NYCFC Players Wanted Thread

2017 is when Luis Suarez gets pissed at Barca for handing the keys to the car to Neymar and says adios as he heads to NYCFC.

You're off by a year. 2017 is when braca gets pissed at Suarez because he does something horrifically stupid and gets him self suspended again but this time is for a full season because of all his past issues. Then we can get him in 2018 when his suspension is over.

Reactions: Kjbert
I think, NYC can (should) and will go for Ashley Smith-Brown, a talented versatile player. He has come through Man City's youth ranks and has been a regular for all england youth national teams from u16 up to u20 which he currently represents. He can play LB, RB, CD or a holding midfielder.

He's quick, his height is 177cm and he's 20 at the end of March. He tends to go forward and is good at it, but he can sometimes leave a spare zone behind him while playing a wing-back.
60b42882-58ee-36b6-ae31-6b24ff4c377c

He captained City and England youth sides up to u21 and u19 respectively. Moreover, he scored a couple of screamers for England youths in 2015:
https://vk.com/video-87470134_171103517?list=aa5a26593347c48ecf
https://vk.com/video-87470134_171105720?list=c82a08617f22262f16

I think, NYC can (should) and will go for Ashley Smith-Brown, a talented versatile player. He has come through Man City's youth ranks and has been a regular for all england youth national teams from u16 up to u20 which he currently represents. He can play LB, RB, CD or a holding midfielder.

He's quick, his height is 177cm and he's 20 at the end of March. He tends to go forward and is good at it, but he can sometimes leave a spare zone behind him while playing a wing-back.
60b42882-58ee-36b6-ae31-6b24ff4c377c

He captained City and England youth sides up to u21 and u19 respectively. Moreover, he scored a couple of screamers for England youths in 2015:
https://vk.com/video-87470134_171103517?list=aa5a26593347c48ecf
https://vk.com/video-87470134_171105720?list=c82a08617f22262f16

I definitely think we need to prospect for Defense. We're doing ok for mid and forwards for this season at least.. A player like Smith-Brown would be good to replace Angelino.. I liked how he played, fairly solid on D and made good runs and provided good crosses in. Something like Danny Alvez for Barcelona or Marcelo for R. Madrid but really needs to have the stamina to make it back on counters!

I want more international spots. We shouldn't have to trade for them either. The league just should add more.

I want more international spots. We shouldn't have to trade for them either. The league just should add more.

I read that as part of the option to eliminate the expansion draft, the league may consider increasing the number of international spots. For example, Atlanta would get ~10-12 international spots to build their first team with, and they can use those or trade them around the league.

Ambivalence, here we are.

More pro Americans in the US is good for US soccer. More international spots is good for teams with the money to scout all over the world and buy the players they find (i.e., us).

Reactions: Ulrich
I alsowant more international spots. It raises the caliber of the league on the whole and benefits teams like us with resources. I also think that having more American players doesn't really affect the USMNT because the marginal Americans that will get bounced out of the league are not the guys that are really in the US player pool.

the marginal Americans that will get bounced out of the league are not the guys that are really in the US player pool.
That's a good point. Though more players getting paid means more kids wanting that path. Increase overall talent pool, yadda yadda. Not really sure in the end what difference it makes.

Matarrita back in play according to NYCFCwatch. Competition from Belgian teams for him, which sounds far fetched to me.

Why far fetched? As they stated in their post, Genk has made two recent bids for Alajuelense players, and both purchases included the sell on fee that Alajuelense is asking for.

http://nycfcwatch.sportsblog.com/po...talks-for-matarrita-but-face-competition.html

I think Teixeira is pretty much in the bag, and the rest is on hold until after Thursday's draft. Then the dominoes start falling.

Why far fetched? As they stated in their post, Genk has made two recent bids for Alajuelense players, and both purchases included the sell on fee that Alajuelense is asking for.

http://nycfcwatch.sportsblog.com/po...talks-for-matarrita-but-face-competition.html

I think Teixeira is pretty much in the bag, and the rest is on hold until after Thursday's draft. Then the dominoes start falling.
Far fetched because I don't think matarrita is on Ruiz level, who they traded for before. I think it's alas way of trying to say they have other offers. If he is getting offers to start in Belgium, no way would he consider us. If anything it is for their second side or they would loan him out. He's good, but he's still a work in progress.

Reactions: Kjbert and sbrylski
I think Matarrita is perfect for NYCFC because of Veiera's development background. He has the talent but is definitely young and raw and still learning. I really hope they make a deal before Thursday because that gives us flexibility in the draft.

I think Matarrita is perfect for NYCFC because of Veiera's development background. He has the talent but is definitely young and raw and still learning. I really hope they make a deal before Thursday because that gives us flexibility in the draft.
Doesn't really matter IMHO. The only LB that is an option won't be there when we pick.

Doesn't really matter IMHO. The only LB that is an option won't be there when we pick.

Don't say that with such certainty. Decent chance Danaldi, Yaro, and Harrison all go before Vincent unless I missed something drastic with those three aforementioned. Would really like to have Matarrita and Texeiera finalized so then we can go elsewhere than Campbell because I am not that impressed (granted, I have only minimally watched him).

Don't say that with such certainty. Decent chance Danaldi, Yaro, and Harrison all go before Vincent unless I missed something drastic with those three aforementioned. Would really like to have Matarrita and Texeiera finalized so then we can go elsewhere than Campbell because I am not that impressed (granted, I have only minimally watched him).
Danaldi is not in the draft and Vincent's stock is soaring.