Nycfc Filling Roles In The Sporting Department

franchise646

Registered
Oct 31, 2014

New York City FC have completed their coaching line up with four new additions to the Club’s Sporting Department.

Javier Perez and Christian Lattanzio have been named Assistant Coaches to new Head Coach Patrick Vieira, Kristian Wilson has been named Performance Coach, and Matthew Cook has been named Physical Performance Coach. The quartet will form part of Vieira’s team alongside Goalkeeping Coach Robert Vartughian. They will take up their roles on Jan. 1 2016 pending the acquisition of visas.

Perez joins New York City FC after a successful stint as Head Coach of the U.S. Under-18 Men’s National Team. Lattanzio, Wilson and Cook all join from Manchester City, where they worked with Vieira for the Club’s Elite Development Squad.

Vieira said: “I am delighted that Javier, Christian, Kristian and Matt have agreed to join the team. They are high caliber coaches who understand my approach and philosophy and will make a significant contribution to this Club. It was important for me to work with people I know and trust, but also, in Javier, to bring in someone alongside Rob Vartughian who has an excellent understanding of US Soccer and MLS.

Good, I guess. Better to have some help than no help.

From wiki:

Javier Perez is a football (soccer) coach from Spain. He is the head coach of the United States Under-18 Men's National team.[1] Together with Andreas Herzog, he is also the assistant coach of the United States men's national soccer team and also of the United States men's national under-20 soccer team.[2][3][4] Perez wrote the U.S. Soccer Coaching Curriculum with Claudio Reyna.[5] He was formerly a development coach with Real Madrid FC.[6]

Is anyone going to make a fuss about the fact that he's bringing "Man City" people with him?

Is Javier Perez dad of USYNT Joshua Perez at Fiorentina? I know his dad had some involvement in MLS or the USMNT in some capacity but not sure what his name was or what capacity he was involved in.

people are shocked by the assistants to come from Man city? especially since PV comes from their system? what?

what did people expect? a bunch of "MLS savvy" assitant coaches? lol kreis was the most "knowledgeable" and was thrown out easily.

Waiting for the story on HRB about how we now are a farm team for the U-18 team and therefore will be signing a bunch of American high school kids to groom them for their imminent move to the U-18 team.

Every coach in the world has "his guys". You hire a group that you're comfortable with, and you have a common philosophy with. It's not rocket science.
My comment was sarcastic because I knew the farm team narrative people would be on it. Kreis brought his guys over because of the familiarity. Mourinho works with the same assistants, like you said every coach has the same group of guys because they know his methods and know what to do to assist him.

I think the Perez signing is less about NYCFC first team and more about continuing to build out the academy. We're going to have a U18 and U21 team eventually and he will be the coach of one of those if not managing the entire academy.

The truth is every team in MLS is a farm club..... except nearly all of them don't have a farmer wanting to harvest their yield..... or a yield worth harvesting.
peasants an peons, thats what most MLS players and clubs are, which is why we need more richer club owners like CFG. That equality/parity philosophy that MLS adopts makes no sense - it's only beneficial to old poor owners at everyone else's expenses. Bundesliga has no parity yet the league prospers and the national team keeps winning. The same with La Ligue / BBVA and all other top leagues in the world -- only a few clubs dominate at the top all the time (usually those clubs are from big media markets with much wealthier owners). Nothing wrong with that. Mandating parity is really communism.

Reactions: Ulrich
peasants an peons, thats what most MLS players and clubs are, which is why we need more richer club owners like CFG. That equality/parity philosophy that MLS adopts makes no sense - it's only beneficial to old poor owners at everyone else's expenses. Bundesliga has no parity yet the league prospers and the national team keeps winning. The same with La Ligue / BBVA and all other top leagues in the world -- only a few clubs dominate at the top all the time (usually those clubs are from big media markets with much wealthier owners). Nothing wrong with that. Mandating parity is really communism.
I see your examples & I'll raise you: Mandating parity is really stagnation

Ill see your stagnation stagnation and raise you continued financial viability.
nah, a league can have a salary cap without forcing parity and still maintain continued financial viability. It's how they go about doing it that counts.

Reactions: NYdoesitEZ