up.

I'm not worked up, it just doesn't make sense when you offer an opinion without evidence or the thought process behind the opinion, which he hasn't.

He also only started 2 games (one he was subbed at half time) the month before Chelsea got Matic, so clearly P PeteDahhSneak uses his own fachts.

You said he sat the bench when Yaya was gone - I said he played in every game while he was gone. I was not wrong in what I said. Also Lampard was INJURED last January, I clearly do not use my own facts.

You said he sat the bench when Yaya was gone - I said he played in every game while he was gone. I was not wrong in what I said. Also Lampard was INJURED last January, I clearly do not use my own facts.
Not January, December buddy. But this is going nowhere so I'll leave it at that. Have a nice day.

Relax everyone. As much as we may be pissed at Fat Frank, and trust me I am, we still need to learn to love him when he gets here. Let's get back on topic...Xavi. Who would you rather in our midfield? Xavi or Frank? Or both?

Not January, December buddy. But this is going nowhere so I'll leave it at that. Have a nice day.

In December, he started 4 games and was a sub in 4 other games, meanwhile he started only 2 games in January. I was giving you the benefit of the doubt and you got your months switched. You either made an honest mistake or you're trying to twist things in your favor. Either way, you were clearly wrong about his lack of playing time in December. But yea, I'm the one using my own facts.

I'm not worked up, it just doesn't make sense when you offer an opinion without evidence or the thought process behind the opinion, which he hasn't.
His opinion makes sense to me on its face, and even more so if you read some of his other posts throughout this and related threads. It's all good though, just came off to me as as unneccessarily antagonistic. We're just a bunch of guys and gals having fun talking footie.

His opinion makes sense to me on its face, and even more so if you read some of his other posts throughout this and related threads. It's all good though, just came off to me as as unneccessarily antagonistic. We're just a bunch of guys and gals having fun talking footie.
Yeah I just blocked him. Not worth it to get into the same argument over and over about opinions that nobody can prove right or wrong yet.

Relax everyone. As much as we may be pissed at Fat Frank, and trust me I am, we still need to learn to love him when he gets here. Let's get back on topic...Xavi. Who would you rather in our midfield? Xavi or Frank? Or both?

Both.

People forget that 50% of our games will be played on a very narrow, by any metric, field. The dimensions of Yankee stadium may allow us to play Xavi and Lampard together because teams won't be able to pack the midfield against us at home. Then maybe those guys are used one or the other in some away games. They play together at home and half the time on the road.

Having Xavi is still better than not having Xavi.

Again spending 15 mil on salary for players who aren't going to give you full 90s week in and out? That's fucking stupid. If salary cap wasn't an issue and our roster was full of 7 mil players then fine. But come the fuck on.

1) You're not paying the salary, why do you care?
2) Whether we pay Xavi $7 Million or pay your mystery South American prodigy $1 Million, it counts against the cap the same. So what's the difference?

1) You're not paying the salary, why do you care?
2) Whether we pay Xavi $7 Million or pay your mystery South American prodigy $1 Million, it counts against the cap the same. So what's the difference?
The difference is one still has the legs to give you 100%, run all over the field and help out defensively and the other couldn't if he wanted to, will start moaning because he's used to a higher standard of play and now that he's less mobile, he'll get hacked because MLS. It's more of a headache catering to a players deficiencies instead of slotting a player that fits into our system especially when said player will only be around for 2 years and whose decline will only get worse. If we spend 15 mil on two players, I expect them to start and finish every game.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gene