No Groupon. No Costco.

roxfontaine

Level Up
Elite Donor
Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Jan 7, 2015
I'm Around
I would be disappointed to see NYCFC tickets on Groupon (and sites like it) or in Costco locations. I'm not sure why I feel that way but I remember seeing RBNY tickets in Costco and saying to myself, "Uhhhh... no." Anybody else feel that way?

Reactions: LostAnvil
I would be disappointed to see NYCFC tickets on Groupon (and sites like it) or in Costco locations. I'm not sure why I feel that way but I remember seeing RBNY tickets in Costco and saying to myself, "Uhhhh... no." Anybody else feel that way?
Or a deli. My deli sells Cosmos tickets. I would object but it is a really good deli.

Reactions: einwindir and Gene
Yes and no.

Yes, because it would mean we could try and fill the top sections of the stadium. Plus, some people who might not have thought about it before, could end up at a game. Sometimes all it takes is one game to make a life long fan of the team and/or sport.

No, because it seems like begging.

Yeah. I think that's my main thing, LA. It's a brand new team, playing in a legendary venue with a ton of money behind it. The machine should work so that people WANT to be in the stadium cheering for NYCFC regardless of the price. (Which isn't outrageous anyway.) Tickets hitting those places says, "We can't fill these seats so please give us a shot."

Yeah. I think that's my main thing, LA. It's a brand new team, playing in a legendary venue with a ton of money behind it. The machine should work so that people WANT to be in the stadium cheering for NYCFC regardless of the price. (Which isn't outrageous anyway.) Tickets hitting those places says, "We can't fill these seats so please give us a shot."

Yeah but we can't fill Yankee stadium except for a select few matches. That's pretty much a given.

Costco sells Nets tickets and every other NY team uses one of the various services to sell unsold seats. It's standard across the country. If Costco sells NYCFC tickets and you keep seeing them there, that is a great sign because it means they're moving. 100% good for the team.

Costco sells Nets tickets and every other NY team uses one of the various services to sell unsold seats. It's standard across the country. If Costco sells NYCFC tickets and you keep seeing them there, that is a great sign because it means they're moving. 100% good for the team.

I would think the opposite. Knowing that they are sold at Costco but NOT seeing them available would tell me they are moving. Seeing them sitting there, like RBNY tickets, would tell me they aren't moving.