New York City Fc And Yes Network Reach Multi-year Agreement

Putting the conflicting games on time delay is probably the easiest and most likely way NYCFC would go. I agree it would totally suck, but anywhere from 4 (definite) to 6 (possible) games wouldn't be the end of the world.

I'm sure there's more than one way to work things out. For example, if NYCFC really wants to do their leg work they could always buy the time from MY9. I haven't the slightest clue as to what the numbers are nowadays, but at one time it was a common practice.
But 4-6 game would be 10-15% of the season.

I guess it depends on whether or not your the type of guy who views the glass as half full or half empty, because
one could also make the argument that 85-90% of all the games will be seen live without any snags. :D

In retrospect I shouldn't have added 8/29 to the list, because the NYCFC match will be well over before the Yankees-Braves game comes on and without any TV schedules set in stone yet, we should really just sit back to see what pans out with the others.

That 4/11 game vs the Red Sox has a good chance at being moved to a national broadcast and as for the other 4 games, well, I'll worry about them when the time comes. I guess the point I'm trying to hammer out is a worst case scenario has only 4 or 5 games air on delay........yes it sucks, but before I went looking at the schedules I was under the impression people were in a panic it was going to be a lot more.

I guess it depends on whether or not your the type of guy who views the glass as half full or half empty, because
one could also make the argument that 85-90% of all the games will be seen live without any snags. :D

In retrospect I shouldn't have added 8/29 to the list, because the NYCFC match will be well over before the Yankees-Braves game comes on and without any TV schedules set in stone yet, we should really just sit back to see what pans out with the others.

That 4/11 game vs the Red Sox has a good chance at being moved to a national broadcast and as for the other 4 games, well, I'll worry about them when the time comes. I guess the point I'm trying to hammer out is a worst case scenario has only 4 or 5 games air on delay........yes it sucks, but before I went looking at the schedules I was under the impression people were in a panic it was going to be a lot more.
I don't know how, in the internet age, that tape delay broadcast can even be considered. Stream it on youtube and save yourself the trouble of broadcasting it later when no one will watch

Reactions: Kubah
BxLio quoted a funny cm that is in Spangles,

He asked "why not Both"

I said be cause they might not know how lol (Jaja is lol in Spanish)

Sorry, that's my bad. I wasn't looking for a translation, I could tell roughly what was being said. What I meant was to give a gentle reminder not to carry on too much of the conversation in Spanish when we have other users around who can't speak it. The odd comment here or there is fine, but when we get a string of comments then it's best to return to English for the sake of other users.

Sorry, that's my bad. What I meant was to give a gentle reminder not to carry on too much of the conversation in Spanish when we have other users around who can't speak it. I wasn't looking for a translation, I could tell roughly what was being said.
I Know, I translated it as a joke. It's All good

Has anyone considered rain delays? If this spring/summer are a wet one this could be problematic to both the MLS and MLB schedules. It seems as if a lot of these windows are pretty narrow window of getting the fields ready.

More concerned about who will announce the games
056_shep_messing-300x300.jpg

The NYC-Union Game with be on a 1 hour tape delay.

NEW YORK, N.Y. February 24, 2015 -- The YES Network will televise 20 New York City FC matches during their historic inaugural 2015 Major League Soccer season, beginning with the Saturday, March 21st New York City FC-at-Colorado match at 4:00 pm ET.
YES will air a special season-opening pre-game show at 3:30 pm ET on March 21st, before the Colorado match. All New York City FC matches televised by YES will be streamed live via the FOX Sports GO app to authenticated YES viewers whose operators have streaming deals with YES (currently Cablevision and Time Warner Cable).
DateOpponentTime
Saturday, March 21 at Colorado. 4 p.m.
Saturday, March 28. Sporting Kansas City y7 p.m.
Saturday, April 11. at Philadelphia. 5 p.m.#
Thursday, April 16Philadelphia7 p.m.
Saturday, May 23. at Real Salt Lake. 10 p.m.
Saturday, May 30. Houston. 7 p.m.
Saturday, June 6. at Philadelphia 7 p.m.
Saturday, June 13. Montreal. 7 p.m.
Saturday, June 20. at Toronto. 7 p.m.
Saturday, July 4. at Montreal. 8 p.m.
Saturday, July 18. at New England. 7:30 p.m.
Saturday, August 1. Montreal 1 p.m.
Thursday, August 13 DC United 7 p.m.
Saturday, August 19. at Columbus. 7:30 p.m.
Saturday, August 29. Columbus. 4 p.m.
Saturday, September 12. at Dallas. 8:30 p.m.
Wednesday, September 16. Toronto. 7 p.m.
Saturday, September 19. San Jose. 7 p.m.
Saturday, September 26. at Vancouver 10 p.m.
Sunday, October 25. New England. 5 p.m.
*all times ET; schedule subject to change
#Will be shown on tape delay at approximately 5 pm, immediately following YES' Red Sox-Yankees coverage; the actual New York City FC-Philadelphia match will start at 4 pm ET and will be streamed live via the FOX Sports GO app.

Last edited:
That is kick ass! Given the circumstances you couldn't ask for a better tv schedule. As I mentioned a page or two back there were really 4 problematic conflicts and they were worked out well. I wonder if there's any chance that 4/11 Yankees-Boston game will get snapped up by a national network?

Awesome news that there is only 1 game that will be tape delayed. They also gave us an option to watch it via app. Sounds good now lets hope there isn't a work stoppage so we can watch these.

Reactions: Tom in Fairfield CT

The NYC-Union Game with be on a 1 hour tape delay.

NEW YORK, N.Y. February 24, 2015 -- The YES Network will televise 20 New York City FC matches during their historic inaugural 2015 Major League Soccer season, beginning with the Saturday, March 21st New York City FC-at-Colorado match at 4:00 pm ET.
YES will air a special season-opening pre-game show at 3:30 pm ET on March 21st, before the Colorado match. All New York City FC matches televised by YES will be streamed live via the FOX Sports GO app to authenticated YES viewers whose operators have streaming deals with YES (currently Cablevision and Time Warner Cable).
DateOpponentTime
Saturday, March 21 at Colorado. 4 p.m.
Saturday, March 28. Sporting Kansas City y7 p.m.
Saturday, April 11. at Philadelphia. 5 p.m.#
Thursday, April 16Philadelphia7 p.m.
Saturday, May 23. at Real Salt Lake. 10 p.m.
Saturday, May 30. Houston. 7 p.m.
Saturday, June 6. at Philadelphia 7 p.m.
Saturday, June 13. Montreal. 7 p.m.
Saturday, June 20. at Toronto. 7 p.m.
Saturday, July 4. at Montreal. 8 p.m.
Saturday, July 18. at New England. 7:30 p.m.
Saturday, August 1. Montreal 1 p.m.
Thursday, August 13 DC United 7 p.m.
Saturday, August 19. at Columbus. 7:30 p.m.
Saturday, August 29. Columbus. 4 p.m.
Saturday, September 12. at Dallas. 8:30 p.m.
Wednesday, September 16. Toronto. 7 p.m.
Saturday, September 19. San Jose. 7 p.m.
Saturday, September 26. at Vancouver 10 p.m.
Sunday, October 25. New England. 5 p.m.
*all times ET; schedule subject to change
#Will be shown on tape delay at approximately 5 pm, immediately following YES' Red Sox-Yankees coverage; the actual New York City FC-Philadelphia match will start at 4 pm ET and will be streamed live via the FOX Sports GO app.
OK guys, bear with me a moment or two. I very quickly scanned the Yankees and NYCFC schedules (emphasis on "quickly", so don't hold my feet to the fire if I missed one or two) to see how many conflicts will arise concerning YES telecasts this season.

Here's what I came up with:

--Saturday, 4/11: Yankees vs Boston, 1:00 start........NYCFC, 4:00 start. Not too much of a problem with this one and with it being a Saturday there is always the chance the Yankees-Sox could be moved to a national broadcast.

--Saturday, 6/13: Yankees vs Baltimore, 7:15 start.......NYCFC, 7:00 start. Problem.

--Saturday, 6/20: Yankees vs Detroit, 7:15 start.......NYCFC, 7:00 start. Problem.

--Thursday, 8/13: Yankees vs Cleveland, 7:00 start.......NYCFC, 7:00 start. Problem.

--Saturday, 8/29: Yankees vs Atlanta, 7:00 start.......NYCFC, 4:00 start. Shouldn't be any problems here.

--Wednesday, 9/19: Yankees vs Tampa Bay, 7:00 start.......NYCFC, 7:00 start. Problem.

So unless I missed one (don't think I did, but please feel free to double check) there's 4 major conflict the entire season. The 4/11 game may be delayed until the Yankees-Sox game ends (which would suck, but remember that game could always be moved for national viewing) and NYCFC should be well finished on 8/29 so the Yankees could come on at 7:00.
So none of the problems you came up with are problems apparently, must be moving Yankees to another channel?

Reactions: Kjbert and Gene