New York City Fc And Yes Network Reach Multi-year Agreement

Actually just started listening to their podcast today and I really enjoyed it. Would definitely love having JJ as one of our commentators

Reactions: Kjbert
We have enough money to have Darke, or another real professional, to do the job.

We have enough money to have Darke, or another real professional, to do the job.

Did he move to Fox or stay at ESPN? With the YES relationship with Fox, I think it has to be an outsider or a Fox person. Fox owns 80% of YES Network.

Related, but not exactly on topic, I just got an email that my subscription to MLS live was renewing soon, so no Watch ESPN this year. Email text pasted in italics.

MLS LIVE is back for the 2015 season. For your convenience, your account is set to be auto-renewed onTuesday, February 10, 2015 at the special preseason price of $64.99.

MLS LIVE will be the sole out-of-market online streaming service for fans in 2015. ESPN will not offer its own package in 2015.

MLS LIVE is available on your computer, Android phone or tablet, iPhone, iPad, Roku, Apple TV, and Google's Chromecast Media Player. You can watch multiple matches at once using the "multi-game" feature within the web browser version or sign into each of your devices to watch different matches simultaneously.

CANCELING YOUR AUTO-RENEWAL:
To cancel your participation in the auto-renewal program, please contact Customer Service at mlsrenewals@neulion.com.

Thank you again for your subscription and for your support of Major League Soccer,

—MLS LIVE Team

Does anybody know when NYCFC will release their Local TV Schedule and even though YES Network says that all the NYCFC games will be exclusively on YES, their will be a lot of scheduling conflicts on that network because of the Nets and Yankess still playing and my question is this. With YES Network's new broadcast partnership with WPIX, is it possible that some NYCFC could be scheduled to air on WPIX or even their old over the air partner My9 (since Fox own both WWOR and YES) if the Yankees or Nets or both are playing at the same time?

Does anybody know when NYCFC will release their Local TV Schedule and even though YES Network says that all the NYCFC games will be exclusively on YES, their will be a lot of scheduling conflicts on that network because of the Nets and Yankess still playing and my question is this. With YES Network's new broadcast partnership with WPIX, is it possible that some NYCFC could be scheduled to air on WPIX or even their old over the air partner My9 (since Fox own both WWOR and YES) if the Yankees or Nets or both are playing at the same time?

In the past, Yankee games were moved to WPIX or My9. More eyeballs.

OK guys, bear with me a moment or two. I very quickly scanned the Yankees and NYCFC schedules (emphasis on "quickly", so don't hold my feet to the fire if I missed one or two) to see how many conflicts will arise concerning YES telecasts this season.

Here's what I came up with:

--Saturday, 4/11: Yankees vs Boston, 1:00 start........NYCFC, 4:00 start. Not too much of a problem with this one and with it being a Saturday there is always the chance the Yankees-Sox could be moved to a national broadcast.

--Saturday, 6/13: Yankees vs Baltimore, 7:15 start.......NYCFC, 7:00 start. Problem.

--Saturday, 6/20: Yankees vs Detroit, 7:15 start.......NYCFC, 7:00 start. Problem.

--Thursday, 8/13: Yankees vs Cleveland, 7:00 start.......NYCFC, 7:00 start. Problem.

--Saturday, 8/29: Yankees vs Atlanta, 7:00 start.......NYCFC, 4:00 start. Shouldn't be any problems here.

--Wednesday, 9/19: Yankees vs Tampa Bay, 7:00 start.......NYCFC, 7:00 start. Problem.

So unless I missed one (don't think I did, but please feel free to double check) there's 4 major conflict the entire season. The 4/11 game may be delayed until the Yankees-Sox game ends (which would suck, but remember that game could always be moved for national viewing) and NYCFC should be well finished on 8/29 so the Yankees could come on at 7:00.

By problem you mean YES won't be able to broadcast the NYCFC game live because of conflict with yankees game?

Can't some of these games be on other local networks or on national broadcasts?

Reactions: Gene
I just checked the Nets schedule and the only conflict would be on 3/21. However that shouldn't present any problems, because NYCFC is at Colorado (4:00 start) and the Nets are in Indianapolis (7:00 start).

Obviously we'll have to see how any playoff games shake out, but a quick look at the schedule looks favorable. Every NYCFC game from 4/19 through 5/15 is going be be nationally televised. Two possible conflicts could be 5/23 (Saturday, 10:00 start @ RSL) and 5/30 (Saturday, 7:00 start vs Houston). However, aren't NBA games on weekends usually national broadcasts? So even if the Nets get that far, there shouldn't be a problem.

By problem you mean YES won't be able to broadcast the NYCFC game live because of conflict with yankees game?

Yes sir, that's what I meant.

Can't some of these games be on other local networks or on national broadcasts?

Absolutely. At this time I don't believe any of the national broadcasters have released their schedules. Any of those Yankee games could be moved to ESPN, FOX or WPIX.

OK guys, bear with me a moment or two. I very quickly scanned the Yankees and NYCFC schedules (emphasis on "quickly", so don't hold my feet to the fire if I missed one or two) to see how many conflicts will arise concerning YES telecasts this season.

Here's what I came up with:

--Saturday, 4/11: Yankees vs Boston, 1:00 start........NYCFC, 4:00 start. Not too much of a problem with this one and with it being a Saturday there is always the chance the Yankees-Sox could be moved to a national broadcast.

--Saturday, 6/13: Yankees vs Baltimore, 7:15 start.......NYCFC, 7:00 start. Problem.

--Saturday, 6/20: Yankees vs Detroit, 7:15 start.......NYCFC, 7:00 start. Problem.

--Thursday, 8/13: Yankees vs Cleveland, 7:00 start.......NYCFC, 7:00 start. Problem.

--Saturday, 8/29: Yankees vs Atlanta, 7:00 start.......NYCFC, 4:00 start. Shouldn't be any problems here.

--Wednesday, 9/19: Yankees vs Tampa Bay, 7:00 start.......NYCFC, 7:00 start. Problem.

So unless I missed one (don't think I did, but please feel free to double check) there's 4 major conflict the entire season. The 4/11 game may be delayed until the Yankees-Sox game ends (which would suck, but remember that game could always be moved for national viewing) and NYCFC should be well finished on 8/29 so the Yankees could come on at 7:00.
Yankees 2nd channel is now Pix (11) so My9 would most likely get those NYC games.

If you have MLS Live then you could at least get some of the away club coverage of NYCFC if YES opts to not show some of these conflicts.

Yes sir, that's what I meant.

Absolutely. At this time I don't believe any of the national broadcasters have released their schedules. Any of those Yankee games could be moved to ESPN, FOX or WPIX.

Well, here's the thing. WPIX is scheduled only to broadcast 20 yankee games this year...so they can't add addition yankee games to the schedule. Also mind you its a tricky situation because WPIX broadcasts the mets as well. But, I'm sure that NYCFC, Yankees, Mets and even the Nets will figure something out. You may have realized that NYCFC, Yankees and Mets have yet to release the local TV broadcast schedule. And let's be honest, I highly doubt that my9 will broadcast NYCFC game because their rating are so poor and their budget is low. We already know the NYCFC national TV schedule. to me, putting the NYCFC games in tape delay or just in live stream only is no a good move. If the team wants more eyeballs (especially when it conflicts with a yankee or nets game) they have to put the games on over the air TV aka WPIX.

Putting the conflicting games on time delay is probably the easiest and most likely way NYCFC would go. I agree it would totally suck, but anywhere from 4 (definite) to 6 (possible) games wouldn't be the end of the world.

I'm sure there's more than one way to work things out. For example, if NYCFC really wants to do their leg work they could always buy the time from MY9. I haven't the slightest clue as to what the numbers are nowadays, but at one time it was a common practice.

Well, here's the thing. WPIX is scheduled only to broadcast 20 yankee games this year...so they can't add addition yankee games to the schedule. Also mind you its a tricky situation because WPIX broadcasts the mets as well. But, I'm sure that NYCFC, Yankees, Mets and even the Nets will figure something out. You may have realized that NYCFC, Yankees and Mets have yet to release the local TV broadcast schedule. And let's be honest, I highly doubt that my9 will broadcast NYCFC game because their rating are so poor and their budget is low. We already know the NYCFC national TV schedule. to me, putting the NYCFC games in tape delay or just in live stream only is no a good move. If the team wants more eyeballs (especially when it conflicts with a yankee or nets game) they have to put the games on over the air TV aka WPIX.
I see where you are coming form but as an OTA partner PIX is crowded. So I say My9 which already has a relationship with Yes and Fox Sports and would mostly get it.

I see where you are coming form but as an OTA partner PIX is crowded. So I say My9 which already has a relationship with Yes and Fox Sports and would mostly get it.

maybe, but i see it as highly unlikely that my9 will get back into the sports scene anytime soon. now, you are correct that PIX 11 is crowded, but WPIX airs nothing but syndicated programs on Saturday Nights...so i say at least 3 of the saturday night NYCFC games will be on PIX 11 this season. As for the Wednesday night and Thursday night game scheduled...that can go either way. yankees may schedule their two game for PIX11 to air on those nights, while those two weekday NYCFC games that conflict with the yankees games air on YES Network. Nevertheless, this is an interesting situation and the fact that The Yankees, NYCFC and even the Mets haven't release their local broadcast schedule makes me think that WPIX will be involved in the NYCFC local broadcast scheduling. Will wait and see.

Last edited: