NYCFC Players Wanted Thread

Yup just checked, signed a four year deal in 2013. Free next year, or maybe Fiorentina is willing to let him go for a small amount this summer. Gomez and Villa up top with Harrison. OH MAN.

That's how you add value to a franchise. We can sell the rights to matches with that type of lineup throughout Europe.

Reactions: Kjbert and Ulrich
That's how you add value to a franchise. We can sell the rights to matches with that type of lineup throughout Europe.
Yup, so far the team has tapped the major European markets, England (Lampard), Spain (Villa), Italy (Pirlo), all that's missing is a name from France (I guess Vieira counts) and a German and we'd have a LOT of international eyes on us.

I don't know his game except for what I've seen with the German National Team. People here are adamant that Villa can't/shouldn't play wide.

Gomez seems to be a target forward. Short of playing a 4-4-2 or a 4-2-3-1, how do Gomez and Villa fit? And how does he fit with Lampard still on the squad? I could see us moving to a 4-2-3-1 (which is essentially what we play now anyway) with Villa underneath a striker - much like Henry at RedBull towards the end - once Lampard has left

Reactions: gbservis
I don't know his game except for what I've seen with the German National Team. People here are adamant that Villa can't/shouldn't play wide.

Gomez seems to be a target forward. Short of playing a 4-4-2 or a 4-2-3-1, how do Gomez and Villa fit? And how does he fit with Lampard still on the squad? I could see us moving to a 4-2-3-1 (which is essentially what we play now anyway) with Villa underneath a striker - much like Henry at RedBull towards the end - once Lampard has left

Nah, Villa could easily shine at LW. He's been dropping deeper lately into the midfield and is a ball winner, so I don't see what he would struggle with on the wing. Unless there's an ego thing, but I think Villa would rather have another teammate on his level and win more games rather than sacrifice that just to play in the middle.

But anyway, we aren't getting Gomez. How would he fit on the books? Pretty much zero chance.

Nah, Villa could easily shine at LW. He's been dropping deeper lately into the midfield and is a ball winner, so I don't see what he would struggle with on the wing. Unless there's an ego thing, but I think Villa would rather have another teammate on his level and win more games rather than sacrifice that just to play in the middle.

But anyway, we aren't getting Gomez. How would he fit on the books? Pretty much zero chance.

Our wings are forced to defend. That would be my only concern. I don't think that's a problem for him. He has great work rate and is a pretty good defender actually. It's just a matter of would we prefer him to goal hang or be available on the counter. We've all of a sudden become a counter attacking team. But tactics can change.

Reactions: gbservis
Our wings are forced to defend. That would be my only concern. I don't think that's a problem for him. He has great work rate and is a pretty good defender actually. It's just a matter of would we prefer him to goal hang or be available on the counter. We've all of a sudden become a counter attacking team. But tactics can change.
Villa wants to win. If there's another forward that helps to score and he has to defend a little, I'd like to think he'd be a team player and accept the responsibility.

Villa wants to win. If there's another forward that helps to score and he has to defend a little, I'd like to think he'd be a team player and accept the responsibility.

We don't disagree. I just don't know if we want that tactically. Harrison and McNamara find themselves defending in their own corner from time to time. Do we want Villa that deep?

We don't disagree. I just don't know if we want that tactically. Harrison and McNamara find themselves defending in their own corner from time to time. Do we want Villa that deep?
He's awesome on the ball so hopefully he wouldn't lose it like some of our players do after a defensive stop. And if there's another forward up front as good as Villa, we haven't lost anything offensively. Now if it was Shelton up front and Villa dropping.....

Reactions: Kjbert
There was rumor that someone in MLS offered Gomez a 9 million contract this spring before he got loaned out.

We should use the TAM and allocation money we got from poku plus mullins and possibly a mix trade to get a young centerback like kenny otigba. relatively unknown centerback who had a decent season with dutch club SC heerenveen.

Honest question that may prove elusive to answer, but perhaps someone like NYCFCfan NYCFCfan knows.

How much TAM have we already committed at this point? I believe that some of the acquisitions we've made include TAM because amortizing the purchase price gets the player over the league max. But I don't know who or how much.

Honest question that may prove elusive to answer, but perhaps someone like NYCFCfan NYCFCfan knows.

How much TAM have we already committed at this point? I believe that some of the acquisitions we've made include TAM because amortizing the purchase price gets the player over the league max. But I don't know who or how much.

Look at my salary cap analysis thread for a rough estimate. (But I should update it with the players that have been moved and acquired).

http://nycfcforums.com/index.php?threads/nycfc-2016-salary-cap-analysis.4624/

Only people who know work for the team and MLS and that information is likely on a need to know basis. Like adam adam said, the best thing we can do is guess.

We'll have a better idea of how much is used when the players union releases the contract amount, but until then it's all guesswork.

Reactions: Kjbert and adam