mgarbowski

Registered
Elite Donor
Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Jul 16, 2014
Queens, NY
mgarbowski.com
When I downloaded the NYCFC calendar into my iPhone, it recorded all game times in Greenwich Mean Time *(GMT). Since NY is 5 hours off from GMT, this is less than ideal and I can't imagine why NYCFC set it up this way.

Well, yes I might.:cool:

Anyway, did this happen to anyone else and do you know how to adjust it?

Reactions: adam
When I downloaded the NYCFC calendar into my iPhone, it recorded all game times in Greenwich Mean Time *(GMT). Since NY is 5 hours off from GMT, this is less than ideal and I can't imagine why NYCFC set it up this way.

Did you check your calendar settings? Maybe they're was an option when you downloaded it? It worked fine on my android?

It should automatically adjust based on your time zone.

OK, I deleted and reinstalled and now I see the source of my confusion. There is no option to set your timezone and it should (and does) adjust automatically.
When I look at an event with the iPhone Calendar in Single Day View, e.g. first game in Orlando, it says "9 PM (GMT) within the event text, but it displays the event in the timeline of the calendar from 5pm-7pm. Why it lists the GMT time I don't know but it is adjusting properly.
When I open the event it lists both times, with the local time first:
"Sunday, Mar 8, 2015
from 5 PM to 7 PM
from 9PM to 11PM (GMT)"

Also, I separately downloaded the calendar into Outlook and it doesn't show GMT times at all. So problem solved, mostly It's slightly poor programming to have it display the GMT time instead of the synced time in Daily View, but it more or less works.
It's also probably MLS's responsibility, not NYCFC.

Last edited:
Reactions: Drainyoo
OK, I deleted and reinstalled and now I see the source of my confusion. There is no option to set your timezone and it should (and does) adjust automatically.
When I look at an event with the iPhone Calendar in Single Day View, e.g. first game in Orlando, it says "9 PM (GMT) within the event text, but it displays the event in the timeline of the calendar from 5pm-7pm. Why it lists the GMT time I don't know but it is adjusting properly.
When I open the event it lists both times, with the local time first:
"Sunday, Mar 8, 2015
from 5 PM to 7 PM
from 9PM to 11PM (GMT)"

Also, I separately downloaded the calendar into Outlook and it doesn't show GMT times at all. So problem solved, mostly It's slightly poor programming to have it display the GMT time instead of the synced time in Daily View, but it more or less works.
It's also probably MLS's responsibility, not NYCFC.

This GMT problem is actually a fairly well known iOS bug that Apple is supposedly working on right now. So, no conspiracy theories against NYCFC please! ;)

This GMT problem is actually a fairly well known iOS bug that Apple is supposedly working on right now. So, no conspiracy theories against NYCFC please! ;)
Deal. And to be fair, in the end I blamed MLS instead of NYCFC, but if it's an iOS/Apple problem, so be it.

Reactions: mgarbowski