Nycfc Acquire Cdm Federico Bravo On Loan From Boca Juniors [FINALLY confirmed p13]

What about P Mullins dude?
Idk if you you're being sarcastic against my sarcasm or my joke went over your head. I'm aware we can't have a team of 35 guys and I know we have multiple strikers and goalies already... We are just extremely mid heavy. We already have Poku, TMac, Pirlo, Frank, Mix and those are just the (what should be) starters.

Per source: deal is done. In process of getting a visa to travel to the US to sign contract.
So we should now soon be seeing another trade announced of either an international player headed out, or a domestic player out for an international spot...... or the fabled Green Card that NYCFCfan NYCFCfan has been hinting at......

[or hopefully not a player headed to the DL]

Reactions: leilanikali420
So we should now soon be seeing another trade announced of either an international player headed out, or a domestic player out for an international spot...... or the fabled Green Card that NYCFCfan NYCFCfan has been hinting at......

Little known MLS rule provides additional international player slots for teams with onion rings on their jersey.

Don't hold your breath, last I heard it was a ways out. Then again, they might be lying so who knows. More likely we trade for a spot or drop Johansen and sign Rawls.

Reactions: adam
It is safe to say that this is a team that looks to solve a problem (um, check out the hook while my DJ revolves it)

Reactions: Jock and Kjbert
I mean we got like 4 extra internationals hanging around camp. I don't eem know how that's going to work.

Reactions: Kjbert
With Wingert being waived, we still have our free cut available. I wonder if Mena's roster spot is at all in jeopardy. He was a Kreis signing, so PV has no loyalty to him. And he's expensive at $250k. If he doesn't win the starting job, I could see us valuing his international spot and that salary a lot higher than keeping him around as a backup.

If Bravo impresses at CB and White looks solid enough, a group of Bravo, Brillant, Hernandez, and White could be enough. (Still probably below average as a group, but sufficient.)

Reactions: adam
With Wingert being waived, we still have our free cut available. I wonder if Mena's roster spot is at all in jeopardy. He was a Kreis signing, so PV has no loyalty to him. And he's expensive at $250k. If he doesn't win the starting job, I could see us valuing his international spot and that salary a lot higher than keeping him around as a backup.

If Bravo impresses at CB and White looks solid enough, a group of Bravo, Brillant, Hernandez, and White could be enough. (Still probably below average as a group, but sufficient.)
Everything needs to be viewed through the lens of the cap, of course, but this would be so disappointing to me. Mena played some really strong games at the end of last year. Though I've seen mentions of Bravo playing CB, my sense is he is a natural DM and we desperately need help there. I think Mena has meaningful upside, so it would be a shame to give up on him so quickly.

not strong, i prefer mena ...but i see what you are saying. his injury sure doesnt help.