Nycfc Acquire Cdm Federico Bravo On Loan From Boca Juniors [FINALLY confirmed p13]

Mix will definitely be an impact player for us this year. I honestly wouldn't mind him being our impact sub as I believe he can change the game when he comes off the bench.

PV has plans for him, and I can't wait to see how he'll utilize him this season.

I don't expect huge stats from Mix this year either because he will have to provide so much defensive cover for Lampard and Pirlo but he is going to be somebody we miss tremendously when he is with the USMNT.

Reactions: D_RoyJenkins
That and they take their talking points from Taylor Twellman and Matt Doyle, who apparently didn't actually watch Mix's performances last year, but instead relied on stat sheets.
Matt Doyle is painfully nauseating to read. His analysis is knee-jerk and far too rooted in stats that when taken out of context are completely arbitrary.

Twellman is interesting..... he sometimes makes astute observations, but so often if his play was critiqued using his same parameters he uses when calling games, he never would have gotten a chance on the national team.

Mix is a player that doesn't conform to traditional statistics and excels in ways that cannot be accurately attributed to him - he makes players around him better by releasing them with cheeky passes, and it's not his fault that they sh!t the bed and can't finish thus robbing him of assists. I personally think the MNT play flows smoother with him pulling the trigger than Bradley.

Last edited:
Jason had an issue with Mix and Poku. I don't know exactly what it was, but it didn't make sense to me the way he used them. My personal opinion is that Mix is a starting caliber MLS player...but I wouldn't argue too much against someone saying he isn't. I just think there's a lot of potential there for him under the right circumstances and it would be foolish to give up on him.

Mix will definitely be an impact player for us this year. I honestly wouldn't mind him being our impact sub as I believe he can change the game when he comes off the bench.

PV has plans for him, and I can't wait to see how he'll utilize him this season.
I'm not sure that you can spend that much salary cap room on a guy who is an impact sub.

They really needed (by now) to have shed either Mix or Lampard -- their roles are too similar to justify paying them both, and they haven't yet played well as complimentary pieces.

I think Mix is a useful player, and having a USMNT guy is very valuable. But until someone figures out how to best use his legit technical skill in a way that helps a team win games, we're probably paying him a bit too much -- particularly when we've got guys who bring just as much as he does for cheaper (Poku and often Jacobsen, although I know that second one will be controversial.)

Jason had an issue with Mix and Poku. I don't know exactly what it was, but it didn't make sense to me the way he used them. My personal opinion is that Mix is a starting caliber MLS player...but I wouldn't argue too much against someone saying he isn't. I just think there's a lot of potential there for him under the right circumstances and it would be foolish to give up on him.
Do you have any confirmation of that? Because saying it was a personal issue seems to be total speculation.

I don't think he knew how to best use Mix (and frankly, no one really does), and I think some of the concerns about Poku's physical stamina were legit (even though he should have been used more often.) But saying it was personal seems to be a bit outlandish.

Reactions: Gene
I'm not sure that you can spend that much salary cap room on a guy who is an impact sub.

They really needed (by now) to have shed either Mix or Lampard -- their roles are too similar to justify paying them both, and they haven't yet played well as complimentary pieces.

I think Mix is a useful player, and having a USMNT guy is very valuable. But until someone figures out how to best use his legit technical skill in a way that helps a team win games, we're probably paying him a bit too much -- particularly when we've got guys who bring just as much as he does for cheaper (Poku and often Jacobsen, although I know that second one will be controversial.)

Do you have any confirmation of that? Because saying it was a personal issue seems to be total speculation.

I don't think he knew how to best use Mix (and frankly, no one really does), and I think some of the concerns about Poku's physical stamina were legit (even though he should have been used more often.) But saying it was personal seems to be a bit outlandish.
I think it's worth paying Mix for this year just to make sure we have him for next year when he takes over the Lampard role. Besides, Vieira may have a way to use the both of them at the same time, which would be really good to see. Not all investments pay off but I think investing in Mix, who's still young, is a pretty decent bet.

I think it's worth paying Mix for this year just to make sure we have him for next year when he takes over the Lampard role. Besides, Vieira may have a way to use the both of them at the same time, which would be really good to see. Not all investments pay off but I think investing in Mix, who's still young, is a pretty decent bet.

I'm gonna start this by saying that I like Mix, I want him to do well and be a big part of this club. With that being said, would you rather have Mix playing CAM next year or Poku? Poku is cheaper (at least for now) and seems to have more up side, and I'd personally rather see him there. God I hope Viera can utilize Mix this year though. I want nothing more then for him to be our most improved player from last year.

Reactions: BEC SPK

I didn't say it was personal and I actually said I didn't know what it was....

what I said was...

"Jason had an issue with Mix and Poku. I don't know exactly what it was, but it didn't make sense to me the way he used them."

The issue with Mix and Poku was simple...he didn't use Mix right and didn't use Poku enough. I'm sorry if you feel that is outlandish, but I think that was pretty obvious. In regards to him not knowing how to use Mix, that is a reason why he isn't coaching anymore, cause that is part of his job and he sucked at it. "No one really does" is not true. I've been in the CM camp with him all year, when Pirlo came..I was in the next to Pirlo camp. Others have echoed that. Others still see him as a winger, I don't. I see his energy could be useful in a more defensive mid role (à la Claudio Marchisio) We needed help there so why not try him there, instead of trotting AJ out game after game and watching him act like an attacking mid or at least play the guy instead of Grabavoy. In regards to Poku, if you can justify his playing time last season then I will use the "outlandish" word for you. At times he looked like the best player on the pitch. That's not a bench player, that's a starter. I don't want to hear about stamina when I had to watch T-Mac run around like some stoned chubby kid or watching Ned look like an old man. If stamina was the sole reason why Jason didn't play him much, then start the guy and see how far he can go. If his stamina drops, sub him. Keep doing that, increasing a little each time. It would seem that would be the way to increase a players stamina. I can't see how being a sub would improve it.

Wasn't this the Federico Bravo thread anyway? ;)

Reactions: Kubah and Ulrich
I guess since Kreis failed to get us into the playoffs, no one will right? because he's so amazing that if he can't do something, no one else ever will.

Reactions: Konrad and Ulrich
I'm gonna start this by saying that I like Mix, I want him to do well and be a big part of this club. With that being said, would you rather have Mix playing CAM next year or Poku? Poku is cheaper (at least for now) and seems to have more up side, and I'd personally rather see him there. God I hope Viera can utilize Mix this year though. I want nothing more then for him to be our most improved player from last year.

Why is it Mix or Poku why not have a midfield of Mix, Pirlo, and Poku? Poku is an attacking player, he's never going run an offense in the role Mix plays with the USMNT. I see them as very complementary players. let Mix hang back and pull strings and let Poku charge forward and attack.

And Mix is getting paid a lot of $$$...

Can we trade Mix for Kei Kamara?
W3vEd.gif

Why is it Mix or Poku why not have a midfield of Mix, Pirlo, and Poku? Poku is an attacking player, he's never going run an offense in the role Mix plays with the USMNT. I see them as very complementary players. let Mix hang back and pull strings and let Poku charge forward and attack.

That's what I would do too.