New York Cosmos surive & move to Coney Island

deep down i dont mind the share..as long as its in an accessible location by many ( not Staten Island ) ..they will still play in NASL though....unless they pay that 100 Mil to move up. even then dont have issue. no way you have two stadiums built in this city.

I think the $100mm days have long past. I bet it's at least $200mm if you want to tap into the NYC market as a 3rd team. If the league & NYCFC would even allow that.

Reactions: Goodfella
I think the $100mm days have long past. I bet it's at least $200mm if you want to tap into the NYC market as a 3rd team. If the league & NYCFC would even allow that.

whatever it may be, i dont think it easily happens right away....unless they make a deal to reduce it in place of having a stadium deal sharing with a current MLS team that needs a stadium

whatever it may be, i dont think it easily happens right away....unless they make a deal to reduce it in place of having a stadium deal sharing with a current MLS team that needs a stadium
If the new owner is more reasonable than the former owners, I could see a lobbying effort down the road to join MLS. It's a no-brainer that MLS is the path to marketing & top competition in the US, so being a smart man that he is, he will not want to be forever in a second rate league as the ugly stepchild to two other teams in NYC; he should have ambitions to step up.

Hell, I think NYC could easily have a third team if located in the 4 boroughs with a stadium (I cannot fathom they will ever have enough support as a fringe suburban LI team). I'm not thrilled about sharing a stadium, but wouldn't say no if it helps grease the wheels (as long as NYCFC owns it). And as much as I hate the Kosmos, I'd love playing them 2-3 times a year - that would become the ultimate derby in the league, and from a TV perspective, that plus the RB derby would always be a ratings bonanza (plus the RB/Kosmos derby).... And TV ratings are how the league will ultimately make its windfall $$ - Garber will definitely change his tune if the new owner is approachable.

But the Kosmos will have to survive the NASL for a few years to make that feasible, so surviving Mount Everest...

If the new owner is more reasonable than the former owners, I could see a lobbying effort down the road to join MLS. It's a no-brainer that MLS is the path to marketing & top competition in the US, so being a smart man that he is, he will not want to be forever in a second rate league as the ugly stepchild to two other teams in NYC; he should have ambitions to step up.

Hell, I think NYC could easily have a third team if located in the 4 boroughs with a stadium (I cannot fathom they will ever have enough support as a fringe suburban LI team). I'm not thrilled about sharing a stadium, but wouldn't say no if it helps grease the wheels (as long as NYCFC owns it). And as much as I hate the Kosmos, I'd love playing them 2-3 times a year - that would become the ultimate derby in the league, and from a TV perspective, that plus the RB derby would always be a ratings bonanza (plus the RB/Kosmos derby).... And TV ratings are how the league will ultimately make its windfall $$ - Garber will definitely change his tune if the new owner is approachable.

But the Kosmos will have to survive the NASL for a few years to make that feasible, so surviving Mount Everest...

i dont even think they hate or even dislike each other from what i have seen, if anything they feel united in their dislike against nycfc

i dont even think they hate or even dislike each other from what i have seen, if anything they feel united in their dislike against nycfc
RB fans definitely hate the Kosmos. That's not to say they don't hate NYCFC more, because we're legitimately the one thing they want the most regarding NYC. But if the Kosmos were in MLS *AND* located in the city, the RB fans would eviscerate themselves with the total contempt for a second team being more NY than they are.

Reactions: Goodfella
As far as a stadium I dont mind NYCFC not saying shit.... After dealing with the minor league cosmos and their DELUSIONAL statements about belmont its best to say some thing when YOU HAVE SOME THING CONCRETE TO SAY about the issue... (mind u while the delusional fan base was jacked up about belmont I was the only one saying how could a team drawing 1k per game justify a 20 k stadium...and would never happened.. You can imagine how that went over)

A stadium when it gets built WILL BE ALL OURS AND OURS ONLY if cosmos want to rent and be the second banana playing infront of 3 k while paying what ever rent fees we throw at them..... Then Fine.... but in no way make them equal partners... Oh yeah I said 3 k Cause i am sticking to my guns based on past facts that stadium or no stadium NYC GIVES 2 SHITS ABOUT NASL or USL or minor league ANYTHING.... Top Flight for this city only.... those are facts...

You know maybe this new owner could turn a new leaf for the Cosmos in the New York and American soccer market. Maybe we could be friendly, and maybe even share a stadium. Have a passionate USOC rivalry, but not enemies like the Red Bulls.

That was maybe. Fuck this owner. Fuck this guy. Piece of shit worst rated cable network that has internet speeds slower that AOL dial up and picture quality worse that Soviet-era TV. Go play at Columbia and have more people show up for the softball game next door rather than your still corrupt, idiotic bottom feeder "professional" soccer league.

You know maybe this new owner could turn a new leaf for the Cosmos in the New York and American soccer market. Maybe we could be friendly, and maybe even share a stadium. Have a passionate USOC rivalry, but not enemies like the Red Bulls.

That was maybe. Fuck this owner. Fuck this guy. Piece of shit worst rated cable network that has internet speeds slower that AOL dial up and picture quality worse that Soviet-era TV. Go play at Columbia and have more people show up for the softball game next door rather than your still corrupt, idiotic bottom feeder "professional" soccer league.

I'm at a loss to figure out why his statement is so offensive. Not that I agree with it, but it seems well within the range of standard things you would expect any Cosmos owner to say.

Now if you just hate the Cosmos, fine, hate the Cosmos. But you seem to indicate you were prepared to give him a chance until you saw this, which seems to have both surprised and angered you. Really it would be a surprise if a Cosmos owner didn't say this. Their name and tenuous connection to the brand history is their biggest selling point and the only reason they have the limited number of fans they have. Expecting them not to tout their name is bizarre as it's basically their only asset. So how is it both a shock and offensive that he said it? I'm not even asking for an argument, just an explanation. Because I can't make sense of this reaction at all and there are few things for which I am completely at a loss to at least make up some explanation.

I'm at a loss to figure out why his statement is so offensive. Not that I agree with it, but it seems well within the range of standard things you would expect any Cosmos owner to say.

Now if you just hate the Cosmos, fine, hate the Cosmos. But you seem to indicate you were prepared to give him a chance until you saw this, which seems to have both surprised and angered you. Really it would be a surprise if a Cosmos owner didn't say this. Their name and tenuous connection to the brand history is their biggest selling point and the only reason they have the limited number of fans they have. Expecting them not to tout their name is bizarre as it's basically their only asset. So how is it both a shock and offensive that he said it? I'm not even asking for an argument, just an explanation. Because I can't make sense of this reaction at all and there are few things for which I am completely at a loss to at least make up some explanation.

Our front office doesn't say we have a better brand than the Red Bulls or a Cosmos, they just know we do.

Two months left and still no official announcement and far as I can tell they aren't even selling seasons tickets.

I thought I just saw somewhere they signed a guy from the strikers. How can you be signing players and not have a place to play? Will they only have road games this season?

I thought I just saw somewhere they signed a guy from the strikers. How can you be signing players and not have a place to play? Will they only have road games this season?
Kosmos Wanderers

Reactions: adam
So I guess their home field is set, Cyclones park, forget the corporate name they go by these days.

Didn't they make fun of us for playing in baseball stadium? Hm.

I might actually go to a game now.