Nycfc At Yankee Stadium

Samuel Youn

Registered
Seasoned Supporter
May 5, 2014
Manhattan, NY
Just saw this pop up on twitter. Looks like Yankee's stadium is getting ready for 2015!

BpyirzCIQAASXnH.jpg

Reactions: JGriff217 and Gene
That's awesome. Took me a minute to figure out what I was looking at. At first glance I thought it was a binder or something.

My son and I were at the Yankee game last Thursday afternoon. I saw that from our seats in the upper deck behind first base.

It's located just to the right of that small message board you see on tv looking in from the center field camera.......between the plate and the visitors on deck circle.

When the scoreboard tv showed A's players moving from the circle to the plate, the NYCFC logo was prominently shown on the screen. Because of the angle from where we were sitting I couldn't tell if there was another logo on the Yankees side of the field.

This still isn't optimal but within the city really not much choice. We need our own home though and the sooner the better. I really hope Yankee stadium doesn't turn into Metlife for us

It has been up for a few weeks. This does bring up an interesting question. Will the stadium have an NYCFC atmosphere during a match? What I mean is, will some of the Yankees visual materials be replaced with NYCFC during games? For example, a huge David Villa billboard instead of Jeter. Here is a photo of what I'm talking about:

Yankee-stadium-great-hall2.jpg

Or is it going to feel like you're at a baseball game until you reach the pitch? I'm a Yankees fan, but I would prefer that the surrounds were primarly NYCFC related during a match. Logistically this is probably very difficult since the two seasons overlap, but I hope they figure something out.

Also, does NYCFC get its own shop in the stadium, or just a small section in the current Yankees shop. Stuff to think about. My guess is this type of stuff was included in the deal.

Reactions: Soccerfanatic94
I doubt anything inside the concourses will be NYCFC, but on the field and stuff, I'm guessing they'll do something. Personally, I think they need to put giant logos over the two sections in the bleachers that are being cordoned off (either side of Mohegan Sun Bar).

They definitely will not take down those pictures though. That's the Hall of Champions.

I doubt anything inside the concourses will be NYCFC, but on the field and stuff, I'm guessing they'll do something. Personally, I think they need to put giant logos over the two sections in the bleachers that are being cordoned off (either side of Mohegan Sun Bar).

They definitely will not take down those pictures though. That's the Hall of Champions.

In their rendering of Yankee Stadium during a game both those sections you spoke of were covered by huge NYCFC logos

I would imagine certain NYCFC atmospheric items will be part of the put together and take down of the field.