Nycfc Bar Crawl Feedback

NYCFC_Dan

Registered
Staff member
Seasoned Supporter
Mar 17, 2014
Tampa, Florida
If you attended the barcrawl post here about the experience and share any pictures!
From the looks of things on twitter you guys had a blast.

Reactions: einwindir
So was any establishment decided on? Far more importantly were any group questions discussed for the open meeting on May 1st with Pernetti, Reyna, etc?

I was only there for the first two bars, but it was a great turnout and a lot of fun. It was great to puts some names to faces, and faces to names. As for official business? It was more drinking, singing, and chanting.

I had no opinions on Nevada Smiths and Mad Hatter. Hoping some of the other spots made an impressive. That roof top bar certainly looked nice in a picture.

There were only a few pics on Facebook. One of the admin should share some pics on Facebook for future events. You can use Hootsuite to post on multiple social media platforms at one time.

Looked like a blast guys. Wish I could've made it.

Hopefully next time around will be better timing for myself and family.

I'm just excited to hear it was success.

Most of the admins couldn't make it. @Buckley couldn't get off work and einwindir einwindir just had a baby a few days ago.
We will update with info ASAP. I'd post pictures from twitter but I'm off to work.
This was more of a meet and greet for fans and seeing as how the idea was to bar hop not much official business was discussed im sure.
Let the guys wake up from their hang overs first I guess XD

Right well its good that the Pernetti/Reyna meeting is beginning of March and near to April as possible to get. So that gives the rest of March to come up with some more formal business. Surprised Buckley didn't make it was he the one who actually suggested the idea first? The pictures on twitter are what you would expect really nothing remarkable. Still hope there's plans for a landmark photo and by that it has a double meaning.

I would say that the pub crawl was a success. As people have mentioned, it was more just a social meetup and nothing really official was discussed.

As for an official spot, if it were up to me, I would say Nevada Smiths. I think they were the most welcoming. They are a soccer bar through and through and it also lends itself to lure in casual fans that might just be stopping by. It also is on the 4 train line which can help if people want to meet there before games and take the train up together.

But, that is just my opinion. I'm sure there will be a vote soon.

My son and I went to the Yankee game yesterday afternoon and on the way home we pulled into the 14th Street station a little before five. I was thinking of hopping off and heading towards Nevada Smiths for a couple of beers or three, but man I was just too whipped.

What can I say? I'm old and not as good as I once was. :)

My son and I went to the Yankee game yesterday afternoon and on the way home we pulled into the 14th Street station a little before five. I was thinking of hopping off and heading towards Nevada Smiths for a couple of beers or three, but man I was just too whipped.

What can I say? I'm old and not as good as I once was. :)
No worries. I spent the night with my 1 week old on my lap watching netflix while my wife got some well deserved rest. Family first, always.

Reactions: Buckley and Gene
LOL, brother you don't know the flashback I just had reading that! When we brought my son home from the hospital 20 years ago I was like Dracula.......I'd sit up all night holding him and listening to Steve Somers on WFAN while the wifey sacked out.......and when the sun came up we'd switch places.

Reactions: einwindir
Looks like it was a good time, hoping to make the next event after May 1st. Glad things are starting to take shape though.

LOL, brother you don't know the flashback I just had reading that! When we brought my son home from the hospital 20 years ago I was like Dracula.......I'd sit up all night holding him and listening to Steve Somers on WFAN while the wifey sacked out.......and when the sun came up we'd switch places.
LOL The circle of life. I think I watched two full seasons of shows in the past two days lol. I do my best to take it all in though - the common theme from everyone's advice is soak it all in and appreciate every moment.

Sound like it worked out well! I'm not cool enough to be on the social media sites lol what was the turnout? I like Nevada Smith's (no experience on the other bars except Jack Dempsey's) and it sounds like the obvious choice due to it's soccer connection and location.
Excited to hear what people are saying!

So much fun. FWIW my favorite was actually hatter. That outdoor space with the TVs is perfect for making noise and watching the games.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    170.2 KB · Views: 29