Nycfc Acquire Cdm Federico Bravo On Loan From Boca Juniors [FINALLY confirmed p13]

I have no idea what's taking the team so long to announce this deal is done. Did DC United officially announce their loan for Acosta from Boca? They happened around the same time.

http://m.mundod.com.ar/futbol/fede-bravo-de-jesus-maria-compartir-equipo-con-pirlo-y-lampard

Perhaps they want to coincide the announcement with another announcement i.e. a player loan to Wilmington or an acquisition of a international slot? Although that wouldn't make too much sense because the organization has a couple weeks to comply with the MLS roster rules.

Reactions: NYCFCfan and Sabo
Perhaps they want to coincide the announcement with another announcement i.e. a player loan to Wilmington or an acquisition of a international slot? Although that wouldn't make too much sense because the organization has a couple weeks to comply with the MLS roster rules.
Could be. I just checked and DC United didn't announce their loan deal with Boca Juniors that was reported this week too so I guess they'll both just make us wait more.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...l-for-boca-juniors-midfielder-luciano-acosta/

Could be. I just checked and DC United didn't announce their loan deal with Boca Juniors that was reported this week too so I guess they'll both just make us wait more.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...l-for-boca-juniors-midfielder-luciano-acosta/
Possibly the team may be waiting to see how a few players do in today's game before they announce anything *if* somebody is being loaned/shipped out as a result of their play, and Bravo's announcement hinges on it..... purely speculation on my part.

Reactions: NYCFCfan
I have no idea what's taking the team so long to announce this deal is done. Did DC United officially announce their loan for Acosta from Boca? They happened around the same time.

http://m.mundod.com.ar/futbol/fede-bravo-de-jesus-maria-compartir-equipo-con-pirlo-y-lampard

Sometimes transfers just take weeks to complete. Until all the papers have been signed and the player announced, any and all parties are free to come back to the negotiating table and demand to ask for a better/different deal. It's just one of the facts of life in football.

Reactions: Kjbert
I guess nobody at MLS headquarters has figured out we don't have enough international spots. MLS should do a tax like MLB. If you go over you're limit on things, you pay a tax.

Reactions: adam and Gavin23
I guess nobody at MLS headquarters has figured out we don't have enough international spots. MLS should do a tax like MLB. If you go over you're limit on things, you pay a tax.
Limit doesn't apply until the season starts, thankfully.

Reactions: Kjbert
No, meaning a possibility that Bravo may take the starting spot from Mena.

???? No one knows, everyone around here seem to want him out, I personally give him benefit of doubt since he was in with different CB partner all the time

He's good 1v1 I remember him beating kaka a couple of times during that Orlando home game

???? No one knows, everyone around here seem to want him out, I personally give him benefit of doubt since he was in with different CB partner all the time

He's good 1v1 I remember him beating kaka a couple of times during that Orlando home game
Me too I think he's got a lot of skill. He came in half way through to a new country. He could be very good. Im a big Mena fan I hope he does well. I did hear his injury isn't serious and should be back shortly. I think he's back limited but they probably didn't want to risk him. Mena isn't Ned so please people relax.

I think the hold up is that NYCFC wants to bring in Bravo for camp, but don't want him to arrive until they've made the necessary moves to open up/acquire an international spot. That's actually pretty respectful of them, so they're not wasting his time if they can't trade for one, etc. We've seen moves like this exposed early and fall through, only to make both club and player look like idiots.