NYCFC Players Wanted Thread

My friend met Van Persie a few weeks ago in Aruba - he was staying at the same resort. Since she's a Brooklynite & has been to several games as our 3rd ticket & we win when she attends, I'd say that's a pretty good indication that RVP to NYCFC is confirmed.

I'll take it ... with Sneijder.

Reactions: Kjbert and JayH
Reactions: Kjbert
Hmm, would Van Persie be willing to come to NYC for his half price pay cut? That's around $6mm. I think we know a player he could replace in the winter for that same salary, as long as he'll take a little less right now for more later to fit him into the cap.
A front line of:

---Villa-----RVP----Harrison---

would just be sick!!!

The RVP situation is a bit odd. Both West Ham and Middlesborough have passed, and maybe that's because a half-price Van Persie - like a half price Van Gogh - is still pretty expensive. Still, you have to wonder.

Reactions: Kjbert and adam
The RVP situation is a bit odd. Both West Ham and Middlesborough have passed, and maybe that's because a half-price Van Persie - like a half price Van Gogh - is still pretty expensive. Still, you have to wonder.
Have they passed, or is he negotiating with an unknown club, and their inquiries are rendered moot?

Can we make a rule that if you are going to throw out a name in this thread you need to at least spend the 5 seconds it takes to google them first? Between the post contract renewal Torres suggestions and the post that said we could get Higuain because he must be clearly out of favor with his club (who for those too lazy to google he just tied 50+ year old a league record for goals in a season for) after his "poor" from at Copa America things are getting pretty bad. Do us a favor before you throw out your favorite player from your Fifa 16 team or that guy you saw in a world cup one time take a second to check if they are even available or in anyway a reasonable suggestion.

I was the one who mentioned Higuain. Yes I knew before I posted that he broke the scoring record. But that does not prevent me from wishful thinking that he somehow would fall out of favor with his club. There should never be a rule against wishing that hottie sex bombshell be single despite we all know way too well that she is actually married and is dating multiple guys at the same time. Lust driven insanity is always in vogue in this city! Cheers/toast!

I was the one who mentioned Higuain. Yes I knew before I posted that he broke the scoring record. But that does not prevent me from wishful thinking that he somehow would fall out of favor with his club. There should never be a rule against wishing that hottie sex bombshell be single despite we all know way too well that she is actually married and is dating multiple guys at the same time. Lust driven insanity is always in vogue in this city! Cheers/toast!

If you're talking about Gonzalo...Napoli loves him. They have said they want to lock him up for a while. Not gonna happen.

Reactions: Kjbert and gbservis
If you're talking about Gonzalo...Napoli loves him. They have said they want to lock him up for a while. Not gonna happen.

...because Higuain has said he's playing his contract out and leaving

Reactions: adam
Worth mentioning:

Orlando Berrio who was previously linked with NYCFC was left out of Atletico Nacional's 18 yesterday. They played a mostly youth and reserve squad because a lot of the team has flown to Sao Paulo for their Copa Libertadores match tomorrow.

But... Berrio didn't travel with the team to Brazil because he was given a red card in their last Copa Libertadores match so he can't play anyways.

So... the hot stove is heating up right now. I'll let you know if I hear anything else.
Orlando Berrio once again left out of the 18. He didn't play midweek in the Copa Libertadores due to suspension. If he's not in the lineup for the return leg of the final this week then one can safely assume he's on his way out.

Orlando Berrio once again left out of the 18. He didn't play midweek in the Copa Libertadores due to suspension. If he's not in the lineup for the return leg of the final this week then one can safely assume he's on his way out.

Meh, he hasn't always been a guaranteed member of their 18 according to his game logs. Also, I highly doubt they'll move the guy who scored a stoppage time winner in the quarterfinals before the tournament is over. They are 99% going thru to the two-leg finals, which means he probably won't move until the first week of August.

All that aside, we need to send some more players outgoing before we can bring people in, I think. Maybe we have room for one with the Poku money, but if we can't move guys like Mix, Mullins, Mena, etc, we might be a little stuck until winter. If that's the case, I wouldn't mind an EDS loan as a backup option to improve the team this fall.

Reactions: adam
Leftback Christian Fuchs intends to play out his contract at Liecester City (expiring summer 2018, will be 32 years old) then move to New York: http://patch.com/new-york/upper-wes...s-training-academy-awards-scholarships-5-kids

Would be an excellent replacement for Mata if he pushes a move to Europe by then or around that time.

Quote from article:

"I'm not living here permanently at the moment but two years from now New York will be my home, and I see it as my home already because my family is living here," Fuchs said. "There are people who can't afford the camp, but they want to be here, and I want to give that to the kids."

Fuchs told Patch that in addition to running the camp, he also plans on playing professional soccer when he moves to New York.

For the sake of hilarity I say we bring argelico fucks back out of retirement and place him in the backline. And get sacir hot and sign him.

That way we can have a backline of

----Hot--Brillant--Fucks---

IDC if we lose every game. Just make it happen.
We're apparently getting Christian Fuchs in two years, so you're halfway there already...