New York Cosmos surive & move to Coney Island

as far as the cosmos 3.0...

NEW OWNER SAME PROBLEMS....

new york does not give 2 flying fucks about nasl or usl or minor league any thing...

Right now the cosmos fans are pumped up about staying alive...

I expect a great crowd the first 2 games at mcu.... after that REALITY will set in...then the BURRO BOYS and the 5 points will be crying about how the cold has kept fans away...

by mid summer the know it all 5 points of 5 fans will wonder why there are so many people on the beach, so many people at astro land at dinos wonder wheel why so many people walking the board walk and so many on the cyclone and aquarium YET MCU IS HALF EMPTY ...... thats the very real reality of how things will go.....

Columbia University facilities in Manhattan looking like a possibility for Cosmos 3.0 as well as MCU Park in Brooklyn:

http://www.empireofsoccer.com/cosmo...-columbia-mcu-park-still-a-possibility-56883/

And this ....

“The ideal thing, frankly, would be to discuss if we need team-specific stadiums,” he stated. “We don’t have a stadium to begin with. Wouldn’t it be nice for the different teams in New York to combine and say lets build a stadium to share like in Rome or in England where multiple teams use the same stadium?"

:eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes:

Reactions: Christopher Jee
Columbia University facilities in Manhattan looking like a possibility for Cosmos 3.0 as well as MCU Park in Brooklyn:

http://www.empireofsoccer.com/cosmo...-columbia-mcu-park-still-a-possibility-56883/

And this ....

“The ideal thing, frankly, would be to discuss if we need team-specific stadiums,” he stated. “We don’t have a stadium to begin with. Wouldn’t it be nice for the different teams in New York to combine and say lets build a stadium to share like in Rome or in England where multiple teams use the same stadium?"

giphy.gif

Reactions: adam and Goodfella

Ideal for the Cosmos only.

And this ....

Called it*

*If it ever happens

Reactions: Goodfella and JayH
Real talk though, we haven't seen (which doesn't mean there definitely hasn't been any progress) any progress made on a stadium front. No public officials have been involved, no hearings, no community forums.

Would it be nuts to combine with the Cosmos and go in on splitting a stadium?

The guy owns a company that makes $744 mil a year in profit. Has a HQ in Orange County so he's probably connected to the Governor. Grew up in NYC and still has deep connections to Columbia.

It could be a good sell to communities, more jobs created, more usage out of it.

Real talk though, we haven't seen (which doesn't mean there definitely hasn't been any progress) any progress made on a stadium front. No public officials have been involved, no hearings, no community forums.

Would it be nuts to combine with the Cosmos and go in on splitting a stadium?

The guy owns a company that makes $744 mil a year in profit. Has a HQ in Orange County so he's probably connected to the Governor. Grew up in NYC and still has deep connections to Columbia.

It could be a good sell to communities, more jobs created, more usage out of it.

It's not nuts. But personally, I have a true disdain for their fans and organization. I'd rather share with RBNJ before the cosmos (in NYC of course!). At least they are MLS and it could only increase the rivalry. Not that I'd want that either... We need our own place with lots of events/concerts to take place there to keep it used/busy/profitable all year round. And in NYC, if located by public transportation, that shouldn't be a problem.

Reactions: Goodfella

That's what I see as the biggest benefit. Conversely, the dual use stadium could be most disruptive to a community due to increased number of events

That's what I see as the biggest benefit. Conversely, the dual use stadium could be most disruptive to a community due to increased number of events
Yeah, it's a double edged sword for sure.

But if they were in a mostly commercial district that wouldn't even be a problem.

Either way, I'll leave this madness for the stadium thread.

Reactions: Goodfella
Yeah, it's a double edged sword for sure.

But if they were in a mostly commercial district that wouldn't even be a problem.

Either way, I'll leave this madness for the stadium thread.

Maybe it's a long game plan to trick the community. Start with Cosmos playing for 2 years a Columbia, drawing less than 7K fans a year as they typical do. Locals get accustomed to it and start thinking Soccer isn't very disruptive. Stadium gets approved and the locals are shocked to find 50K people in the neighborhood for NYCFCs first home game.

Maybe it's a long game plan to trick the community. Start with Cosmos playing for 2 years a Columbia, drawing less than 7K fans a year as they typical do. Locals get accustomed to it and start thinking Soccer isn't very disruptive. Stadium gets approved and the locals are shocked to find 50K people in the neighborhood for NYCFCs first home game.
I approve this message.

Reactions: mgarbowski
Would be interesting to see if there is a correlation between the population that is indifferent in sharing a stadium and being a Jet fan.

I'm a Jets fan and that's probably an added reason why I'm opposed. And Giants fans (and the team in general) bother me much less then RBNJ or fcosmos 3.0. But, NYCFC would be the Giants in this situation, since I still consider the meadowlands Giants' territory, even with the new stadium.

deep down i dont mind the share..as long as its in an accessible location by many ( not Staten Island ) ..they will still play in NASL though....unless they pay that 100 Mil to move up. even then dont have issue. no way you have two stadiums built in this city.