NYCFC 2022 Season Expectations Thread

Other than hearing a stadium announcement and winning another MLS Cup (which is, after all, the point) I have just three simple goals:

• Beat Philadelphia
  • Beat Philadelphia
  • Beat Philadelphia

I caught a crap ton of "asterisk" flak over the last few months and the whining, quite frankly, got on my nerves. (Not that I wasn't sympathetic -- I was, very much so.) And beating the Red Bulls goes without saying.

Reactions: ZYanksRule
if the lockout extends in MLB it will be 0 since probably means a bunch of games get moved to RBA.

I've seen this, and I don't think it's right. They may have to move some home games to different dates, but the length of MLB homestands will still be around a week. So there will remain windows.

Also as it stands, we have a ton of home games in April and May, we're heavily frontloaded with home games. So if the lockout extends for a while, it won't be that bad -- I think we have a 6-game homestand early in the season.

I've seen this, and I don't think it's right. They may have to move some home games to different dates, but the length of MLB homestands will still be around a week. So there will remain windows.

Also as it stands, we have a ton of home games in April and May, we're heavily frontloaded with home games. So if the lockout extends for a while, it won't be that bad -- I think we have a 6-game homestand early in the season.

i dont know much on the MLB scheduling, but if the lock out extends i think they still have to move dates around to have 162 game, unless they really will have a shortened season like in 2020.

i dont know much on the MLB scheduling, but if the lock out extends i think they still have to move dates around to have 162 game, unless they really will have a shortened season like in 2020.

If the season doesn't start by probably April 15, they will shorten the season. They're not going long.

Reactions: Schwallacus
East is going to be a beast this year. New England will still be really good. Atlanta and Toronto have added notable DPs and should be much improved. Philly and Nashville still strong.

would be great to see a team in each borough so you could have sort of rio/sao paulo/buenos aires/london type matchday environment and maybe even into city competitions like in brazil. can see on sportsbetting3.com how well the brooklyn nets have been embraced.

Last edited:
would be great to see a team in each borough so you could have sort of rio/sao paulo/buenos aires/london type matchday environment and maybe even into city competitions like in brazil.
Well there used to be the Cosmos, and there'll be QFC next year. Although with MLS Pro Next I'm not sure we'll be playing USL teams anytime soon anymore.

The problem is it's a big country. And it's not just London, Liverpool to Manchester is maybe 10 or 15 miles and you've got four Premier League teams between them, not to mention Bolton, Wigan, Leeds, and Sheffield all within an hour of each other. Manchester to London is about the same as New York to Boston but in that space we have maybe five or six pro teams and they have easily 50 or 60.

Well there used to be the Cosmos, and there'll be QFC next year. Although with MLS Pro Next I'm not sure we'll be playing USL teams anytime soon anymore.

The problem is it's a big country. And it's not just London, Liverpool to Manchester is maybe 10 or 15 miles and you've got four Premier League teams between them, not to mention Bolton, Wigan, Leeds, and Sheffield all within an hour of each other. Manchester to London is about the same as New York to Boston but in that space we have maybe five or six pro teams and they have easily 50 or 60.

not quite 10-15 but yeah there is also LA for that comparison which is also growing.

just that small market teams often get ditched or moved to other small markets which may end up being pointless due to the extra ferver of creating more local rivalries would do for the game.

where it seems to be heading imo

would be great to see a team in each borough so you could have sort of rio/sao paulo/buenos aires/london type matchday environment and maybe even into city competitions like in brazil. can see on sportsbetting3.com how well the brooklyn nets have been embraced.
If we can’t get even one Soccer Stadium in all of NYC, I highly doubt we can get 5 plus Red Bull lol. Let alone one in Manhattan