New York Cosmos surive & move to Coney Island

So they have three months to sign players, sell tickets and arrange for the venue.

Tall task.
They're losing players by the day. Their best players have already left the team and signed contracts elsewhere. MCU is likely their best bet in terms of a location.

Have to move the outfield fence but it'll sort of fit. I think there might be bleachers out there also. If so those'll have to be moved as well. Not very many good seats though, not unless they put bleachers in the outfield.
MCUPark.png

They've played there previously, no changes were made

View attachment 6314
Well, the right field fence is only 325' from home plate. That's a really short field, even if you add in a couple extra yards for the circle around home plate. Although hey, almost as big as our pitch so hard to complain, ya know?

Reactions: Goodfella
Well, the right field fence is only 325' from home plate. That's a really short field, even if you add in a couple extra yards for the circle around home plate. Although hey, almost as big as our pitch so hard to complain, ya know?

http://www.bigapplesoccer.com/teams/cosmos2.php?article_id=40932

Most importantly, the MCU pitch will be as close to soccer regulation as possible. MCU general manager Steve Cohen said the length of the field will be 120 yards while the width will be at least 70 yards with the possibility of being 75. "It's actually going to be a little bit of a work in progress," Cohen said after a press conference at Pier 5 at Brooklyn Bridge Park promoting the game Tuesday. "It's going to be width wise, low 70. We're trying to get to 75 by that range and the standard length. The width is what we're playing with when we actually put the lines down. Make sure we have room for the corner kicks and all that. It will be low seventies, minimum.

http://www.bigapplesoccer.com/teams/cosmos2.php?article_id=40932

Most importantly, the MCU pitch will be as close to soccer regulation as possible. MCU general manager Steve Cohen said the length of the field will be 120 yards while the width will be at least 70 yards with the possibility of being 75. "It's actually going to be a little bit of a work in progress," Cohen said after a press conference at Pier 5 at Brooklyn Bridge Park promoting the game Tuesday. "It's going to be width wise, low 70. We're trying to get to 75 by that range and the standard length. The width is what we're playing with when we actually put the lines down. Make sure we have room for the corner kicks and all that. It will be low seventies, minimum.
OK, we're dealing with the Cosmos front office here, right? Not gonna happen, although you's are all makin' me work a lot for this. *Our* pitch would fit (barely) but there's no way they can squeeze in 120 yards. Just like the league saying our pitch is 70 yards.
MCU-field-size.png

They're losing players by the day. Their best players have already left the team and signed contracts elsewhere. MCU is likely their best bet in terms of a location.
I think what irritates me the most about this is that I prematurely bought a Kosmos jersey thinking they were dead and buried with the intent of keeping it as a collectors item representing a failed venture. Damn damn damnit...

No, what is going to irritate me more is the sound of the pro/reg borough boy zombies rising from the dead to post on every local website....

I think what irritates me the most about this is that I prematurely bought a Kosmos jersey thinking they were dead and buried with the intent of keeping it as a collectors item representing a failed venture. Damn damn damnit...

No, what is going to irritate me more is the sound of the pro/reg borough boy zombies rising from the dead to post on every local website....
I did the same. :pensive:

I also bought a Messi Barcelona jersey after he "retired" from international competition.

Then he announced his return. :disappointed:

Please don't buy a Saunders jersey after we get rid of him.
What's funny is I bought a $5 Mix hypno tee when everything was on sale and he couldn't get a sniff of the bench, so I figured why not have a memento of his watch before he's shipped out..... seeing a pattern here.....

Maybe I should buy a Mata shirt before the last game this season, that'll ensure we have him for 2018....

Have to move the outfield fence but it'll sort of fit. I think there might be bleachers out there also. If so those'll have to be moved as well. Not very many good seats though, not unless they put bleachers in the outfield.
MCUPark.png

LOL. Not in any danger of that being a problem!!!!

Now, if you don't sell it, it also makes you a fan.