No more Expansion Draft...

There will be an expansion draft:
- MLSsoccer.com: Jeff Rueter quoting Manny Lagos (Minnesota technical director) (8/19/16)*
- FiftyFive.one citing Bill McGuire (Minnesota owner) comments alluding to expansion draft (8/20/16)

*Rueter is a MNUFC beat writer and also contributes to FiftyFive.one

There might be an expansion draft, so prepare as if there will be:
- Atlanta Journal-Constitution citing Darren Eales (Atlanta United president) (2/1/16)
- MOTSPod interview with Darren Eales (6/13/2016)

There might not be an expansion draft:
- Yahoo Sports: citing "highly placed league source" (11/17/15)
- Twitter: Kevin Kinkead (Philly beat reporter) (8/22/16)

Are there more definitive statements from Atlanta? It seems like the articles just reflect the positions of the two teams (maybe Atlanta was angling more for the more GAM acquisition route?) I don't see anything sourced to MLS decision-making other than studying the idea of eliminating it

Edit: formatting

Last edited:
hmmm regardless, the fact that there is no definitive answer only a few months away is not something you want....but then again this is the MLS.

Reactions: Kjbert
Let's pay a team(s) to select Saunders and Hernandez. Throw in $50k Garber bucks if they promise to take them.

Let's pay a team(s) to select Saunders and Hernandez. Throw in $50k Garber bucks if they promise to take them.

Forget Garber bucks, let's start a collection. Maybe they'll accept Dan Bucks. I'll transfer all my 11K.

Reactions: Kjbert