Nycfc To Play At Yankee Stadium For Three Years

einwindir

Registered
Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Mar 19, 2014
Queens, NY
Last edited:
This makes me believe there is big issues with stadium plans.
Absolutely. The Flushing Meadows/Corona plan - which is my favorite AND CLOSEST! - was probably what they were banking on. It's in an area that "big money" thought it could just bulldoze and build. There was a tremendous amount blowback from the local communities, which are a majority hispanic population.

Reactions: MrMartinezNYC
I never heard of many people from the area knowing of the stadium until it was shut down. If anything it was politicians I read that the Queens boro pres is on a board... meaning he gets some type of money for the condos and shops to be built near there.

I never heard of many people from the area knowing of the stadium until it was shut down. If anything it was politicians I read that the Queens boro pres is on a board... meaning he gets some type of money for the condos and shops to be built near there.
If you're up to it, post it here. Maybe if we all email and call, something can be done? Same if we contact NYCFC?

Reactions: MrMartinezNYC
Bronx Boro President Diaz said that he was going to push for the stadium to be built in Bronx. I was not shocked at all that they did not get a stadium before the end of last year. The team already are eying an area in the Bronx and will def get it before this year. Not worried. But now I know where my team is gonna playing. Cant wait.

I am. We can complain to each other and come up with the best plans for the best stadium in the world but without being heard by the right people nothing gets done. I play in a softball league on Sat mornings and 1 year our park was so bad the parks dept never cut the grass and it seems kids was hanging out there at night drinking so this went on for a few weeks and i got fed up and wrote an email to parks dept and my district rep. Now i do not know if it was cause of my email but that grass has never been that high again... even do it is not the prettiest park lol

Well if the New Times isn't a legitimate source then what is other than official club statement? Certainly it backs up the Empire of Soccer story and anyone could send questions to one of those journalists (not sure why that article needed two authors) @AndrewDasNYT who is specifically a soccer author. Club might as well put the news out officially tomorrow (or before midnight EST) no point delaying it any longer.

The Bronx reps are trying to make it happen there was even a suggestion about the kingsbridge armory which 320M tax dollars... well I'm sure some fed funding was given as well but still something that new that was a big deal is already being offered up?

The organization has been methodically built step by step. Look at what they've accomplished in less than a year. Just because an announcement concerning a venue for a permanent stadium hasn't been made yet doesn't mean negotiations aren't on going.

Don't get all twisted over de Blasio and his progressive bs. He's a politician first and foremost, which means once the proper checks get deposited things will move along. If anyone gives a fat rats ass, just look into his involvement with the Barclays Center/Atlantic Yards situation.

The bottom line is this was always gonna be the best possible outcome whether its ideal or not. It makes no sense criticizing it now, a SSS wasn't gonna magically appear in the city by 2015. We'll just have to deal with it until they find their permanent home.

We just have to cooperate with what we are given. Pointing out the bad and bringing about speculation isn't going to make matters better. Having a temporary at Yankee Stadium was pretty much a given, and a permanent is just going to have to be dealt with, no matter where it is built. We all just have to agree, wherever they are playing, we will be their supporting them.

The money quote from your ownership group:

"Baseball is clearly our no.1 priority".

And no Gene, there are no negotiations going on whatsoever with the city on a permanent stadium. There is nothing happening. Zero.

Reactions: Mikeylito
The money quote from your ownership group:

"Baseball is clearly our no.1 priority".

And no Gene, there are no negotiations going on whatsoever with the city on a permanent stadium. There is nothing happening. Zero.
Thank you for your much requested take on this Leo. We just love your negative spin of everything NYCFC...