2017 Projecting By The Numbers and Chasing A Narrative

Also, if this does go through and Orlando gets two more points out of it, the Red Bulls CANNOT clinch a playoff spot with a win on Saturday and will be playing Atlanta in a meaningful match.

giphy.gif

Sad but not surprising that there's nothing on the league website about this Dallas/Orlando situation . If the rule is as clear as it is being presented, it should not require much investigation. But the league needs to decide either that they enforce the regulation as written, or that the remedy is too severe for what they would likely pass off as a technical violation and announce there will be no point adjustment. Silence makes me think they're leaning to the second option but won't even say so publicly. Red Bulls and Dallas both play this weekend and should know where they stand ASAP.
Also surprised that, if nothing else, Orlando fans aren't making a big deal over this.

Kreis is managing Orlando. Their fans are now dead inside.
This deserves a remember when moment.....

Remember when Orlando fans were so excited Kreis was hired because he was a great MLS coach that was unfairly scapegoated in NYC?!?

That fan base got what they deserved.....

Sad but not surprising that there's nothing on the league website about this Dallas/Orlando situation . If the rule is as clear as it is being presented, it should not require much investigation. But the league needs to decide either that they enforce the regulation as written, or that the remedy is too severe for what they would likely pass off as a technical violation and announce there will be no point adjustment. Silence makes me think they're leaning to the second option but won't even say so publicly. Red Bulls and Dallas both play this weekend and should know where they stand ASAP.
Also surprised that, if nothing else, Orlando fans aren't making a big deal over this.
It has not even been confirmed yet that FCD even handed in the lineup card with the ineligible player. They did post it on Twitter, then corrected it. MLS has been silent so far. With all the traction this is getting, you would think that they would confirm or deny it by now.

It has not even been confirmed yet that FCD even handed in the lineup card with the ineligible player. They did post it on Twitter, then corrected it. MLS has been silent so far. With all the traction this is getting, you would think that they would confirm or deny it by now.
That's the thing. The entire investigation should consist of looking at the official lineup card. Why was this not handled quickly?

Welcome to MLS...
giphy.gif

I doubt they blow it off. My guess is that they are evaluating whether some other kind of punishment could be made. It's a pretty technical violation, and docking them a point is harsh. On the other hand, it sets a bad precedent when messing with the lineup rules is given a more lenient sentence. The next violation could be more severe, and it might then be harder to impose a forfeit.

Those guys? Not yet they haven't. Not in the entirety.
I have no idea why you are underlining “those” - to what end is your point?

And they did get what they deserved, a mediocre coach that blames everybody else but himself.

I have no idea why you are underlining “those” - to what end is your point?

And they did get what they deserved, a mediocre coach that blames everybody else but himself.

Just emphasizing the word - THOSE guys - as in ORLANDO in particular - they deserve worse than the usual, that's for sure.

Reactions: Ulrich
Minnesota with a stoppage time winner! Huge for us.

We control our destiny 100% now. All we gotta do is get 4 points irregardless what Atlanta does to clinch the 2 seed.

Last edited:
Huge! Now we control our destiny, draw on the road, win at home and it doesn't matter what ATL does!

Reactions: dannd23
So it starts to get a little cloudy who we would play as the 2 seed. If Atlanta drops anymore points, Chicago might over take them.